Perfect Apartment

Netzach said:
A great big urban loft.

Beams are a plus, but if I don't have them at least there's room for free-standing furniture.

Either that or a place that's decorated like a 30's shanghai cathouse, lots of mirrors and vanities for the little girlymen.

~~grin~~ those little girlymen would be blushing at the cat house decor and watching themselves blush in all of the mirrors..what a lovely thought!

Re: apartment to small

wetandslave said:
would not consider an apartment. one warehouse in warehouse district. one welder and lots of iron to work with. yes it would have bathroom and all other amenities. just do not forget the iron, lots of iron.

just a side note, given if you live in an apartment. we would not have open or closed play parties where we live.

HEY! Damn!
I never thought about a wharehouse..now that is the perfect solution for this Mistress!

ahhhh to dream!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Perfect Apartment

SkylineBlue said:
Not to be a party pooper but bedrooms almost ALWAYS have to have a window for emergency egress in case of a night time fire. However ... a nice interior "office" would work.

I love the urban loft idea.

Lately I've been thinking about what sort of project to choose for my thesis (will be entering my last year of architecture schooling very soon). Wouldn't it be a blast if I asked my advisor if I could do a residence for a bdsm couple. I wonder how the faculty would take to that idea (being mostly middle aged men located in the midwest). I'd be tempted to have a very open structure with columns and beams exposed :)

I for one would love to see the design...I can already see the beauty and functionality through your eyes.

Desdemona said:
I would rather rent a house out in the country. It would be surrounded by trees and have a fenced in back yard. We'd have a hot tub outside. In this situation, we wouldn't have to worry about noise or nosy neighbors. We could also have the freedom to take our play parties outside when the weather is suitable (which is most of the year where we live).

A house does have many pluses but for this travelling Mistress the yard work simply becomes and impossible obstacle. I do have access to a wonderful house on 3 plus acres of treed and private property for BDSM parties and evets though...and no yard work!

SkylineBlue said:
Though there is something sexy about an apartment with a wonderful balcony... in some way shielded so that no one would see (at first glance) the slave tied to the banister butt naked while her master had a lovely breakfast and read the newspaper. Imagine her distress. Poor thing

O come on! you know the little exhibitionist just loves it.
I also enjoy the *maybe there is an audiance maybe there isn't* aspect of living in a highrise apartment building.

Shadowsdream said:
A house does have many pluses but for this travelling Mistress the yard work simply becomes and impossible obstacle. I do have access to a wonderful house on 3 plus acres of treed and private property for BDSM parties and evets though...and no yard work!

It sounds like you have found the best of both worlds, Shadowsdream.
Confession time: I don't have time for more than pleasurable (i.e. puttering about in the flower beds) yard work either. I've been paying someone else to do the hard stuff for years. That's why a house isn't an obstacle for me.

apartment

a loft apartment in an old, heavily constructed building where the walls are solid concrete and/or brick...pretty good soundproofing and echo effect for screams and whimpers and the downward fall of a whip's tail; a lot of open space for different types of toys and 'furnishings' and gatherings of like-minded people; large paned windows; a terrace or balcony for exhibitionist tendencies;

(hmmm...i sense a story coming on...oh goodie)

:rose:

Shadowsdream said:
A house does have many pluses but for this travelling Mistress the yard work simply becomes and impossible obstacle.

But Mistress, where else are slaves for?

living room area decked out in plush couches and lots of floor pillows for when sitting on the couch just isn't appropriate...sorry, I just have this whole harem thing coming into mind...my living room resembles it a bit...as much as I could get away with since I have a roomate...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Perfect Apartment

Shadowsdream said:
I for one would love to see the design...I can already see the beauty and functionality through your eyes.

Just yesterday my professor complimented my current design work. (art museum/art studio) ... he said it was graceful and elegant would look great in my portfolio.

I think there should be lots of exposed wood and metal. To contrast. And for warmth. Kitchens are usually the rooms I like imagining in my head the most but I think now I'll spend all my time imagining how the entire complex could be used for bdsm play.

I dunno about everyone else. But I've never enjoyed pics of dungeons with too much exposed concrete. I would much rather have a more sensuous space. Lots of adjusting lighting.

Wouldn't it be a blast if you got that tv show trading spaces to do your dungeon?! Lol.

Exposed concrete is ok, but it should be huge, white walled and open.

I fantasize about beating someone at the DIA foundation for the arts.

Hmmmmm

As a professional tool user, and wannabe dungeon designer - I think the ultimate would be to have a house - free standing-

This takes care of the noise, and usually the parking probs.
As well as the whole apartment hallway issue.

But the item of perfection is the semi-finished basement.
Semi-finished because then you don't have to spend a bunch of time and money to rip out the tacky "family room" paneling and decor.
The basement may or may not have windows to the outside, if it does they are usually much easier to deal with.
And you can start from scratch. Take that Dom/mely vision (and your credit card) down to the local home improvement store. (Or hire someone else to) ANd have EXACTLY what you want.
WARNING - this gets expensive - but then you will be the first in your neighborhood (that you know of) that can actually chain people to the stone walls of your very own dungeon.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Perfect Apartment

SkylineBlue said:
Just yesterday my professor complimented my current design work. (art museum/art studio) ... he said it was graceful and elegant would look great in my portfolio.

I think there should be lots of exposed wood and metal. To contrast. And for warmth. Kitchens are usually the rooms I like imagining in my head the most but I think now I'll spend all my time imagining how the entire complex could be used for bdsm play.

I dunno about everyone else. But I've never enjoyed pics of dungeons with too much exposed concrete. I would much rather have a more sensuous space. Lots of adjusting lighting.

Wouldn't it be a blast if you got that tv show trading spaces to do your dungeon?! Lol.

How about a traditional feel - stone walls - broken by large exposed beams..... Hmm and the beams(non load bearing) provide a chase for the lines to feed gas fired cressets???

Gives one a good setting for lots of assorted decorative ( and not so) exposed iron work.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Perfect Apartment

EKVITKAR said:
How about a traditional feel - stone walls - broken by large exposed beams..... Hmm and the beams(non load bearing) provide a chase for the lines to feed gas fired cressets???

Gives one a good setting for lots of assorted decorative ( and not so) exposed iron work.

see this is exactly what i don't want. to me it is so cliche "dungeon" atmosphere. I feel like just because you do some harsh play doesn't mean it can't have a light feel. and there is no reason you can't make that same "light" and "airy" room have a much darker, sensous, or even stark feel simply by using adjustable lighting. I feel there isn't much precedence to go off of. Pleasant torture chambers - seems an oxymoron.

Maybe what is needed is an apartment or house with two such rooms. One more for pleasure and the other strictly for punishment but having to seperate the two into different rooms, I think gives the wrong message regarding that pain is pleasure and pleasure is pain (or can be).

How did I MISS this thread...

Shadowsdream said:

Then do I have the house for you! I bought an old foreclosure for a verrrry good price. Hardwood floors, solid oak construction....4 bedrooms and a basement...and NO front Yard! I've got a little bit of back yard but it's all shaded by hickory trees, so the grass doesn't grow. WE are actually (my Dom and I) remodeling it right now...we've installed a "secret passage" from one bedroom to the next *giggle*

...as for a design I would like...I would like a very roomy bathroom since tile is so much easier to clean than carpet or hardwood. i'd also like exposed rafters (even if they were drywalled) for the easy installation of eye hooks. I'd also like a kitchen "island" (where there is a bit of counter in the middle of the room) I think one of those would have definate potential for bondage and straight out sex.

*sigh* I'm going to go knock down a wall now

We happen to be searching for right now - house, not really apartment - we're thinking old block house, w/ basement, excellent sound control, yard, etc.

Well well well I seem to have missed this thread for quite some time and didn't realize so many had posted since My last peek.
I am duly impressed with all of the thoughts and imaginations.
Now next question..in said exquisite (space) One will have to add towels...linen...dishes etc.
Personally I am partial to black even in linen and china. I do not mind an extra touch of silver or gold now and then but do enjoy the dark colors because it emphasises My other passion which is crystal.
Any suggestions here that could spark My curiousity?

This is solely Miss Holly here ... I LOVE black (too bad I have a cream colored cat). I want a black bathroom, with black ceramic tile, black marble counter. And grey and steel accesories :D

I think you need an imaginative lighting plan. It depends on your taste, but with all the dark colors, you need light to make the crystal sparkle. There are so many options including indirect lighting, beautiful lamps, windows, and candles. A combination of reflective and non-reflective surfaces in the room allows the light to play across your furnishings and guests. The way you light the space influences and supports the mood you want to create.

SweetDommes said:
This is solely Miss Holly here ... I LOVE black (too bad I have a cream colored cat). I want a black bathroom, with black ceramic tile, black marble counter. And grey and steel accesories :D
Your tastes are very similar to Mine...right down to the cat accessory, though of course Mine was black!

Desdemona said:
I think you need an imaginative lighting plan. It depends on your taste, but with all the dark colors, you need light to make the crystal sparkle. There are so many options including indirect lighting, beautiful lamps, windows, and candles. A combination of reflective and non-reflective surfaces in the room allows the light to play across your furnishings and guests. The way you light the space influences and supports the mood you want to create.

Very good point des...light reflects more than prisms it reflects mood and atmosphere. I use a lot of candles because I enjoy both their innocence and their bravado. Do you prefer colored lighting or crystal clear white light?

I didn't select the cat ... he choose me.

Yes, with all the black lighting is essential. Dimmers are wonderful creations :D

Back