Perfect Apartment

I on the other, have begun to enjoy white spaces with shots of color in key elements - particularly red. And incredibly shadow play. For example ... my current AV. And I love exposed wood. Especially when contrasted against glass.

SkylineBlue said:
I on the other, have begun to enjoy white spaces with shots of color in key elements - particularly red. And incredibly shadow play. For example ... my current AV. And I love exposed wood. Especially when contrasted against glass.

We prefer dark ... we have been mistaken for goth more than once (it's what happens when you go out in head to toe black, combat boots & chains/collars on, go figure) ... not adverse to white, but having the contrast of the colors against the black is very nice as well ... I'm imagining a black pegboard against a black wall with our floggers hanging from it - one dark blue & silvery gray, one royal blue & purple with metalic beads, one black with black beads, and whatever else we happen to get ... the colors standing out just as well against the black as they would the white (well, not the black one, but the others), and of course, the other set of toys that we want to have displayed as well...

-Miss Karen-
-Miss Holly-

Last edited:
Shadowsdream said:
Very good point des...light reflects more than prisms it reflects mood and atmosphere. I use a lot of candles because I enjoy both their innocence and their bravado. Do you prefer colored lighting or crystal clear white light?

I like clear white light myself. It's clean and I'm comfortable with it. It can be dim or very bright or somewhere in between. Something about colored lights makes me uneasy in most settings. Which do you prefer?

I also enjoy candles. I like the smell of the smoke and the warm ambience. If I'm using natural beeswax candles, I get the added benefit of that smell as well. I like the way the flame flickers and the light moves with tiny breezes or drafts. I like the contrast of the small flames with the big shadows that are sometimes created. I like the way candlelight makes a friend's face glow as you sit and talk together.

Desdemona said:
I also enjoy candles. I like the smell of the smoke and the warm ambience. If I'm using natural beeswax candles, I get the added benefit of that smell as well. I like the way the flame flickers and the light moves with tiny breezes or drafts. I like the contrast of the small flames with the big shadows that are sometimes created. I like the way candlelight makes a friend's face glow as you sit and talk together.

I'm not big on colored lighting, although sometimes it's fun ... however I LOVE candles ... too bad candles are a very bad idea with 3 cats ... and because of my allergies, I have to have the ones that are the least scented possible on the occations that I say to hell with the cats & light one anyway.

SweetDommes said:
I'm not big on colored lighting, although sometimes it's fun ... however I LOVE candles ... too bad candles are a very bad idea with 3 cats ... and because of my allergies, I have to have the ones that are the least scented possible on the occations that I say to hell with the cats & light one anyway.

Yes, I can imagine that cats and candles don't mix too well. I have allergies to scents as well, therefore only use unscented or plain beeswax candles.

Desdemona said:
Yes, I can imagine that cats and candles don't mix too well. I have allergies to scents as well, therefore only use unscented or plain beeswax candles.

HeeHee ... yeah ... my cat has a total fascination with candles and she is also a total klutz (she falls off of the flat back of the couch on a regular basis ... it's strange).

And now, back to the topic of perfect living space (not really an apartment) ... we signed the papers for a house today.... renting for 2 years with an option to buy it after 2 years (which I'm sure we will take - it's a nice little house in a nice location). 3 bedrooms, well insulated from weather by the neighbors houses and well insulated from sound from the other houses (yesterday when we were there, there was a dog barking next door the whole time but we only heard the thing when we were outside). There is a small yard, mostly already enclosed by privacy fencing, some storage in the back, etc... The basement isn't quite what we had hoped for, but still very nice, with plenty of room to either make into a play-space, or storage so that we can make one of the bedrooms upstairs into our play-space ... so for now, we have the perfect place for us to live.

-Miss Karen

The perfect play house for me would be one with a fairly large room with exposed ceiling beams (a deep basement might work) for suspension. Tile floor with woven area rugs. Light colored walls; two would be covered with all forms of erotic art (and pics found on the web) Another wall with hooks and shelves to display all our toys and the final wall mirrored so he could watch all the naughty things I'd do to him. Lots of candles to light when the mood strikes.

Necessary play equipment to include a cross, a spanking bench, a doctors examination or massage table to one side and a full sized bed with overhead suspension hooks.

I'd like a seating area with couch or loveseat and a few chairs to watch videos.

A bathroom with large jacuzzi tub and seperate shower with multiple shower heads would complete the area.

We had a bedroom in our last house (minus the cross, table and mirrors but including, instead, a great fireplace) which was close to what I just described and we miss it greatly.

Back