pic-a-thon II

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beat

Tristesse said:
It's always jazz with me. :)

e-mail on it's way. :kiss:

Thank you poeTess.

I watched The Last of the Blue Devils today. Then I listened to Vince Guaraldi and Marion MacPartland. I dig you, sister. :D

:kiss:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beat

Angeline said:
Thank you poeTess.

I watched The Last of the Blue Devils today. Then I listened to Vince Guaraldi and Marion MacPartland. I dig you, sister. :D

Nice fare on a cold Sunday night, Sis - I watched Chicago - again - and now I'm listening to Harry Allen and Scot Hamilton.

SeattleRain said:
ghostly neo.

a beautiful photo...I think I have been there...
Angeline said:
excellent, neo. i like the poem and the photo. you did cool stuff with the fonts, too.

:rose:
Thank you both :rose:

After work I am taking a basic black and white photography class, so expect to see a lot of illustrated poems out of me in the upcoming months :)

- neo

redumbrella.jpg

rain alters a street,
opens red canopies,
hurried--one falls behind
to prolong the rain.

Angeline said:
that is excellent. did you take that?
It's from that collection I offered everyone last week, but since there were no takers, I decided to write some poems with all the images I have.
From a doctor's window, I took a picture of a woman walking in the rain--and added some friends, changed the color of the umbrella and grass, etc. :)

cat.jpg

under my pawpaw tree,
there lies good creatures.

aida suns between spokes
from past summer's wagon.
a snowfall later,
we break frozen ground.

Last edited:
WickedEve said:
It's from that collection I offered everyone last week, but since there were no takers, I decided to write some poems with all the images I have.
From a doctor's window, I took a picture of a woman walking in the rain--and added some friends, changed the color of the umbrella and grass, etc. :)

cat.jpg

under my pawpaw tree,
there lies good creatures.

aida suns between spokes
from past summer's wagon.
a snowfall later,
we break frozen ground.

Yup. I knew you had photoshopped it somehow--it came out great and you know these poems and images would make nice little postcards, eh?

:)

Angeline said:
Yup. I knew you had photoshopped it somehow--it came out great and you know these poems and images would make nice little postcards, eh?

:)
hallmarkish? lol
some of the images I have in that group are really cool. I wish I could think of a poem for all of them.

Last edited:
WickedEve said:
hallmarkish? lol
some of the images I have in that group are really cool. I wish I could think of a poem for all of them.
Here are a few I really want to add some words to:
backtoback.jpg

redseats.jpg

fair.jpg

nonono

*art* postcards, like the ones galleries send. or they sell in boutiques. you know, for money. poetry for money--a novel thought, lol.

Angeline said:
nonono

*art* postcards, like the ones galleries send. or they sell in boutiques. you know, for money. poetry for money--a novel thought, lol.
ah... good idea. hmmm... thinking.

fair.jpg

beneath pale terra cotta,
tie-dyed with clouds,
i'm a bleak bit,
nearly absorbed into the gray.

where are those solar souls?
not suns,
but they glowed with life,
encircling the spinners
and dippers,
contraptions that made us scream.

you were upside down in me,
last night. now,
the sky is unsettling,
with cogs and gears
suspended below.

Evie? I picked this one...

*takin the pic out in case there is a challenge...

May I please?

Last edited:
BooMerengue said:
Evie? I picked this one...

May I please?
Oh, you must have saved the link before I removed it. Please use it! I was disappointed by the lack of interest in my offer. There are over 200 images. I'm trying to use 5% of them. lol I can't wait to see the words you add to this.

WickedEve said:
Oh, you must have saved the link before I removed it. Please use it! I was disappointed by the lack of interest in my offer. There are over 200 images. I'm trying to use 5% of them. lol I can't wait to see the words you add to this.

Where's that link. I'm gonna go get one.

:D

Angeline said:
Where's that link. I'm gonna go get one.

:D

Here ya go, baby!

I think this works...

Edit:
Boo, I removed the link. I PMed it to Ange. I'd rather be contacted for the link. I realized that there are certain people (trolls) I'd like to keep from gaining access. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
BooMerengue said:
Here ya go, baby!

I think this works...

Edit:
Boo, I removed the link. I PMed it to Ange. I'd rather be contacted for the link. I realized that there are certain people (trolls) I'd like to keep from gaining access. :(

Ohh! *slaps head! I'm sorry- should have known.

Ijust now saw this post...

Is this gonna be a challenge, Eve? hmmm??

A bandbox of corsage girls
primp and polish to sparkle
before stagelit mirrors.

They sweep jade shadows,
accentuate lids with Nile lines,
and purse their lips for gold
swival tubes of shiny red wax.

Their bare shoulders gleam,
and they dip jeweled necks
gracefully as stems, patting scent
on the petals of their skin.

Their long red nails tip tap
on the counter. They carry
glittery bags, small enough
to hold a teacup chihuahua.

When they glide into night,
they become flowers,
and attach themselves
to a man's lapel.

Last edited:
neonurotic said:
:( I can't read it. The art doesn't zoom or I'm 'zoom impaired'

really? i'll email it to you if you want to give me an opinion. :D

it looks ok on my computer--i checked it. let me know .

(will you pm your email addy? i think it was on my other--i.e., dead--computer...)

Back