pic-a-thon II

Liar said:
What's the size limit for a Lit illustration anyway? I can't get this one very small without making the text all blurry and stuff.

All illustrations must be submitted as .gifs or .jpgs, and must be less than 450 pixels wide and less than 40k in size.

It's beautiful, by the way. :rose:

minsue said:
All illustrations must be submitted as .gifs or .jpgs, and must be less than 450 pixels wide and less than 40k in size.

Within range then. Thanks.

And thanks. :)

#L

minsue said:

I'll second that--poem and photo, both. :)

Boiling Point

again, all original

Last edited by a moderator:
neonurotic said:
again, all original
Well that sucks.... the 40k really down grades the quality of the print and the word art on top of that. Anyone have suggestions on how to do a work around?

neonurotic said:
Well that sucks.... the 40k really down grades the quality of the print and the word art on top of that. Anyone have suggestions on how to do a work around?

I've had some success with starting out with the photo really big--big type size, too, obviously, then shrinking the file down and saving it for the web, but mainly it sucks, like you said.

Angeline said:
I've had some success with starting out with the photo really big--big type size, too, obviously, then shrinking the file down and saving it for the web, but mainly it sucks, like you said.
This worked for me, Ange. I did my illustrated again, but did the lettering the way you suggested. Thank you. :rose:

neonurotic said:
This worked for me, Ange. I did my illustrated again, but did the lettering the way you suggested. Thank you. :rose:

It looks great. You do illustrated poems better than anyone, even me you bastard. :D

Look at this one. I did the illustration, but my absolutely favorite girl in the entire world wrote the poem. We're collaborating. ;)

not bad for just turned 13, eh?

Last edited:
Angeline said:
It looks great. You do illustrated poems better than anyone, even me you bastard. :D

Look at this one. I did the illustration, but my absolutely favorite girl in the entire world wrote the poem. We're collaborating. ;)

Not bad at all. So I'll just brag a bit, too. I took my 15 year old to a poetry reading last Thursday. She got up on stage and amazed even me (and I know how damn amazing she is!) The poise astounded me and the poetry delighted me to tears.

a proud Mom (aka MILF)

Angeline said:

She had some good genes to work with. So did yours, Syndra.

Mine got jeans with holes in the knees.

Syndra Lynn said:
Not bad at all. So I'll just brag a bit, too. I took my 15 year old to a poetry reading last Thursday. She got up on stage and amazed even me (and I know how damn amazing she is!) The poise astounded me and the poetry delighted me to tears.

a proud Mom (aka MILF)

My son always used to bring tissues for me to his stage events and say "I know you're gonna cry mom." Cheeky brat. :D

Angeline said:

This is stunning work! The art and the poem go together perfectly. What a terrific collab. :D

Blueprint

Attachments

• blueprint.jpg
    blueprint.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 25
red barn door

beside the red barn door
by Seattle Rain

The boot print
you left in the snow
grows outward as it melts.

Someone like me might believe
a giant walked this endless field
with a slow stride that stretches across seasons

But it is just you,
leaving your last frozen prints
across the spring-snow grass
that leaks its green
into the landscape.

photo by sp

Attachments

• barndoor4.JPG
    barndoor4.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 21
annaswirls said:
beside the red barn door
by Seattle Rain

The boot print
you left in the snow
grows outward as it melts.

Someone like me might believe
a giant walked this endless field
with a slow stride that stretches across seasons

But it is just you,
leaving your last frozen prints
across the spring-snow grass
that leaks its green
into the landscape.

photo by sp

Well it's a wonderful picture and poem, whoever wrote it.

;)

Angeline said:
Well it's a wonderful picture and poem, whoever wrote it.

;)

oh you know I can never keep my girls straight
they are turning into naked mole rats,
I so rarely let them see the light

and thanks :)

Ummm...

Hi Girls!

ahem... Can I be your naked mole rat?

;)

How about a naked pole cat?.... Yes, that might be better. ;)

denis hale said:
Hi Girls!

ahem... Can I be your naked mole rat?

;)

How about a naked pole cat?.... Yes, that might be better. ;)

are you sure you are up for the lather and the blade? I am not sure Seattle can be trusted... you know she does have some violent tendencies.

hmmm....

I don't know about that....

but dig this! :

My 300th post! woooo hooooo!!!!!

What do I get fur that? :)

Join The Dots

hm. hope this makes sense

#L

Attachments

• jointhedots.gif
    jointhedots.gif
    29.5 KB · Views: 13