Pm game

Strangely enough, no.

But a few years ago I discovered Pillars of Eternity, and from there Pillars of Eternity 2 - Deadfire, which is, frankly, one of the most brilliant Baldur's Gate-like RPGs I've ever played.

But Serana remains my true love.

Torment is worth a try; the gameplay has dated, but the story was fantastic and I still replay it every few years. I think it's still my favourite of the D&D adaptations, not just for the Sheena Easton/Jennifer Hale/Dan Castellaneta NPC interactions.

I hear great things about BG3, but that'll have to wait until I upgrade my hardware.

hear great things about BG3, but that'll have to wait until I upgrade my hardware.
You will upgrade your hardware for BG3.
obi-wan-obi-was.gif

babe, I was playing paladins when Eye of the Beholder was the best AD&D game going.
You kids and your electronics and new fangled gadgets. I was playing when the only option was table top with actual dice you had to roll. AD&D First Edition stuff.

You kids and your electronics and new fangled gadgets. I was playing when the only option was table top with actual dice you had to roll. AD&D First Edition stuff.
Pah, I was playing roleplaying games when all we had was finger guns and arguments about who shot who!

I got one as a combined Christmas and birthday present.

I might have gotten a finger gun for Christmas/birthday if I hadn't been too busy working the fields after returning from school on a 10-mile ride through the snow on the family mule. We went hungry that Christmas, and had to eat the mule.

my d20 was biased towards critical fumbles, and my d10 always made me stab myself in the knee. On the odd occasion I rolled a natural 20, I'd always roll a 1 for damage.

my d20 was biased towards critical fumbles, and my d10 always made me stab myself in the knee. On the odd occasion I rolled a natural 20, I'd always roll a 1 for damage.
Some years ago I went through a phase of 7 months when I never once rolled higher than 12. And yes, it was a d20, not a d12.

I think the dice gods did that to all of us. I found my old dice the other day, along with a few very badly painted pewter figurines. The D20 were so worn I could almost use them as marbles.

Back