"Public Comments"

I Do! I Do! - But none from You!

Tristesse said:
Rybka should have - at least - 2 comments, Ange 'n me. :D
I have a comment from Angeline and one from The Fool, but nothing from you. You must have been a veerry BAAAAD girl to get the board so mad at you. :D :rose: :D

Re: I Do! I Do! - But none from You!

I have a comment from Angeline and one from The Fool, but nothing from you. You must have been a veerry BAAAAD girl to get the board so mad at you. :D :rose: :D

lead1001.gif

I think I just didn't have all the right buttons pressed. I tried again and it's there now. :D

Comments = Votes + Feedback ??

I just voted on Angeline's "Giving Thanks. This is fun! I like it better than voting. - I wonder if eventually it may replace simple voting. In a way it is an automatic anti-SNERK filter. Since you are required to rate as well as comment, this new feature should make it easier to identify bogus and block voting.

Re: Comments = Votes + Feedback ??

Rybka said:
I like it better than voting. - I wonder if eventually it may replace simple voting. In a way it is an automatic anti-SNERK filter. Since you are required to rate as well as comment, this new feature should make it easier to identify bogus and block voting.
Well, everyone is still allowed to vote without making comments, so it doesn't really matter as far as SNERKs are concerned.

I turned comments on for all my submissions yesterday, but the new thingy didn't show up on my Winter Contest Story. I could only see it after I voted (yes, I voted on my story, but already had 29 votes and only wanted to read Fool's comment. :eek:).

Posting the new poems' thread comments on the public comment area of each poem is a great idea, but I wonder how many poems will have the option turned on. Anyone noticed if we can turn it on at the same time we're submitting, instead of only after it gets posted?

Angeline said:
I feel I should thank you on his behalf. Actually, both of you. :D

I just turned public comments on for all my poems. I'm thinking I may post new poem review comments there as well as the new poem thread. Any comments/suggestions on that?

My only concern to this is that it will create a new space to check for feedback. But I suppose if it does create feedback that's better than nothing.

HomerPindar

forgive me cause i just woke up but--

what the heck is a SNERK?

lol. sounds like a snarky smurf....

hmmmm

Sorry Rybka, I messed up on one of the voting choices, meant to give you a 5 but after I wrote my comment phone rang and hit enter too soon, had to disconnect and forgot to vote on rating. :(

Goody, Goody Goody!!

Wow! I got critical comment. Thanks, Boo! :)

I must have done something wrong though, I thought the cynical humor in the piece was much more apparent. Sorry if you took me seriously. All my BAHS! are pure humbug. :) :rose: :)

Regards, Rybka

I just realised one annoying thing about public comments. It is great that everyone can read and comment and discuss...

But it has made it harder to reply to the reedback that I get. When this came by mail, it was easy to slap away an email reply. Now I can't post a reply in the comments without having to grade my own poetry. Is there any way around that? :confused:

If not, I'll start replying via PM to you forumers.

Icingsugar said:
I just realised one annoying thing about public comments. It is great that everyone can read and comment and discuss...

But it has made it harder to reply to the reedback that I get. When this came by mail, it was easy to slap away an email reply. Now I can't post a reply in the comments without having to grade my own poetry. Is there any way around that? :confused:

If not, I'll start replying via PM to you forumers.
Ice, when you 'grade' your poem using the public comments feature, you're not voting. They are two independent systems. I could vote 1 and grade 100%, if I wanted to, or not vote at all, or not comment at all. The grades on the public comments are merely indicative, so you may leave it at the default 50% and not worry about it slipping up (down? :D) on the rankings...

I think replying to the comments, if you want to keep them private, isn't too hard. The comments are signed, the names are links to the repective member pages. Once you get there, click on the person's name and send a message through the feedback system... Easier than tracking them down on the BB, which they may not visit anyway...

I'm absolutely positive I left a P. C. here but there's nothing there now. :eek:

Don't tell me comments will start disappearing like the points do sometimes.

Com(m)e(n)t Cleanser ?

Tristesse said:
I'm absolutely positive I left a P. C. here but there's nothing there now. :eek:

What did you say to piss him off? :p
Seriously, has anyone had to delete a comment yet?

Tristesse said:

:confused: I have deletesd nottin, I say.

A couuple of my own comments on poem and stories have gone lost too, due to me forgetting to submit after the ppreview screen. That's me in a nutshell.

(Another thing that is me in a nutshell is that I promised to log off and get some sleep three posts ago... :rolleyes: )

Re: Com(m)e(n)t Cleanser ?

Rybka said:
What did you say to piss him off? :p
Seriously, has anyone had to delete a comment yet?

Not a word! I loved it.

*crushed*

Icingsugar said:
:confused: I have deletesd nottin, I say.

A couuple of my own comments on poem and stories have gone lost too, due to me forgetting to submit after the ppreview screen. That's me in a nutshell.

(Another thing that is me in a nutshell is that I promised to log off and get some sleep three posts ago... :rolleyes: )

Well - it was a carefully constructed cinquain/double acrostic praising your poem.

:D All gone now, :(

Back