Publishing

Congratulations, BB, on your success in getting the book into print and on your successful promotion. You write some wild and powerful poetry, and I am not surprised you are finding a receptive audience.

Well done! :nana:
bogusbrig said:
I got a poetry book printed at lulu with some illustrations (actually they were etchings I already had that were sympathetic to the poetry.) I purchased ten and with the price of the mail it cost me roughly 7 euro a copy or roughly $8 a copy. I've sold all ten for 10 euro each, that's $11.72 so I've made a grand total of $17.20 from my poetry and I'm ordering some more because I read at poetry readings and am often asked for copies of my work.

Oh Almost forgot the reason for this post. I'm impressed with the quality and time scale of the whole thing. I recommend it to anyone else thinking about it. But make sure you can move them first of course.

flyguy69 said:
Congratulations, BB, on your success in getting the book into print and on your successful promotion. You write some wild and powerful poetry, and I am not surprised you are finding a receptive audience.

Well done! :nana:

Thanks for the compliment Flyguy.

It's surprising how much better the poems seem to read from a well produced book. The feel of a good quality book in the hand does wonders for them. It makes you wonder if presentation is all part of the confidence trick of literature. I know presentation in art is very important in convincing people to buy.

Back