"Same Title" Challenge #4

Okay, everyone...
TODAY IS THE DAY!
Post your "Tangled Fluorescence" poems, and we will discuss, make fun of, chide and praise tomorrow.

;)
- Judo

Uh-oh...this time diff. is a pest. I think I jumped the gun. AA's in there with me so throw a few of the books at him.

I've tried a couple of diiferent attempts to work out a poem, but no luck. Not the titles fault, I assure you (did you know florecence also refers to a period of growth or bloom?). I also have to write a ballad for class, and no luck there either...

Maybe next time.

HomerPindar

Well, I was just now able to get online. I hope it posted in time.

Sigh.

Cordelia

guilty pleasure said:
Uh-oh...this time diff. is a pest. I think I jumped the gun. AA's in there with me so throw a few of the books at him.
Thanks alot, GP...holds icebag to the side of my head where the dictionary bounced off it. LOL I only jumped the gun by two hours. Take care--AA :)

HomerPindar said:
(did you know florecence also refers to a period of growth or bloom?)

florescence
Etymology: New Latin florescentia, from Latin florescent-, florescens, present participle of florescere, inchoative of florEre to blossom, flourish
: a state or period of flourishing

fluorescence
Etymology: fluorspar + opalescence
: luminescence that is caused by the absorption of radiation at one wavelength followed by nearly immediate reradiation usually at a different wavelength and that ceases almost at once when the incident radiation stops; also : the radiation emitted

Nice try, Homer... ;)

too many tangles?

The new poems are up but there are no 'tangled flourescences' in the list. Does anyone know why?

Mine says it is still pending.

:)
silken

Mine too. It took quite a bit longer than usual for the (few) new poems to be posted, and I don't even think the 7 days old were removed...

There's something definitely off happening. Maybe we scared Laurel? :D

Maybe she got tangled.. ~grins~

Or it snowed flourescent flakes, or the public holiday was just too good.

Do you think it will mean tomorrow's list is going to be very very long?..lol

May be... Just as long as Saturday's list isn't, I'm cool with it. *chuckles*

I think this is all Eve's fault...

Last edited:
~grins~
.. Rather you than me doing any list.. Is too lazy for them..lol

Eve's fault? Nahhhhh, really?...

~grins

I dunno what happened. I posted mine yesterday afternoon. OT baby--wherever you are--I think you're going to get whomped with poems (which doesn't sound so bad to me, lol) tomorrow. I'll help if necessary. :)

While you wait for 'tangled fluorescences'

Kick this one around.

Flickering Fluorescent Finish

Fluorescent flickers flail the room
signal tube has met its doom
ends are blackened from its use
of hours spent sucking juice.

Orange and yellow draw the sight
To watch the struggle of the light
Bulb burns brighter lightning flows
Down length of tube lightning glows

Ends soon turn a blackened blue
Like with death we struggle too
Some burn bright from birth to end
Others battle birth, and birth’s darker friend.

My Lover Sleep is showing up but I submitted 2 other poems before that one and they're not up and sp submitted his Lover Sleep before I did. So... hmmm...

Yes, Lauren, it's my fault! Blame the wicked one in the crowd!

WickedEve said:
My Lover Sleep is showing up but I submitted 2 other poems before that one and they're not up and sp submitted his Lover Sleep before I did. So... hmmm...

Yes, Lauren, it's my fault! Blame the wicked one in the crowd!

Likely, it's my fault! I didn't realize that the monday I chose was going to be a National Holiday for the United States (President's day). Or perhaps it was a subliminal association with our current dud "leader of the free world."

By the way, Evie, love the new AV. Where have those beads been?

;)

PS - So, hopefully Wednesday's child will be able to review the Tangle of Fluorescent Poems mañana.

PS - So, hopefully Wednesday's child will be able to review the Tangle of Fluorescent Poems mañana.

Let's hope they don't make him full of woe. :p

Another day gone by and still no new Tangled Fluorescence poems posted. I'm going to PM Laurel and try to find out what if anything is going on.

Today there were 12 new poems, but again, they were late, and at least for a few hours there were incongruities (the older poems weren't immediately deleted, and I don't think that 93 number below the link corresponds to reality)

JUDO said:
... Or perhaps it was a subliminal association with our current dud "leader of the free world."

Dismay

It seems some days my skin
feels thin and my thick head
extra surly.

in a forum like this
statements like that
make me
sad

That may be, but the fact that nothing seems to be working right with the new poems for these last couple of days does remind me of the guy. :eek:

Oh well, instead of accepting the stasis perhaps one should suggest a new challenge?

Lauren.Hynde said:
Maybe... You do it! :D

No, I was not suggesting such, I was just saying that instead of everyone waiting that the next person in line should maybe get a new challenge going.

I think it is alwaysawake's turn, he posted this

Quote: "May I toss in a possible title? Silken Waves..."

so I think that puts him next in line, right? He got the "E"!

Lauren.Hynde said:
Another day gone by and still no new Tangled Fluorescence poems posted. I'm going to PM Laurel and try to find out what if anything is going on.

Today there were 12 new poems, but again, they were late, and at least for a few hours there were incongruities (the older poems weren't immediately deleted, and I don't think that 93 number below the link corresponds to reality)
12? I only count four new poems.

Regards,                       Rybka

Back