Sex before eighteen

Emerald_eyed said:
maybe because it wasnt LIT Material?

It was. It was rejected for "under age." About twenty stories with the same two people *having sex* were accepted with no problems.

I believe whoever passed judgement on that thing was just having a bad day.
MG

Emerald_eyed said:
20 other stories all involving underage people having sex?

Or did you flash it back to their childhood?

Dear EE,
No. All stories finished with a statement that everyone was at least eighteen. Only the first one (no sex) got rejected.
MG

Flogging a Dead 18-y-o Horse

Just resubmit the story unchanged. In the snarky comments to Laurel box make a snarky comment that you're resubmitting it unchanged, as it was erroneously rejected for underage sex. Point out the ambiguous passage, if that helps.

I've done that a few times, resubmitting with minimal change, now that I've worked out you can. The poor woman reads hundreds of pages of grimy rubbish every night, it's probably a vast relief to see '15' in the third paragraph, stamp it 'reject', and pass on to the next one.

It amused me to have a recent story open with girls of 12, 13, or 14 talking. Thought I'd better put a warning in the snarky comments box that they don't get involved: and that went in fine.

All these just-18-year-olds who've never heard of sex, and whose breasts are just budding: you know, that makes their IQ about 61. And it usually shows.

Re: Flogging a Dead 18-y-o Horse

Rainbow Skin said:
Just that makes their IQ about 61. And it usually shows.

Dear RS,
I'll thank you not to cast personal aspersions at my intelligence. I can't help it, you know.
MG

excuse me,i always thought of myself and the continuing saga of budding breasts rather intelligent.

Strictly, I don't mean IQ, I mean whatever the opposite of progeria is. Antigeria? Neoteny?

The IQ depends on whether their brains mature in line with their physiological or their chronological ages.

Rainbow Skin said:
Strictly, I don't mean IQ, I mean whatever the opposite of progeria is. Antigeria? Neoteny?

The IQ depends on whether their brains mature in line with their physiological or their chronological ages.

Dear RS,
No shit?

I think the word you're looking for is 'taxidermy.'
MG

Ps. I think breasts generally cease being "budding" after age about 15 or 16.

Last edited:
MathGirl said:
Ps. I think breasts generally cease being "budding" after age about 15 or 16.

In the same way that all boys over 15/16 have deep voices, shave twice a day and stop giggling like girls at double entendres.

Gauche

entendray vous?

I think boys giggle at anything doubled (imho). P

How about just writing the story leaving out the ages and let the reader figure it out. Leave the age in the minds of the reader.

Quite right. The 'it was just after my 18th birthday' is often in mitigation of some particularly ditzy or juvenile behaviour of the character - or after mentioning school, budding breasts, training bra, never kissed, etc.

At times there are stories that the character's actions don't match what the character does.

Pet names are used at any age, so there's no hint there either.

just a thought.

Re: Flogging a Dead 18-y-o Horse

Rainbow Skin said:
Just resubmit the story unchanged. In the snarky comments to Laurel box make a snarky comment that you're resubmitting it unchanged, as it was erroneously rejected for underage sex. Point out the ambiguous passage, if that helps.

I agree with this one - my story "a pirate's revenge" (don't roll your eyes, i wrote it a long time ago, okay?) was rejected for underage sex. Hello, the characters were all over 18. I just resubmitted it with a note and laurel accepted it.

At least a resubmission will have Laurel looking a little closer at it, and it never hurts to try, right?

-Chicklet

Back