Songs : W/ female names in the title

All the Girls Love Alice ~ Elton John

From WIKI :
"All the Girls Love Alice" is a song by Elton John with lyrics written by Bernie Taupin
from the album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. The song concerns Alice, a melancholy,
upper-class, 16-year-old student at a British public school. Having little romantic or sexual success with boys, she engages in lesbian liaisons. She becomes known for her sexual prowess and is in much demand,
especially with older, married women.

the things we learn on the interwebs ....

Here's two... :)

Dear Maria, Count Me In - All Time Low

Holly (Would You Turn Me On?) - All Time Low

Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair ~ Stephen Foster

Last edited:
Hey, I didn't see Precious and Grace up there. :) ZZ Top, I believe, covered by Queens of the Stone Age

Didnt check to see if anyone else posted it, but I didnt see it indexed. Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin. Great band btw from right here in Pennsylvania.

Didnt check to see if anyone else posted it, but I didnt see it indexed. Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin. Great band btw from right here in Pennsylvania.

Thx dsrtfox1942 ,
That's one of those things that I thought long and hard about when creating the index ,
whether or not to list the female name alphabetically , or to list them by actual song titles .
Breaking benjamin has it listed in their online info as " THE Diary of Jane " so I went with that .
HERE is the song title posted from 7/09

My apologize for any confusion ,
thank you for your participation here .

~ C

attachment.php

Updated Index HERE on page 1 for reference .
Thank you all for your contributions

Lily , Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts ~ Bob Dylan

Last edited:
Back