Story content warnings

Re: resistance is futile

gauchecritic said:
May contain nuts
I've often wondered why that's written over every packet of minced beef in the supermarket!

Just to add my two-pennorth (sorry, two cents) to the thread (consider it anti-hijack tax) I've been toying with putting disclaimers at the top of my next story explaining in simple abbreviations what the reader can expect in terms of sexual content.

Some sites have a simple mf ff mmf type thing - I assume it could work like a tick-box, but then that's categorising erotica, and thus limiting it. Which means someone's going to get all upset and then create something which doesn't fit ANY category, just to piss everybody off.

TBH I would hate for anyone to read through one of my 40,000-word nightmares hoping for a bit of cock, when there so blatantly isn't going to be any...

ax

Re: Re: resistance is futile

SlaveMasterUK said:
hoping for a bit of cock, when there so blatantly isn't going to be any...ax

Not even a teeny one with just a little peach fuzz around it?
MG

Re: Re: Re: resistance is futile

MathGirl said:
Not even a teeny one with just a little peach fuzz around it?
MG
if you read the other threads here and the Literotica rules, you'll find that this quite simply isn't allowed. There are plenty of other site around to cater for your tastes. I will keep my stories 100% above board and above AOC.

ax

Highest standards

Warnings about the content of my stories are unnecessary. My faithful readers know that any DurtGurl story will reflect the utmoast in delicacy and good taste. I hold myself to extremely high standards.
DG

Originally posted by MathGirl
Oh, dear. "Hoss style" sounds like something to do with quadrapeds of the equine persuasion.
Wasn't Hoss some character out of Bonanza? I can't remember if he was equinally persuaded, but I suspect that equine persuasion was not an issue addressed in mainstream TV at that time.

GL

Last edited:
Hoss

Yes, Hoss was the big dumb and happy brother - tall and more than husky. He wore a very big hat. He was rarely the one to get the girl so equine persuasion might have done it for him (off the set at any rate).

I was a teenager in a Catholic all-girl high school; I didn't know she was a hooker. :confused:

Hoss's hooker

Yes, Dan Blocker was secuced by a palamino who stood seventeen hands and worked out of a stable.
MG

Perdita, dear, remember those women with the deep-cut dresses who worked in the saloon? From time to time, they brought men upstairs, into their bedrooms..? Those were "hookers".;)

my thoughts

I think perhaps Svenskaflika (hope I spelled that correctly) has a point, if only to save yourself a bit of grief, it's wiser to give readers a heads up if there's something they might not expect to see in that category. However, I also think that if one's reading Anal, male/male sex shouldn't be an unexpected variation. Perhaps you should write about an aging black pensioner watching his young white home health nurse being dildo'd by her sister. You could post it in Group, Interacial, Exhibitionist/Voyeur, Toys & Masturbation, Mature and Incest, and put a warning at the top customized to each category. ;)

E-:rose:

Perdita, dear, remember those women with the deep-cut dresses who worked in the saloon? From time to time, they brought men upstairs, into their bedrooms..? Those were "hookers".
I know it now, Gutengurl. Does anyone remember the show "My Friend Flicka", about a boy and his mule? :D

Hey, after 200 posts I finally figured out how to do [quotes].

perdita said:
I know it now, Gutengurl. Does anyone remember the show "My Friend Flicka", about a boy and his mule? :D

Obviously not, or they would understand that I'm of the feminine gender, and stop referring to me with a boy's name...:mad:

Quote me no quotes

perdita said:

Dear Perd,
It's customary to leave the name of the quotee when you do that. Please see above por exemplo.
DG

I don't put extra stuff in a story. Well, usually. I did it three times. Twice, when I dedicated the story to someone; once, when I wanted to reinforce the idea that the story was about someone specific and deny such a thing all at the same time. So, when it comes to "warn a guy, will ya!" I usually do that in the description or title so that it makes it to my author's page. That way someone who really liked one of my straight male-female stories doesn't accidentally open one up that they might find gross or objectionable.

If I wrote a group sex story with two men getting it on, I'd probably call it something cutesy. "Getting It Up When I'm Going Down" and as the description: "Bimale love in an elevator."

Yeah, I'm listening to Aerosmith.

DG: That av is quite possibly the scariest thing I've ever seen. Except maybe Anne Widdecombe.

The Earl

I was actually referring to the one before with the goatee.

The Earl

That was DG's father, I believe, Earl. Coincidently, he's also her brother, her uncle, and her cousin.

Incest

Svenskaflicka said:
That was DG's father, I believe, Earl. Coincidently, he's also her brother, her uncle, and her cousin.

Yes. DG is from a fine old Arkansas fambly.
MG

Warning on Chapter 01

Was the warning overdone?

Feedback can be unhelpful. If the reader doesn't realise that a story in the Humor and Satire section can be satirical and isn't meant to be taken seriously what does the author do?

"May contain offensive humor"

"May challenge your prejudices"

"I'd plead the whatever-it-is amendment but I can't because I'm a Brit and we don't have a constitution."

How far do you go to protect the unwary reader?

Og.

Back