Sulk

Seeing a friend in May who has had a children's book published and I might pick her brains about how she found her publisher and if they might be interested in poetry for children

Sounds good!
bflagsst note about illustrators may be worth looking into, particularly for small children when they sit on your lap and you read. My memories of those times are remote, but the pictures helped get me into the words.

Sounds good!
bflagsst note about illustrators may be worth looking into, particularly for small children when they sit on your lap and you read. My memories of those times are remote, but the pictures helped get me into the words.

The friend illustrated her own, I haven't seen the book but will in May. I was thinking of something along the lines of Edward Lear ..... I can write nonsense very easily lol i.e my Ode to a Dung Beetle!

The friend illustrated her own, I haven't seen the book but will in May. I was thinking of something along the lines of Edward Lear ..... I can write nonsense very easily lol i.e my Ode to a Dung Beetle!

He's the one I remember most from so long ago.
A little older - Ogden Nash - like his words for St Saens Carnival of the Animals.

He's the one I remember most from so long ago.
A little older - Ogden Nash - like his words for St Saens Carnival of the Animals.

St Saens is the closest thing to a poet in pure music world. Danse Macabre, Samson et Delilah and all that jazzy jazz. Ted Hughes(the smoking gun killer of our dear Sylvia) wrote a few uber popular children books. I don't remember if any were in verse though. Iron giant or somethin

St Saens is the closest thing to a poet in pure music world. Danse Macabre, Samson et Delilah and all that jazzy jazz. Ted Hughes(the smoking gun killer of our dear Sylvia) wrote a few uber popular children books. I don't remember if any were in verse though. Iron giant or somethin

If I had to write a list of my favourite instrumental music Danse Macabre would probably top it, that and most things by Jean Michel Jarre

Back tops my list, especially the orchestral pieces. Like the orchestral suite which includes Air on a G-string.

My favorite spellchecker experience was when I was writing a paper on the Alps. I had it add 'orogeny' to its dictionary and later, when I used 'orogenies' the program suggested 'erogenous'. Perhaps in some way that led to my user name here. Another geologic one I ran across was 'diaper' for 'diapir'.
As a matter of fact, the spellchecker here (Firefox 3.something) flags both of them.

Last edited:
My favorite spellchecker experience was when I was writing a paper on the Alps. I had it add 'orogeny' to its dictionary and later, when I used 'orogenies' the program suggested 'erogenous'. Perhaps in some way that led to my user name here. Another geologic one I ran across was 'diaper' for 'diapir'.
As a matter of fact, the spellchecker here (Firefox 3.something) flags both of them.

LOL at one time I used to text in a lot to a radio programme and the presenters name was Martyn trouble is the text suggest thing always made it Nastym!

LOL at one time I used to text in a lot to a radio programme and the presenters name was Martyn trouble is the text suggest thing always made it Nastym!

Bizarre! Hard to see how it came up with that! At least most spellcheckers let you add words to their dictionary so they don't flag the words again. Sometimes I'll do that, at other times just say ignore (or I ignore). Once I told one to learn a misspelled version of a word!

Back