The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

We have the kids clean the lunchroom after they are done eating. We run 2-3 vacuums a day. Most of the teens that vacuum have to be shown how to use a vacuum down to moving things out of the way. Some have even entangle themselves in the cord before. It's crazy to see a teen who has never done that before. I take it for granted I guess because mine does it at home and she's not even a teen yet.
Wow basic life skills. Ya ever w watch the videos of teenagers trying to use a rotary phone? Hilarious

The neighborhood where I grew up, most kids' families had cleaning people where ours had chores :rolleyes:
A “cleaning person” was another word for kids and parents who vacuumed their own homes, cleaned their own shit, washed their own dishes (by hand of course!), mopped their own floors, etc.

Having a “staff” was for the well to do.

When we turned 12 my dad taught us to sew, wash clothes, iron, clean his way, and cook. He said we were old enough to help out and if we knew this we wouldn't have to count on anyone else to do it.
Important life and survival skills!

Also recall having to do my own wash too. I am glad we took the same approach w my daughter. She didn’t love us for it, but I think it was healthy for her.

Back