The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Good morning USA.

Well afternoon here. The day started with IT problems and frustrated G. Eventually got that sorted so I could do more important stuff like catching up with a good freind. Then it was paperwork and a little garden tidying.

Lunch is Cumberland sausage and mash with onion gravy. That’s the long thick sausage for you sausage lovers by the way! 😏

This afternoon I will go blast a few clays then chill for the evening
I love long, thick sausage! 🤭🤭😉

I broke out my .22 and did some plinking this afternoon. I got the new scope dialed in pretty well I think.

My sister likes destruction art, and old antiques. She’s coming over tonight and so I made her a little bit of “art”.

Well done on the shooting, W! Can I assume the outside shots were BEFORE you got the scope dialed in and not after??? 🤔🤔

I also love the art coffee pot! 😍

OK, I don’t know what those are.

Happy Sunday! The hotel doesn’t seem to have Coffey ready yet. That’s just unacceptable. I may go ahead and saddle up and hit the road sort that out at my house. Got my trailer, ready to go, after a shower anyway. I suppose I should get dressed, too. it is kind of chilly
What I understand is it's a snack at 1100 before lunch at 1200. 🙄

It might be a bit coolish to be riding around nakey this time of year, Wat! 🤭🤣🤭

I wandered to the hotel lobby to make sure they had coffee, which they do. And those funny pump containers. I don’t understand why those things always leave ahead on the coffee. Beer has a head, Coffey does not. And they have half-and-half in the tiny containers which are unrefrigerated. I can understand why the flavour bullshit is not refrigerated, but half-and-half deserves and belongs in refrigeration.

Not sure about that crap. Maybe it’s too early to think.
Half-n-half definitely belongs in the fridge or on ice. Maybe mention the Health Department might want to know...

Great show tonight. Saw a band from Oreland called Fontaines DC. Been waiting a few years to see em and they did not disappoint. Loud, heavy, sonic, psychedelic, trebley, and how do I explain it…. A 60s secret agent sound.

Played forever… venue had to shut em down. It was the last show on their tour. They played their hearts out.

I’ve seen 6 bands this year, most of them are great. But this was the best band of em all. Seriously good sonic attach.

Night all.

(Huh? What did you say??)

I wake, make coffee, have some toast or homemade muffins, then smile as I read the sign in the kitchen left by my late wife: Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift!

Enjoy your gift of today!
Every once in a while, I try to re-affirm my desire to make the most of each day. I haven't been consistent at hitting that lately but today was a good one! I got out with my girl for a long walkie, made some friend dates, and caught up with my friends here!

We managed to get our walkie in before the rain started. It's still warmish here, in the 60s.

So yesterday I took the advantage of prepping some food. I made a meatloaf, cook some beets, made apple pear sauce, freezer prep some parsnips and carrots. Then I went to watch the pups next door. Today I'm going to go outside and cut down some of my plants. Do a little fall prep. I need to vacuum.
That's a LOT of work, K!

likes2watchU - you are amazing! Had no idea there were heated outdoor bird baths :love: LOL! ..had to bring one of my senior fur babies to the vet this week worried she was crossing the rainbow bridge but thank goodness came back home with her and a bunch of new prescriptions... I am having fun with this winter bird feeding I have to say!
I'm so glad your baby is OK, A! 🫂🫂

Morning good people! Knocked out a bath for my truck yesterday, so today need to run the wife’s through. I used to hand wash those babies, but now they get sent through the line. Have better use of my time nowadays!😂. Slept in, started a load of laundry, now hunkering down for a typical lazy Sunday. Coffee, eggs, bacon, and grits. The Return of the Pink Panther is on, keeping me company with the first cup. Cooking shows, Carolina Outdoor Journal, then the Formula 1 race from Austin! I told the tribe to not bother me! 🤣. We’ll see how that goes!

Hope everyone’s Sunday is as productive! The MZ…

View attachment 2411562
I love grits! 😋

I cut them up blanched in boiling salted water for 2 minutes stopped cooking by throwing in an ice bath then layed on paper towels on a cookie sheet to dry out a bit...then took off the wet paper towels qnd threw in the freezer to freeze (so they don't stick together) once they were frozen threw them in a freezer bag to use later
I freeze fruit by putting them on a sheet pan in the freezer. Larger fruits like peaches, I cut into bite-sized pieces. When they're frozen, I put them in a freezer bag. This way, I can just remove the amount I want to use.

So far it’s been a day in the home office. We picked up the tail end of the hurricane so it’s storm force winds and rain. The river is up and with big tides running the valley has flooded and part of the road into the village. We are 60 feet up so safe and dry!
Be careful, G! 🫂🌀🫂

Upon request and have done both from recipes and not mixes. I have done squash pancakes, applesauce pancakes and want to try buckwheat pancakes. The crepes are basic and fun is whether you want savory or sweet filling.
I always make my pancake batter from scratch. There are no boxes of Bisquik in my kitchen!

Back