The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

I have historically had a lot of luck with Fords. I did have a Honda years ago and my wife has one… Had a lot of problems with the electrical system, but it seems all good now and runs like a champ.

I got my first non-Ford car since forever, this year. Gave my daughter my old fusion and got a Hyundai Tucson. Pretty decent car, but the thing that really sold me was the 10 year, 100 K warranty.
I am leasing a Nissan Rogue for safety and grandchildren reasons. I am not sold on it as a longer term option. I decided to lease from now on as if I don’t like the car, I turn it over to someone else.

My favorite older car was a 72 Blue Duster. But it also rusted badly. I spent many days of my youth doing patching with fiberglass etc. New cars don’t have the rust issue.

We had a car dealer in the family so drove many many different brands over the years. I stopped having brand loyalty with vehicles anyway somewhere back around ‘88. If you got a good one, hang on to it! If it starts to give any trouble, unload that lemon. Having said all that, when it came time to purchase for my immediate family we have two Toyota’s. One a one owner Tundra that is approaching 300k. I’d drive it to Alaska tomorrow with no worries. My oldest has claimed that. Wife has a Camry that runs like a top. I have horse traded pickups for years but have sort of settled into a Ram groove. Last two trucks have been Ram 1500’s. They have both been good vehicles except for the “Hemi Tick” which I think I found the fix for goofing off on the UToob….and now…your MZ…speaking of rams…

IMG_0095.jpeg

I took a day off.

Yesterday my wife and I travelled to Philly to see the the band I wrote about earlier. While we were there we visited Chanticleer gardens, this gorgeous estate in west Philly.

Here’s a few photos.

Prairie sunflower

Japanese maple

Backlit Japanese maple

Feverfew (weird name for a flower)

bluemink
You are quite the photographer!!!

Back