The "Let's All Nag Angeline to Finish NaNoWriNo" Thread

ooh please! i might just have a go this weekend :eek:

I'll pm it to you. You'll have to convert it, but that's easy. There's lots of conversion tools online. You'll have to let me know what you think of it. I'm roasting some chicken tonight and doing the risotto with it. It looks like a really good recipe (though peeling squash is a bitch!).

I'll pm it to you. You'll have to convert it, but that's easy. There's lots of conversion tools online. You'll have to let me know what you think of it. I'm roasting some chicken tonight and doing the risotto with it. It looks like a really good recipe (though peeling squash is a bitch!).

i will, as soon as i make it. ty

7795 and lots of reorganzing of the outline to clarify the next few chapters. I'm going to take a break and make risotto. There's snow predicted in the higher elevations tonight, but I'll just see it looking pretty from afar. That's my kinda snow!

The characters are really starting to come to life for me. It's exciting! Otoh I read some of Cider House Rules last night (to study dialogue) and thought oh what a load of crap I've written. But if I get a first draft that sets up the architecture of the plot by the end of the month, I'll be happy. I can work with that.
Well, not to be negative or anything, but I still think you should be planning to be at least 2/3 the way through by the halfway point, to allow for fatigue, holidays, life events, and such much. You're lagging a bit behind that at your present rate.

I know. I'm being pissy about things and interfering with your life. Hey, I'm a coach, albeit a self-appointed coach, and that nagging thing is what coaches do. It's what we do. We yell and act cranky and expect a large fee. (Maybe we act crankily? And that fee thing probably isn't worth so much for NaNo, is it?)

Don't get too hung up on Mr. Irving, though, who, by the time he wrote The Cider House Rules had probably been through at least a dozen novels, published and unpublished. The point of this competition is to get you through 50K words on yer own novel. However good or bad they are.

So far, so good. Deep breath, proper form, punch that lift up.

Or something.

And where's that lazy son of a &$^%# Remec? Is he late for training again?

Well, not to be negative or anything, but I still think you should be planning to be at least 2/3 the way through by the halfway point, to allow for fatigue, holidays, life events, and such much. You're lagging a bit behind that at your present rate.

I know. I'm being pissy about things and interfering with your life. Hey, I'm a coach, albeit a self-appointed coach, and that nagging thing is what coaches do. It's what we do. We yell and act cranky and expect a large fee. (Maybe we act crankily? And that fee thing probably isn't worth so much for NaNo, is it?)

Don't get too hung up on Mr. Irving, though, who, by the time he wrote The Cider House Rules had probably been through at least a dozen novels, published and unpublished. The point of this competition is to get you through 50K words on yer own novel. However good or bad they are.

So far, so good. Deep breath, proper form, punch that lift up.

Or something.

I need to keep ahead on the outline. I'm writing in YWriter because it keeps a running word count, but it also counts stuff I know NaNaWriMo's counter won't. In YWriter I'm around 9k words: it's very helpful because it has an intuitive (to me) outline feature, and I know myself well enough to realize if I don't have a daily plan I'll quickly fall apart. If I do, I can be creative within it but still tie my tangents together. So the investment is worth it to me. If I don't hit 50k or finish the story it won't be that big of a deal to me, but I do want to try for it. But don't tell anyone like a coach that I said that, ahem. I think the most important lesson for me is that if I can do this in November (even most of November), I know I can in December or any other time. I want most to develop a daily writing practice again.

I know not to compare myself with experienced (and especially great) writers, even if I did indulge in a mite of martyrdom last night. But I read enough to recognize that I should not be worrying about stuff like dialogue in a first draft. It's a learning process for me.

And that's all the words I'm giving this thread today!

Remec? Come git yer whippin. :D

:rose:

... (though peeling squash is a bitch!).
I thought you said peeing...

Keep writing. As soon as you get up and before you pour coffee, turn on your computer, then go shower, brush your teeth, (and shave Mr. Remec, unless you're participating in Mo-vember -- for prostate cancer). Once you're bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, pour that coffee, then write. Tell your honey-buns you'll see them later and get down to it.

Today, write the hardest thing you're planning on including in your story. Don't worry about quality, just write it. Mine was writing the death scene of a child... Yours may be similar or not, just write it anyway. You'll be glad you're done it and then you can evaluate it's worth next month. Today, simply get it into words.

I'd be trying this month but I'm too busy in school dammit. Although that's lame ass, I likely waste enough time procrastinating about homework that I could write a couple of thousand words to a story.

Keep writing, :kiss: I know you will be successful.

Remec? Come git yer whippin. :D

:rose:

I'm here...let another one slip by, but I did start this morning. Just over 400 since 830 am...now I have to run to the store, take my son the rest of his lunch, grab an hour or two of sleep, and then be back for more writing.

So I will swing through with an update this afternoon. That okay, you whip bearers? (Snap them...I need it...really...hehehe)

:cool:

Write, Sis Write!!!!!

cannot wait to read it.

hugs,
your
Carolina Sis

Write, Sis Write!!!!!

cannot wait to read it.

hugs,
your
Carolina Sis

Lol, I am not sure anyone will want to read my opus if I get through this marathon, including me. But I'm learning a lot and redeveloping my daily writing chops, which is what I really want from this.

:heart:

PS Hey are you in the "upstate"? I know what that is now! They always give the weather on tv here for the mountains and the "upstate."

Lol, I am not sure anyone will want to read my opus if I get through this marathon, including me. But I'm learning a lot and redeveloping my daily writing chops, which is what I really want from this.

:heart:

PS Hey are you in the "upstate"? I know what that is now! They always give the weather on tv here for the mountains and the "upstate."

Nope Sis, I am in the 'Midlands" of SC. BUt all I have to do is get on 26 and drive for an hour andf 45 minutes and I am home. I can see the link to I-26 they built on the mountain above my road when I was just a kid. In fact, it slid off several times and there was talk that my uncle caused the landslides, lol, but he didn't, of course, its just old, loose soil, beautiful old soil. If you ever get the chance, pull up the geology maps for the Pisgah area and you'll see that your back yard is littered with minerals like emeralds, rubies and sapphires. Eventually I am taking my girls and son in law up to Franklin to dig. It would be fun to make it a big outing if you and Terry would want to meet up with us. but hell, you probably have stuff in your own yard to dig.

hugs,

~J

Nope Sis, I am in the 'Midlands" of SC. BUt all I have to do is get on 26 and drive for an hour andf 45 minutes and I am home. I can see the link to I-26 they built on the mountain above my road when I was just a kid. In fact, it slid off several times and there was talk that my uncle caused the landslides, lol, but he didn't, of course, its just old, loose soil, beautiful old soil. If you ever get the chance, pull up the geology maps for the Pisgah area and you'll see that your back yard is littered with minerals like emeralds, rubies and sapphires. Eventually I am taking my girls and son in law up to Franklin to dig. It would be fun to make it a big outing if you and Terry would want to meet up with us. but hell, you probably have stuff in your own yard to dig.

hugs,

~J

You let me know when you are planning to do it, and maybe we can get together. :)

I've thought about going to one of those mineral dig sites. I know there are a bunch of them around here. I also want to go to the mineral baths at Hot Springs. I think I'm going to have to drag tungtied to them lol. I know T won't have anything to do with pawing through buckets of dirt. And when I told him about Hot Springs he said "I could sit on a bench or something." Great huh? I bet he'd go if there was a Celtics game there! Can you tell we've been together a long time? :D

You let me know when you are planning to do it, and maybe we can get together. :)

I've thought about going to one of those mineral dig sites. I know there are a bunch of them around here. I also want to go to the mineral baths at Hot Springs. I think I'm going to have to drag tungtied to them lol. I know T won't have anything to do with pawing through buckets of dirt. And when I told him about Hot Springs he said "I could sit on a bench or something." Great huh? I bet he'd go if there was a Celtics game there! Can you tell we've been together a long time? :D

I absolutely will let you know!
Most of the mine places close in October because of the weather so it will at least be Spring. I cant wait to meet you, it's been such a long time. I don't blame you if you didnt want to though, youre just too sweet to say it.

I'm glad you guys like it up there. I sometimes imagine you looking out over the mountains with your morning coffee and I am a little envious, just a little. I just miss the place, that's all and it's great to know there are some uber talented poets taking in the beauty and I know you will pop out a zillion poems while youre there.

I expect to see them IN PRINT!!!

Any ghostwriters out there?!! I've got a murder mystery plot (with some sex!) in my head! I wonder if there are any writers who could employ me to think up the plots for them to write?

Definitely not me - have no hand at all with fiction.
(not a very good liar, either - not sure if that's relevant)

Originally Posted by UnderYourSpell View Post
Any ghostwriters out there?!! I've got a murder mystery plot (with some sex!) in my head! I wonder if there are any writers who could employ me to think up the plots for them to write?

~~~~~

Annie, You don't need a ghostwriter, you are plenty talented enough to write a novel. anyone who can master all those forms like you did can do anything.

Thanks poets! I'm excited to have tied pieces together and advanced the plot. I've decided that is the hard part, plowing through all the crap you have to write to make the plot believable and (I hope) interesting (no I never knew that before). And now I get to start a new section, which I've been looking forward to beginning. That'll keep it fun for for the next few days, anyway.

<Sends writing vibes to Remec>

That's good. You're a bit ahead.

Tick tick tick tick tick...

I'm over 12k (just--12010) and I'm writing a few more scenes a bit later: gonna try to hit around 14k. I might even go to a local "write-in" this week. It's at a lounge here known for its champagne and chocolate truffles. I may not be able to resist that. There are 300 plus writers in my little mountain city doing this NaNaWriMo thing. Cool, huh?

You sound like the croc in Peter Pan, ticking at me that way. :D

*bites angie's bum*

Ow! Well I guess I'll be thinking of you today. ;)

Between your av and your "wench" title, I think of Nancy from Oliver Twist every time I see you posting. Lol.

Back to work for me! I hear Tzara ticking.

:kiss:

I'm over 12k (just--12010) and I'm writing a few more scenes a bit later: gonna try to hit around 14k. I might even go to a local "write-in" this week. It's at a lounge here known for its champagne and chocolate truffles. I may not be able to resist that. There are 300 plus writers in my little mountain city doing this NaNaWriMo thing. Cool, huh?

You sound like the croc in Peter Pan, ticking at me that way. :D

Ow! Well I guess I'll be thinking of you today. ;)

Between your av and your "wench" title, I think of Nancy from Oliver Twist every time I see you posting. Lol.

Back to work for me! I hear Tzara ticking.

:kiss:

hehehe - more a nibble than a chomp just to make sure you're doing the do. sounds as if you're wonderfully prolific! to me anyway, but then i only mess wid de poittry. and yeah, it is a bit Nancy, but i ain't gonna sing and i do so hope i don't get muddurd. :eek:

Back