The "Let's All Nag Angeline to Finish NaNoWriNo" Thread

i am filled with admiration for your turnover, angie! mr tzara sounds like a stern but cool teacher *fans self*

Tzara, my dear poet, you are really helping with your nagging. A lot. I prefer chip's cheering lol but I love your reality checks.
It's called Tough Love. Or maybe Jerk Love. Or maybe just Nagging.

Did you know that it's a proven fact that men like being nagged? If they didn't they would do it the first time of asking

25,584. I have passed the halfway mark.

we are not worthy! bloody fantastic, ang, but it's not the time to rest on your laurels. take a deep breath, crack yer knuckles and keep ploughing forward so as not to lose momentum!

we are not worthy! bloody fantastic, ang, but it's not the time to rest on your laurels. take a deep breath, crack yer knuckles and keep ploughing forward so as not to lose momentum!

I'm taking a break this afternoon. I wrote a lot (for me) last night. I'm going to try to crack 27k tonight though.

It is humbling to look through the forums at NaNo. Sure there are plenty of people who've written less than I have at this point, but there are also plenty close to (or past!) the 50k mark. But I really like that my little NanNo completion bar in my stats is more than halfway there. Ok, just a little more but still....

Three days early. That's excellent.

Doesn't mean you should lose focus, though. You are still only halfway. :cool:

26,577 and I need another break. We have leftover meatloaf for dinner (boring but good), so I'm not cooking tonight (yes eyez can and does cook, but I actually find cooking relaxing so I'm usually the one who does it). I've been rereading Stephen King's On Writing, so mebbe I'll break for a while with that. I really want to hit 27k before I stop today. Also I have one more scene to write before I finish the current chapter. Knowing I can move on is motivational. :D

whoot whoot! passes round the party poppers! :D

<Too pooped to pop>

:rose:

Poppers? You're a drug dealer too? Wh00t indeed! :D

I know - like joints.....

Well done Ange - you deserve a meatloaf break with a Stephen King dessert.

tut tut badddddd girl twice in one week this is becoming a habit, don't you have party poppers? a little cardboard tube with a string that you pull and it goes off bang and streamers shoot out

tut tut badddddd girl twice in one week this is becoming a habit, don't you have party poppers? a little cardboard tube with a string that you pull and it goes off bang and streamers shoot out

Been a long time - my son now much prefers real fireworks, but may be somewhat outgrowing that too.

I'm taking a break this afternoon. I wrote a lot (for me) last night. I'm going to try to crack 27k tonight though.

It is humbling to look through the forums at NaNo. Sure there are plenty of people who've written less than I have at this point, but there are also plenty close to (or past!) the 50k mark. But I really like that my little NanNo completion bar in my stats is more than halfway there. Ok, just a little more but still....

Is what you are writing now, the one you mentioned in another thread? the one about the detention center? just curious....

Is what you are writing now, the one you mentioned in another thread? the one about the detention center? just curious....

Yes it is. :)

Late Breaking News:

Today's Stats

Suggested Daily Word Count: 1,667
Words Written: 3,295
Words to Write until 1,667: 0

Cumulative Word CountTotal 30,541
Current Day 13

Suggested Cumulative Word Count: 21,667
Words to Write Until 21,667: 0
Average Words per Day: 2,350
At This Rate You Will Finish On: Nov 22
Days Remaining: 17

Total Words Remaining: 19,459
Words per Day to Finish on Time: 1,145

Yay! And I love the scene I just wrote!

I'm #4 in my whole region! You know 4? We try harder. :D

Last edited:

Late Breaking News:

Today's Stats

Current Day 13

You make me smile. :heart:

You know me. I love a good word. :heart:

Before Poet Chick, I was Word Slut. Remember? :D

I remember. I remember thinking about this geeky chick calling herself a slut and laughing. Never seen her anywhere close to acting out that accolade. Geeky chick with grace and tact and love enough for those that deserve it and no few that don't. That and she had a hot way with words.

Late Breaking News:

Today's Stats

Current Day 13

Is there any murder in it I love a good murder?

I remember. I remember thinking about this geeky chick calling herself a slut and laughing. Never seen her anywhere close to acting out that accolade. Geeky chick with grace and tact and love enough for those that deserve it and no few that don't. That and she had a hot way with words.

My dad used to call me a geek. But that was when it meant one who bites heads off chickens, like at a carnival so it was insulting.

Anyway what can I say--my slutiness is cerebral.

Is there any murder in it I love a good murder?

There is death. Does death count? :D

Sunday Muse

Well here it is Sunday and I'm almost halfway through the contest. Fourteen days. This monring I'm at 31,981 so it's reasonable to assume I'll be at the two-thirds mark for the contest in a day or two. I so want that t-shirt!

Amazingly (to me) it's getting easier to write, not harder. The more the characters have become real the easier it becomes to imagine what they'd do or say in a given situation. And the outline, though I've deviated from it here and there, is holding up and is my bff. :D

One thing I'm finding is that some characters who I thought would be minor at best have taken on lives of their own and insisted their way into bigger parts. And a few, who I thought would play a big role, still seem flat to me. They've become less important.

I'm one or two scenes away (iow a day at most) from finishing the first section. There will be three sections in the novel, so I'm thinking the draft will end up between 90-100k. I'll be well into the second section when I finish this contest. When I finish (I will finish), I'll go back and read all I have and decide if I want to keep going, if it's good enough. But I think I will. It'll need big work but I knew it would when I started this.

So what should I do if I finish (the draft, not the contest)? I know I should edit it, but if I think it's good, what's a next step? Self publish? Send it somewhere? Try to find an agent to read it? I know some of you have been down that road. Suggestions?

Oh and thanks again for being the bestest, naggiest poets ever. The poetry forum has been berry berry good to me. :kiss:

Congrats on your progress so far.
I'm sure there are suitable venues for publishing fiction these days, but I'm not up on them.

Back