The Plot Hole Spackle Thread

If you want to keep giving me advice, on the first one I meant the 18 year olds should have the run of their houses on an extended basis, not just one weekend or something.
Parent gets job elsewhere, it's a great opportunity, kid is 18 and in high school/college so they stay in the hometown.

I had to take a sabbatical from my story due to health reasons, I'm looking to get started again. Still not sure I can pull off the CFNM thing. I was going to sum what I'm going for but it's been so long since I started this thread that I forgot I already did:

It's a story where a guy is in an intense tease and denial situation against his will by his four stepsisters and he can't get out of it because of financial blackmail. I've been trying for an interesting thing where they don't really seem to realise what they're doing to him because all four of them are completely barking mad. And I'm trying to give a method to their madness, I want the reader to think "these girls are all fucking crazy but I can see why it would all make perfect sense to them." They're trying to save his soul from hell for the sin of self abuse.

I already have them living in a house out in the middle of nowhere for most of their lives so they're already used to isolation and only having each other for company. Meiko, the mommy domme, has taken control over Charlie's, the male viewpoint characters wardrobe, even insisting on dressing him.

I was going to have her say "those clothes you're wearing are the best of what you have and they're still pretty bad. I've burned all the other ones in the incinerator we have round back, I'll have new ones here by express delivery tommorow, I'm doing the laundry today so take off those clothes and give them to me. I'll have them back to you in no time."

Then she accidentally ruins his clothes in the wash and she's really apologetic and says not to worry, the new ones will be here first thing tommorow. And the others say "You haven't been keeping up with the news have you Meiko? There's a major industrial dispute going on right now." And it turns out that on that very day trade talks broke down, all the delivery guys might be striking for months and all deliveries are cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Is this remotely plausible? I should add that the nearest village to them is 10-15 miles away, they get their food from there but there's no clothing shops. Admittedly this isn't supposed to be entirely serious, the reader is supposed to think "for fucks sake, has the universe itself decided to conspire against this poor bastard?", but am I straining the willful suspension of disbelief too much? I'm reluctant to drop the CFNM thing because I got specific requests for it in the comments. Plus it would add another reason why he just doesn't tell them all to fuck off and just walk out of there.

I've seen a few isolated instances where people ask for help with their story, but I think we should have a general thread so everybody can chime in and help everybody else. I'll start:

Firstly, I need a bullshit excuse for two 18 year olds to basically have the run of their homes, with the parents being almost entirely absent.

Secondly, to set up a CFNM scenario, is there any believable way possible somebody could accidentally put the wrong thing into a washing machine and completely ruin the clothing? I'm not just talking about faded or changed colours here, I mean they're literally falling apart?
Their parents are dentists and there is a dentistry conference.

I've seen a few isolated instances where people ask for help with their story, but I think we should have a general thread so everybody can chime in and help everybody else. I'll start:

Firstly, I need a bullshit excuse for two 18 year olds to basically have the run of their homes, with the parents being almost entirely absent.

Secondly, to set up a CFNM scenario, is there any believable way possible somebody could accidentally put the wrong thing into a washing machine and completely ruin the clothing? I'm not just talking about faded or changed colours here, I mean they're literally falling apart?
My college girlfriend did my laundry. 100% wool shirt went into the dryer. Went from an adult large to a child’s small.

If it's just a few weeks or less, that's very easy. For my Nude Day story, for example, I just had the parents go on a "second honeymoon"/20th anniversary trip to $exoticLocation. If you include a scene where they all say goodbye and parents repeat for the 37343721th time not to feed the cat after midnight, it will be more than enough to make it seem realistic.

Longer than that, and particularly on a permanent basis? That's tough without introducing unfortunate or adversarial elements (orphans, early emancipation, etc.).

Longer than that, and particularly on a permanent basis? That's tough without introducing unfortunate or adversarial elements (orphans, early emancipation, etc.).

Not really. 18 year olds are legal adults after all. That's on-time emancipation. No unfortunate event needed, they just got a job and moved out, or moved to another city to continue their education.

Not really. 18 year olds are legal adults after all. That's on-time emancipation. No unfortunate event needed, they just got a job and moved out, or moved to another city to continue their education.
I sort of assumed that "of their homes" means "of their respective family homes that they grew up in." Being adults, they can of course move out, but then it'd would be odd to specifically mention parents being absent.

^
Spoiled brats over worked and rich Parents. Too rich to care about their Kids lovely hood

Great Idea for a thread.

I sort of assumed that "of their homes" means "of their respective family homes that they grew up in."
I thought the same, but that suggests that the parent's absence is temporary. Otherwise, either an unfortunate event, or they got rich and gave the house to the kid and moved somewhere else.

The "two teenagers with the run of their houses" was a story I was thinking about writing about two completely unrelated teens, with a dominant girl seducing a naive innocent boy. (As you've probably guessed, I'm into femdom). It's not the same story as the CFNM one either.

And by all means, feel free to share the problems you might be having with your stories. I started this thread because I thought it would help if we could all come together to help each other with our stories, but so far @Kumquatqueen is the only one to share their problems.

This is a true occurrence. Friends of ours who are in their late 50s moved from Victoria to Queensland to look after the husband's parents. They had a farm, but both were badly injured in a car accident. They left their 19 and 17 yo sons at home as the older was doing a plumbing apprenticeship, and the other was halfway through his last year of high school. They are sensible kids, and we all kept an eye on them, but that doesn't mean things happened no one else knew about.

I did get some very helpful feedback on my musician issue, thanks to this thread.

I have to admit I'm surprised by so many respondents thinking that some 18yos left alone is a big issue that needs some big explanation - they're adults, parents have lives, there's finally no legal impediment to leaving the kids - why *wouldn't* the parents take up any opportunities to go away for some weeks?

Generally I don't need much factual plotting - the key questions are all about the emotions and how X gets from defensive and not wanting a relationship, to conceding they may be in one. Or admitting to themselves they actually do want some casual sex, no matter how they were raised not to do that. Etc.

Dammit, I've run into a mental block and I haven't written a chapter in months. Forget the 18 year old thing, i'm stuck on the CFNM thing. I got specific requests for it in the comments and I kind of implied I'd put it in. Can this be made remotely believable? If I left it out now I'd feel like an asshole and have to apologise in the comments.

For the home alone 18 year olds: make it summer. If both parents work and college doesn't go into session until fall, the 18 year olds will be home alone more days than not. Bonus points if they've been left a chore list or a reminder to pack for college.

If they're still supposed to be in highschool, have the parents go out of state for a funeral of a relative that was important but the kids never met/weren't old enough to remember when they did. In this scenario the family has a cat or dog that needs watching while the parents are gone for a week. If it lines up with Thanksgiving or spring break the teens won't have school.

As for putting the wrong thing in the wash: Cheap clothes from temu or wish are notorious for falling apart after only a few washes. It's not an immediate thing but the clothes break down over time.

If you just want a hole in a woman's panties/leggings, give her long nails. I say this as a girl with long nails, the scratching people do in their sleep will absolutely make a hole in most women's undergarments. The material is always way thinner than men's which is exactly why I switched to size small men's underwear.

Dryer fire. Clogged air duct. Even if the characters put the fire out it could scorch everything inside.

Back