The Purpose of Sex

So what I have gleaned from this thread:

1. Thank you for starting this post. It has been inspired and speaks to me.

2. @Tattlebaby - by looking at some of you other posts on other threads - you are clearly compensating for something. I don’t know what, but name calling and making fun of people for their opinions is quite juvenile. Your comments are boring, and you have become trivial to those who are intellectuals. Please be on your way as we all have pity on you.

That's not sex then, that's hanging out together.
If two (or more) people hang out mostly naked and one (or more) of them orgasms, it is usually called sex. No matter if there was any fucking involved or not.

Everyone learns from ground zero. How do you know if it's good or not?
Ah, I meant as adults who already have some experience. And while you’re learning each other from ground zero when first starting a new sexual relationship, hopefully you both have learned to listen to each other and each other’s bodies. Different perhaps from the impetuous urge to just fuck when young.

Early in my marriage I had some reproductive issues. Penetrative sex was very difficult and often painful.
I had a hysterectomy at 35 and sex got better.
My ex, however, equated it to a need when he hadn't cum in a day or two or three.
So sex became about him cumming.
After we separated, I had a few sexual encounters that were dreamlike and didn't end with an orgasm.

I learned it was all about the journey and not the final destination.

Sometimes it's not easy to convince a new partner that it is not a disaster when we don't orgasm.
The time spent wrapped in intimacy is the best.

I'd like to believe that passionate older and more mature men enjoy the ACT of sex over the orgasm that finishes it. I believe that it's pleasure we seek, primal and carnal love, with all the human signals our bodies secrete that stimulate all our senses to a higher level of intimacy. The kissing, touching, joining our bodies together, the wetness and the sexual erotica that makes God's physical design such a blessing to share.

I'd like to believe that passionate older and more mature men enjoy the ACT of sex over the orgasm that finishes it. I believe that it's pleasure we seek, primal and carnal love, with all the human signals our bodies secrete that stimulate all our senses to a higher level of intimacy...
Who says the orgasm finishes it?

I like sex. All aspects of it. Sometimes the foreplay can be just as exciting as the "finish" as someone put it. However, I want the orgasm. All the cuddles and kisses are great, but I need the orgasm. I crave it and want it. It's a huge stress release. I'm not saying you shouldn't take your time and enjoy each other. I'm just saying that one should strive for the happy ending for both.

I like sex. All aspects of it. Sometimes the foreplay can be just as exciting as the "finish" as someone put it. However, I want the orgasm. All the cuddles and kisses are great, but I need the orgasm. I crave it and want it. It's a huge stress release. I'm not saying you shouldn't take your time and enjoy each other. I'm just saying that one should strive for the happy ending for both.
We can all agree on that. But, not all men are working towards our orgasm. If the orgasm is all men want they can just masturbate... and many in "dead bed" relationships only have that. Younger guys can't always control their orgasms... they just show off their manhood and squirt without much effort. I think if you're both going in just focused on the orgasm it can be truly disappointing. He may cum faster than you... then what? Depending on his bedroom etiquette he may not go in for the extra oral or the determined fingering to help get you off. He may be insensitive and out for the count.

Or.. what if he is struggling with ED issues? Right in the middle he's run out of steam and stiffness... if you aren't focused on the orgasm... the enjoyment can still be in the kissing and hugs and touching and body contact.

Striving for the LOVE MAKING and FUCKING is far better and it doesn't end up being a disappointment.

Yes, that was a general blanketed statement. Statistically, when a man cums it's over... unless he has a quick reloading ability. 💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦🍆
To me, sex is about so much more than Penis In Vagina penetration and orgasm. All the things you mentioned, etc.
The aftercare. Post coital closeness, snuggling, talking, etc. (Even cleaning up everything that was spilled, and got knocked over. :) )
Maybe I'm the odd duck, but there's so much more that happens after we're 'done'. That is worth as much (or more) to me than just 'getting off'...

We can all agree on that. But, not all men are working towards our orgasm. If the orgasm is all men want they can just masturbate... and many in "dead bed" relationships only have that. Younger guys can't always control their orgasms... they just show off their manhood and squirt without much effort. I think if you're both going in just focused on the orgasm it can be truly disappointing. He may cum faster than you... then what? Depending on his bedroom etiquette he may not go in for the extra oral or the determined fingering to help get you off. He may be insensitive and out for the count.

Or.. what if he is struggling with ED issues? Right in the middle he's run out of steam and stiffness... if you aren't focused on the orgasm... the enjoyment can still be in the kissing and hugs and touching and body contact.

Striving for the LOVE MAKING and FUCKING is far better and it doesn't end up being a disappointment.
I always get to know my lovers before I fuck them. I think that's important. I don't think it's just about sex either. It's about a connection. There are ways around ED and things. Sex toys, etc. I think if you're having sex with strangers, that could be an issue.

Back