The Sonya Massey murder by Deputy Sean Grayson

In the 20s and 30s the mobs were armed with machineguns.:rolleyes:
If you say so, Grampa. Nevertheless, the cops didn't see the need for heavy body armor and large capacity pistols until the 97 Hollywood shoot out. They started uparmoring after that and changed to an "us vs them" "thin blue line bullshit" mantra post-9/11. Erryone not an LEO was teh enemy.

The turning point in American Police History occurred on February 28, 1977 during the North Hollywood Shootout.
Police showed up for a bank robbery to face two heavily armed, heavily armored bank robbers.
The police were clearly outmatched…
In the 20s and 30s the mobs were armed with machineguns.:rolleyes:

Thank you to both these members!

These 2 posts are as strong a call for high grade, high caliber military weapons to be off the streets and off limits to the civilian citizenry as I’ve seen here on the PB.

Thanks again to you both. 😘

this story reminds me of "the wrath of becky" except the racist cop is going to jail. becky killed all of hers.

If you say so, Grampa. Nevertheless, the cops didn't see the need for heavy body armor and large capacity pistols until the 97 Hollywood shoot out. They started uparmoring after that and changed to an "us vs them" "thin blue line bullshit" mantra post-9/11. Erryone not an LEO was teh enemy.
That's BS. The only reason why there was no demand for body armor in the 20s and 30s is because such armor technology didn't exist. There isn't much today that would be practical for police that could stop .30-06 rounds fired by mobsters armed with BARs like Bonnie and Clyde or even high powered hunting rifle calibers. Don't forget the police had access to fully automatic weapons in the 20s and 30s as well. Sheriff Steve Hinton was armed with a fully automatic Colt R80 Monitor (a modifed M1918 BAR) when he and Frank Hamer (Remington Model 8 semi-authomatic .30-06 w/20 round mag) and four others blew Bonnie and Clyde to Kingdom Come.

That's BS. The only reason why there was no demand for body armor in the 20s and 30s is because such armor technology didn't exist. There isn't much today that would be practical for police that could stop .30-06 rounds fired by mobsters armed with BARs like Bonnie and Clyde or even high powered hunting rifle calibers. Don't forget the police had access to fully automatic weapons in the 20s and 30s as well. Sheriff Steve Hinton was armed with a fully automatic Colt R80 Monitor (a modifed M1918 BAR) when he and Frank Hamer (Remington Model 8 semi-authomatic .30-06 w/20 round mag) and four others blew Bonnie and Clyde to Kingdom Come.

Did I mention how bad you are at this? No? Lol. Stay in your lane, gramps. Start crappy threads, don’t give your replies to any.

I'm sure there were others, but the first anti-government action I recall hearing about more or less as it happened involved Gordon Kahl.

That's BS. The only reason why there was no demand for body armor in the 20s and 30s is because such armor technology didn't exist.

I respectfully disagree.
Since the beginning of time there’s been a response in protection from an upgrade in weaponry.

IMG_1400.jpegCirca 1920’s.

IMG_1399.jpeg

IMG_1403.jpeg

Wrong!!

The cops began to transition to semiautomatic pistols during the 1970s then into the 1980s. The very detailed data on homicides of police officers compiled by the FBI documents the fact that very few police officers were being killed with semiautomatic pistols until after the police transitioned to semiautomatic pistols themselves.

Also, the number of police being killed in shootings was declining rapidly during the 1980s and 1990s. The number has remained about the same on average ever since. The officers killed in 9-11 attacks as well as those killed during the BLM ambushes incited by Obama were aberrations.

Wrong!!

The cops began to transition to semiautomatic pistols during the 1970s then into the 1980s. The very detailed data on homicides of police officers compiled by the FBI documents the fact that very few police officers were being killed with semiautomatic pistols until after the police transitioned to semiautomatic pistols themselves.

Also, the number of police being killed in shootings was declining rapidly during the 1980s and 1990s. The number has remained about the same on average ever since. The officers killed in 9-11 attacks as well as those killed during the BLM ambushes incited by Obama were aberrations.

You play fast and loose with facts and details.
You fit right in with the rest of the yahoo conservatives here but I got high hopes you will eventually distinguish yourself from the pack.

You fit right in with the rest of the yahoo conservatives here but I got high hopes you will eventually distinguish yourself from the pack.
How am I playing fast and loose with the facts. Cite credible sources to support your assertions or just STFU.

There's a reason for that

Not new

I see Clint was shot with a 'seven' shooter revolver! Never noticed that until now. :)
Actually; Clint was shot with a lever action carbine. I don't recall if the caliber was mentioned in the movie. It was probably a .45 Long Colt.

My late father in law was a sheriff's deputy. He was effectively the local SWAT officer. He habitually carried a Thompson submachinegun in his patrol car.

I see Clint was shot with a 'seven' shooter revolver! Never noticed that until now. :)
Yes, twas a seven shooter. most likely a 44-40 (or by other monikers a 44 Winchester or 44 WCF) 'cause Indio was using a rifle. For those uninitiated in firearms, back in that era of the old West many carried a pistol and a rifle both chambered for the 44-40. Much easier when you're riding around on a horse to carry one kind of ammo.

The problem I have with that scene is Clit is seen looking at the metal door of a wood stove before this. But if you look closely at it, that is a piece of plate steel. Where did it come from? It can't be the stove door because they were made from cast iron and were very brittle. They would shatter on the impact of a bullet much less seven of them. And the location of where he wore the plate is a long way from covering his heart, which is what Indio was aiming for.
"The heart, shoot for the heart." was Clit's line just prior to this scene.
Actually; Clint was shot with a lever action carbine. I don't recall if the caliber was mentioned in the movie. It was probably a .45 Long Colt.
See history lesson above.

Comshaw

Aside from the fact he'd have been knocked on his ass with broken ribs and barely able to breathe.

Ned Kelly's armor, survived 18 bullet strikes (including rifles) from law enforcement in 1880.

NedKellyArmour.jpg

Back