The unvarnished truth - politics and economic factors shaping the US and the world

I meant the good of healthcare and workers rights and also their automobiles. All the innovation I have seen in small automobiles is from Europe. Here is a good example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34r1xtbh_1k

Something does have to be done about healthcare. How about giving everyone a tax break (tying it to the individual instead of companies) and letting them buy their own insurance so that there's lots of motivation for innovation AND people get to make their own decisions. What about allowing cross-state competition to make sure there are lots of good choices? Why are we so ready to put it all in the hands of bureaucrats? The current healthcare bill is a recipe for disaster.

So do I. Better still, I wish most of our transportation needs could be met by electric- (ultimately nuclear-) powered trains, rather than petroleum-powered automobiles. (I don't see much potential for electric- or hydrogen-powered automobiles.)

Trains are great for places like Europe that are small and compact and have city centers. Here we're just too spread out. We need individual transportation, some sort of car-like conveyance. Have you spent much time in LA? It's so spread out that mass transit is terribly difficult. If we're going to do some sort of mass transit thing, then lets concentrate on building electric-powered monorails that ride up above and then augment it with local transport.

No, it would be an expenditure of our natural resources, not an investment in them.

It would give us more control of our own destiny and leave us less dependent on other nations.

The dem plan is no drilling, no refineries and "investment" in illusury "fantasy" approaches that sound good but technologically can't deliver the energy we need. It's a plan that is "banking" on hope where "hope" is all there is without a solid and practical plan. Again, failure of leadership, a hallmark of democrats. Just another way for dems to bankrupt us.

Trains are great for places like Europe that are small and compact and have city centers. Here we're just too spread out. We need individual transportation, some sort of car-like conveyance. Have you spent much time in LA? It's so spread out that mass transit is terribly difficult. If we're going to do some sort of mass transit thing, then lets concentrate on building electric-powered monorails that ride up above and then augment it with local transport.

Disagree somewhat. We had trains, they were working. Then Ike decided he needed an Interstate to get Forts Riley and Leavenworth to the coasts in a hurry.

Then the American Automobile killed the American Railroad.

3:10 to Yuma...

Something does have to be done about healthcare. How about giving everyone a tax break (tying it to the individual instead of companies) and letting them buy their own insurance so that there's lots of motivation for innovation AND people get to make their own decisions. What about allowing cross-state competition to make sure there are lots of good choices? Why are we so ready to put it all in the hands of bureaucrats? The current healthcare bill is a recipe for disaster.

The Progressives know this.

Cloward-Piven

Disagree somewhat. We had trains, they were working. Then Ike decided he needed an Interstate to get Forts Riley and Leavenworth to the coasts in a hurry.

Then the American Automobile killed the American Railroad.

3:10 to Yuma...

We need monorails. They ride above the traffic, are quiet and simple to build.

We need monorails. They ride above the traffic, are quiet and simple to build.

Advantages and Disadvantages:

Advantages

* The primary advantage of monorails over conventional rail systems is that they require minimal space, both horizontally and vertically. Monorail vehicles are wider than the beam, and monorail systems are commonly elevated, requiring only a minimal footprint for support pillars.

* A monorail track is usually less expensive to build than a comparable elevated conventional rail line of equal capacity.

* Due to a smaller footprint they are seen as more attractive than conventional elevated rail lines and block only a minimal amount of sky.

* Monorail is, by design, a grade-separated system. They do not interfere with existing transport modes.

* They are quieter, as modern monorails use rubber wheels on a concrete track (though some non-monorail subway systems, like certain lines of the Paris MĂ©tro and all of the Montreal metro and Mexico City metro, use the same technique and are equally quiet)

* Unlike conventional rail systems, straddle monorails wrap around their track and are thus not physically capable of derailing, unless the track itself suffers a catastrophic failure.

* Rubber-tired monorails are typically designed to cope with 6% grade.[10]

Disadvantages

* Monorail vehicles are not compatible with any other type of rail infrastructure, which makes (for example) through services onto mainline tracks impossible.

* Monorail tracks do not easily accommodate at-grade intersections.

* In an emergency, passengers may not be able to immediately exit because an elevated monorail vehicle is high above ground and not all systems have emergency walkways. The passengers must sometimes wait until a rescue train, fire engine or a cherry picker comes to the rescue. Newer monorail systems resolve this by building emergency walkways alongside the entire track, at the expense of visual intrusion. Suspended railways resolve this by building aircraft-style evacuation slides into the vehicles. Japanese systems use the next train to tow broken down trains to the next station, but this has yet to occur.[citation needed]

* Turnouts, especially at high speeds, may be marginally more difficult compared to conventional railway points, although certainly not impossible.

* Monorail infrastructure and vehicles are often made by separate manufacturers, with different manufacturers using incompatible designs.

It's all part of the Alinsky strategy. Let's see if the voters start butt fucking the Democrats this Tuesday.

I only know Alinsky's book through David Sirota's explanations/applications of it in his The Uprising: An Authorized Tour of the Populist Revolt Scaring Wall Street and Washington -- but, based on that, no, Alinsky's strategy (and Sirota's, for that matter) plays no perceptible role in the Democratic Party's strategic thinking in 2008 or since. In fact, this is almost as dumb as invoking "Cloward-Piven."

I only know Alinsky's book through David Sirota's explanations/applications of it in his The Uprising: An Authorized Tour of the Populist Revolt Scaring Wall Street and Washington -- but, based on that, no, Alinsky's strategy (and Sirota's, for that matter) plays no perceptible role in the Democratic Party's strategic thinking in 2008 or since. In fact, this is almost as dumb as invoking "Cloward-Piven."

I HAVE his book...

I guess that's the difference between the right and the left; we research both sides...

And that makes your post there DOUBLY dumbass. Sorry. If you've read "The Fountainhead" then you will be able to see how the modern Democrat Party is following the Alinksky model...

If you look at the victories and failures of the civil rights movement and its litigation strategy in the court. I think where it succeeded was to invest formal rights in previously dispossessed people, so that now I would have the right to vote. I would now be able to sit at the lunch counter and order as long as I could pay for it I’d be o.k. But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society.

To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as its been interpreted and Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf, and that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was, um, because the civil rights movement became so court focused
I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that. …

I’m not optimistic about bringing about major redistributive change through the courts. You know, the institution just isn’t structured that way.

Barack Hussein Obama
2001 Radio Interview

I HAVE his book...

I guess that's the difference between the right and the left; we research both sides...

And that makes your post there DOUBLY dumbass. Sorry. If you've read "The Fountainhead" then you will be able to see how the modern Democrat Party is following the Alinksky model...

Still pushing that tired old bullshit Cap'n? :cool:

STILL not replying with fact, just ad Hominen and snark...

What did your reading of Alinsky impart to you?
Political Realists see the world as it is: ... In this world laws are written for the lofty aim of "the common good" and then acted out in life on the basis of common greed...; a world where we are always moral and our enemies always immoral; a world where "reconciliation" means that when one side gets the power and the other side gets reconciled to it, then we have reconciliation.... In the world as it is, the solution of each problem inevitably creates a new one.
Saul David Alinsky
Rules for Radicals

Which path are we going to take? Lets take the path consistent with our Constitution and our legacy freedom, liberty, creativity and innovation in a business-friendly environment. Dump the current lunatics in Washington and vote Republican.

Just another trite, biased, partisan C&P by RightField.

And far, far too long.

Which path are we going to take? Lets take the path consistent with our Constitution and our legacy freedom, liberty, creativity and innovation in a business-friendly environment. Dump the current lunatics in Washington and vote Republican.

Freedom?

Where were the Republicans on freedom during the Terry Schiavo case? Oh yeah, they were calling a special session of congress during a recess, just to try to override a perfectly legal living will. They pretty much said "fuck it" to freedom, no?

Where are the Republicans on freedom to marry who we want? Their homophobic, biggoted mindset says "fuck it" to freedom once again!

Freedom for a woman to terminate her early stage pregnancy? Nope, no freedom there either.

Peeing in my gf?...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay here's something for ya...

My girlfriend is a fantastic woman... We have a great sex life and have sex probably about 8-10 times per week. Here's the thing though... she gets wet easily enough, but sometimes after we're having sex for a while, she tends to get a little dry, and that's not good for anyone. One time when she started to get dry, so we paused for a minute and kissed passionately while I passed a little bit of urine into her vagina without telling her. She thought that her wetness had just returned (from the kissing I guess) so we resumed and everything was great. Since then I have peed in her a few dozen times without her knowing. She just thinks she's getting super wet!

I dont like keeping things from her though but I'm afraid she might get upset if I tell her.

Yeah we could just use lube (we have some) but the thing is, it's REALLY turning me on to do this...

Advice?.
are you still at this?:confused:

Remove user from ignore listbusybody
This message is hidden because busybody is on your ignore list.

Back