Time to CROW!

I was going to post a witty response to the prospect of team match ups in something or other, then I noticed our dear hostess redundant with auntie and I forgot why I was typing (drool).

-FF' (I think I'll become a beach bum in California, someday, somewhere, maybe I'll be blessed with this divine sight in the flesh - me, I'll be the one with the goosebumps, slobbering all over my beard, scaring the little kiddies, or getting bashed by Math's eloquent one liners)
ps. Hefner must be going out of his mind trying to find you two - that picture would set a sales record for playboy.

OK, I'll go back to being the staid and stoic type. Waiting for the batter to step into the box at Turner Stadium so I can become a normal American bezerk baseball fan.

-FF' (still can't get that gleam out of my eye when I see Math and her auntie)

There is a chatelain to my heart,
She carries my secret door's key,
With it she brings me joy to banish my fears
To calm me and make my heart still.

ps. Batter up!

Originally posted by perdita Eff, please stop drooling, very unappealing.
Dear Perdita,
The combination of salivation and BS is quite underwhelming.
MG
Ps. That picture was took in the Carriib.... Kawrib... at Aruba.
Pps. Better change the AV back to Cheeky so Eff can chill.

Last edited:
MathGirl said:
Dear Perdita,
The combination of salivation and BS is quite underwhelming.
MG
Ps. That picture was took in the Carriib.... Kawrib... at Aruba.
Pps. Better change the AV back to Cheeky so Eff can chill.

While I definitely fall into Eff's camp when it comes to a normal reaction to the 'Auntie & MG' AV, I appreciate MG's attemt to keep the discussion from getting too far away from the original subject.

Remember, Kids, Sex is a year round sport. Baseball playoffs are only once a year. CUBs in The Baseball Playoffs are significantly less often.

OnD

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=chc

Be still, my beating heart, I loves ya, Maths, no matter what face you put on it.

Ah, well, I guess I'll just wait for the game tonight. The Braves and the Cubbies start at 8:00pm (ain't prime time wonderful?)course that's beddie-bye time for some of the folks on the west coast.

San Francisco starts in a couple of hours (1:00 on the west coast, 4:00 over here by the Atlantic).

I do wish they hadn't removed the win-loss stats for the starting pitchers, I know it's postseason, but performance during the season gives us a feel for how the pitchers might feel the pressure today. (wonder if there is any correlation to their performance post-game?)

OK, today's picks, Giants and Braves to win.

-FF' (wait a minute! I want my heart to beat - well you can always pull out the kawibian pic if I need resuscitation, right?)
ps. aruba, isn't that what the horn on a volkswagen sounds like?
pps. dang, I just got it, that's an awful long walk all the way to the islands - have to take a lawyer with me just to get past the sharks, you know, professional courtesy and all that.

ffreak said:

I do wish they hadn't removed the win-loss stats for the starting pitchers, I know it's postseason, but performance during the season gives us a feel for how the pitchers might feel the pressure today. (wonder if there is any correlation to their performance post-game?)

OK, today's picks, Giants and Braves to win.

-FF'

Eff,

Courtesy of the local rag . . .
Twins - Santana (LH) 12-3 3.07 era 169 K's 158 1/3 IP
Yanks - Mussina (RH) 17-8 3.40 era 195 K's 214 2/3 IP
Moose is 20 -2 lifetime vs Twins
Santana was in bullpen early in season and has only two relief appearances against the Yanks, striking out 10 in 5 2/3 scoreless innings.

Marlins - Beckett (RH) 9-8 3.04 era 152 K's 142 IP
Giants - Schmidt (RH) 17-5 2.34 era 208 K's ??

Cubs - Wood (RH) 14-11 3.20 era 266 K's (most in NL) ?? IP
Braves - Ortiz (RH) 21-7 3.81 era

OnD

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=chc

Sorry for not making AL picks, not that you can tell I'm an NL fan or anything.

My picks in the AL for today: Twins and the A's (OK, the A's play the Sox tommorrow - why the offset, I don't know).

Yanks and Twins are already playing and the Twins are leading 2-0. Go Twins!

Sorry, OnD, I just have a rebellious attitude about the Twins, an old and honorable team that the owners wanted to shitcan just because everyone was going to the Mall of America instead of the ballpark - they said it was because the market is too small - serves them right, hope the team makes the most of it.

Apologies to Stephen King, also, I know he's a Red Sox fan, but I'm a California fan.

-FF'

Last edited:
MathGirl, the blue boys were never the same after Walt Alson. And since I've been on the Atlanta coast for the last 15 years, I've been rooting for the Braves. In spite of the fact that I don't like how Bobby Cox treats his wife.

But good for your boys tonight - a shutout, wow.

-FF' (4-1 cubs two on and Sheffield at the plate, c'mon, we need runs!)

Back