Top 5 Lists

Movies:

The Phantom Carriage - It's a silent foreign film from the 20s. It's a cinematic masterpiece. I'm a fan of Chaplin, it was said to be one of his favorites. I caught this gem at a film festival one year and it, too, became one of mine.

Cool Hand Luke or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Sorry, I can't decide. There's no leaving Newman or Redford off this list.

Goodfellas - Liotta, De Niro, enough said. Some movies you never tire of, this and Shawshank are two of them.

Bridesmaids - It's one of my feel good favorites.

The Book Thief - This movie tugged my heart strings in all different directions. Brilliant ending. It was sad and beautiful.

Top 50 would have been easier. Some movies I excluded cause I feel they should be on everyone's list. 😁

Movies:

Cool Hand Luke or Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Sorry, I can't decide. There's no leaving Newman or Redford off this list.

Top 50 would have been easier. Some movies I excluded cause I feel they should be on everyone's list. 😁

I was thinking about The Sting with Redford and Newman. Plus the great music in that movie.

Speaking of great soundtracks, I also love Oh Brother Where Art Thou featuring George Clooney.

Romantic Comedies I'll take As Good As it Gets with Nicholson, Hunt, Gooding Jr. and Greg Kinnear. So funny and so tender.

I think I like nearly every Nicholson movie I've seen, but I'll choose One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest for purposes of this thread.

And then there's Kathy Bates. I think she's fabulous. Misery is my pick for movies featuring her.

I don't know if these are my TOP five, but they come to mind this afternoon. Oh . . and Sideways I watch that at least once a year. That has to be in there somewhere. The banter between Giamatti and Hayden-Church is priceless.

Alright, giving this a shot. In no particular order because THAT would be impossible.

5. Mean Girls - Judge me all you want, Tina Fey is amazing and I never remember being more surprised at how funny I found a movie.
4. Stardust - Follows behind The Princess Bride because it’s just not as sharp, but still funny with an intertwining story.
3. The Princess Bride - ‘Nuff said
2. The Boondock Saints - Love the humor, the vigilante justice, the accents, the action. It’s just good.
1. Wrist cutters - Like Stardust and the Princess Bride, it’s just my kind of weird. A dark love story with entertaining characters. Always had a soft spot in my heart for it.

*This list is by no means correct or comprehensive, just my favorite 5 movies I could think of at this exact moment.

1) dead poets society
2) almost famous
3) midnight in Paris
4) kiss kiss bang bang
5) in Bruges

So many interesting and good lists so far. Almost everyone has a movie I almost used and almost everyone has a movie I now have on a list to see. Hope we get more over the weekend.

Doctor Zhivago
of course

Once Upon a Time in the West
robards, fonda, bronson, incredible score

Night of the Hunter
mitchum, incredible light and shadow play, 'dont he never sleep'

Long, Long Trailer
lucy & desi

Wuthering Heights
heathcliff

giphy.gif

Is Max gesturing to my comment or the Nats season? 😇🤣 Sorry, couldn't resist.

Picking favorites is too hard.

Five Movies I Like:
-------
*Knight And Day
*About Time
*Secret Of Roan Inish
*Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves (1991)
*Robin Hood (2010)

Five Foods That I Didn't Like As A Kid, That I Like Now:

*Tomatoes
*Onions
*Mushrooms
*Spinach
*Alfalfa sprouts

Picking favorites is too hard.

Five Movies I Like:
-------
*Knight And Day
*About Time
*Secret Of Roan Inish
*Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves (1991)
*Robin Hood (2010)

I concur. My top five bands, movies, etc could change by the day. I like the idea though and I didn't hate High Fidelity.

I'm gonna try though... It could change tomorrow.

5) Se7en - People say it doesn't age well, but I don't care. I could watch this every week and not get bored. It might not be David Fincher's finest (it might be though), but it's pretty great. Morgan Freeman gives an almost peak performance.

4) The Godfather Part II, I - I doubt I need to explain this?

3) The Bourne Trilogy (and Jason Bourne) - I could watch these any time and the first three kind of run as one movie for me. It's got action, intrigue, drama. I just really like these movies. Peak Damon? Maybe. Shout to Good Will Hunting and The Departed.

2) Die Hard - I'm kinda like Jake Peralta in this way.

1) The Shawshank Redemption - This is one of the most rewatchable movies for me and it has apex mountain performances from at least two actors. It was one of the very first "real" movies I watched and I'd stop and watch it from any point if I caught it on television.

1) The Shawshank Redemption - This is one of the most rewatchable movies for me and it has apex mountain performances from at least two actors. It was one of the very first "real" movies I watched and I'd stop and watch it from any point if I caught it on television.

Five Movies Set In Prison I Have Seen:

*Shawshank Redemption
*The Green Mile
*Dead Man Walking
*The Rock
*The Last Castle

Bonus!
*Mrs. Soffel - 38yo Diane Keaton getting busy with 28yo Mel Gibson with most of their clothes still on? Hot! :devil:

Hehe :D

The Last Castle is good, too, if you haven't seen it. (Robert Redford! <swoon>)

I have seen everything on your list but the bonus. Also a good movie. Now I'm thinking of all the movies I like that didn't make the list, it's rather lengthy.

Five Morgan Freeman Movies I Have Seen:

*Kiss The Girls
*Moll Flanders
*5 Flights Up
*Invictus
*RED

Ok, I've been a slacker. Spank me.

Let's hear your Top 5 Board Games of all time:

5. Sorry - I can't remember why but I loved this game as a kid.

4. Risk - the games can go on for days and people don't get bored. It's an obsession.

3. Backgammon - a great game of strategy and luck

2. Monopoly - it a classic. It's iconic. It's hard not to love.

1. Clue - Col. Mustard in the Ball Room with the candlestick. Nuff said.

Damn. Might have to redo mine. Forgot about Scattergories, Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble. 🤔

Back