Toy Talk and Review

Tink, vaguely wondering if you posted an update on the Lelo sonic toy.....curious minds and all that. :D

Sona Cruise $100+ but the sona is cheaper at around $70

So, this toy took me a bit to find my learning curve and even now it's different. Really different.
It took me a few tries to find THE SPOT to place it.. and it's really weird at times to just let it sit there and do its thing instead of moving it around a lot, it's pretty passive. Which might be good, but can also seem awkward.
The plus to that is there is no friction, and you don't necessarily need lube for it, so if you're out or something then this is a good option from the drawer.
Something that's different with the Sona is that the toy stimulates the entire clit, not just what's visible but the sonic vibrations hit all parts. And many people aren't familiar with their own anatomy and there's a lot more to it than what you see. :)

The orgasms from this thing are intense, almost too much so depending on my mood, so it's not an always go to toy but it is pretty amazing. I worry that the intensity of it might make other toys seem... meh after a while and I don't want an overdependency on that level of stimulation, but when I want something really intense, it's perfect.
I'm unimpressed with the need for the Cruise model vs. the regular SONA, it lists it as as having an extra burst of power when you press it up against yourself harder, which it does seem to, but I don't know if it's necessary or worth the extra $40-80 (depending on where you shop) I still wouldn't replace my other tots, ever. But this is definitely a fun addition to the toy box. It is waterproof and great fun in the bath, and with a partner too. :)

It is not as quiet as I'd like and I'm pretty sure this is a "not for everyone" kind of toy but if you like intensity and want something different, this might be a good one to ask Santa for. :)

Sona Cruise $100+ but the sona is cheaper at around $70

So, this toy took me a bit to find my learning curve and even now it's different. Really different.
It took me a few tries to find THE SPOT to place it.. and it's really weird at times to just let it sit there and do its thing instead of moving it around a lot, it's pretty passive. Which might be good, but can also seem awkward.
The plus to that is there is no friction, and you don't necessarily need lube for it, so if you're out or something then this is a good option from the drawer.
Something that's different with the Sona is that the toy stimulates the entire clit, not just what's visible but the sonic vibrations hit all parts. And many people aren't familiar with their own anatomy and there's a lot more to it than what you see. :)

The orgasms from this thing are intense, almost too much so depending on my mood, so it's not an always go to toy but it is pretty amazing. I worry that the intensity of it might make other toys seem... meh after a while and I don't want an overdependency on that level of stimulation, but when I want something really intense, it's perfect.
I'm unimpressed with the need for the Cruise model vs. the regular SONA, it lists it as as having an extra burst of power when you press it up against yourself harder, which it does seem to, but I don't know if it's necessary or worth the extra $40-80 (depending on where you shop) I still wouldn't replace my other tots, ever. But this is definitely a fun addition to the toy box. It is waterproof and great fun in the bath, and with a partner too. :)

It is not as quiet as I'd like and I'm pretty sure this is a "not for everyone" kind of toy but if you like intensity and want something different, this might be a good one to ask Santa for. :)

Thanks for the update! :rose:

I think i might want one!

Anyone done any shopping lately?

Funny you should mention...

Alpine and I had, for a while, been looking for a toy that he could somehow 'participate in' when we aren't together (which is basically all the time), and I'd read a number of reviews for a number of months. We also wanted something that could be used for more public play.

The hurdle was that I'm not that big on toys that can only be inserted. I find them awkward to keep in when things get going on my own, and for me, I don't like replicating cock. It's just not a turn on for me. Most of my toys are clitoral or toys that work well for both external and internal use. Much of the long distance toys were one or the other, or had bad reviews.

I finally decided on the Lovense Lush 2 because it seemed the most versatile if I didn't like the way it felt when I wore it. It was $100 direct from the company, and door to door it arrived within 3 days.

The great thing about the Lush 2 is the app. Both Alpine and I have it on our phones - you can opt out of alerts and the like, so it's as private as you want it. Unboxing it, it was a bit bigger than I had thought, but nothing some water-based lube can't help if I'm not there yet myself. We took a little time figuring out the app - the box didn't have great directions, so between the two of us, I think it took 20 minutes to set it up. The app also has a chat/call/video feature, which seems convenient but we haven't used those really. You can use close range mode or long distance mode that works via blue tooth.

The vibrations on low are lovely. The vibrations on high are fucking insane, and not in a bad way. The app lets you create patterns of vibration, use patterns others have created, or have your partner control the vibe from, in this case, 3400 miles away, as they wish. Oh the look of joy on Alpine's face when he saw that he could control what I was feeling.

Externally....yeah. This worked. Two available thumbs up because it stayed in place without my hands. It is, in my opinion, a bit on the loud side. Internally, it's quiet. The biggest downside is keeping it in, because as the vibrations get stronger, the reaction (at least the one I have) pushes it out a bit. I just file this under muscle work. I couldn't really feel it when it was being worn but not "on", which makes me believe that public play will be a lot of fun. I don't think I would use it in a quiet place, but a bar or louder coffee shop, it would be fine. We have not yet had the chance to play with it this way, so I cannot attest to that.

Long story short, in the few days we've had it, it's been amazing fun - not just physically, but it really does feel like you can share some pleasure with your partner from far away. That feels more intimate to me. The public play aspect is great and I'd think the only limit there is your imagination (and possibly some laws if you can't control yourself...).

I know I recommend the Lush. He can chime in if he wants.

Review: fucking amazing. Both in terms of quality of the vibration, the quality of the product (heavy, quality metal), beautiful piece of jewelry, good engraving, and I very much liked wearing it the next day.

FWIW this continues to be one of my favorite toys. I get compliments on it as jewelry, and fuck it's powerful. I love that I'm wearing something we can use together so openly. I highly recommend the Vesper as a great gift. Follow Crave on Instagram because they often have good discounts.

Anyone done any shopping lately?

Nope.

Buuuuut, I did make a purchase about a year ago. Which we talked about, I do believe. More in the nature of…errr, exercise than toy, perhaps. But, hey, it's on the thread so it counts!

Says the woman who never owned a toy before Lit and will never catch up. :p

So. Bought. Started. Got sidetracked. Thinking I might start again. I'll post my original experience when I work up the nerve. So, you know. Six months.

I kid, I kid!

Within…a week?

Hopefully?

Eesh. This public stuff just kills me. :eek:

Nope.

Buuuuut, I did make a purchase about a year ago. Which we talked about, I do believe. More in the nature of…errr, exercise than toy, perhaps. But, hey, it's on the thread so it counts!

Says the woman who never owned a toy before Lit and will never catch up. :p

So. Bought. Started. Got sidetracked. Thinking I might start again. I'll post my original experience when I work up the nerve. So, you know. Six months.

I kid, I kid!

Within…a week?

Hopefully?

Eesh. This public stuff just kills me. :eek:

Good for you! I’ll hold you to it...

Just after I posted this, my Vesper stopped charging. I'm working with customer service, so I'll let you know how that goes. It has a one year warranty...we shall see!

but damnit I miss that strong son of a...

Just after I posted this, my Vesper stopped charging. I'm working with customer service, so I'll let you know how that goes. It has a one year warranty...we shall see!

but damnit I miss that strong son of a...

Oh that’s great information to have! I look forward to your update and hope they fix it soon!

Update: Crave sent me a new Vesper and it works.

I just got a lovense domi to add to my Bluetooth capable collection.

First impressions are that it’s fucking strong. It’s actually, for now, too intense for me. Lowest setting is nice and rumbly but much higher and....it’s just too much. Is this common with wands? Any tips from wand appreciators?

It’s sturdy and well made. Will no doubt be a fun toy for orgasm denial. Also feels good on muscles! My quads are happy!

If you like strong rumbly play, this is s solid choice. I’d personally appreciate more lower options.

Bluetooth integration is great. Lovense really has this part nailed down. Haven’t used that much, but a quick test with Alpine showed it worked with the app well, just like I’d expect after using the Lush.

Next up: the we vibe rave. Different Bluetooth interface, so we shall see how it compares? Until then...

Okay, what is everyone's favourite bluetooth/internet connected toy to use with their lover? Doesn't have to be a two-way toy, his/hers. I'm just looking for the best rabbit/bullet/g-spot stimulator that can be controlled no matter where I am in the world.

Please weigh in :)

Okay, what is everyone's favourite bluetooth/internet connected toy to use with their lover? Doesn't have to be a two-way toy, his/hers. I'm just looking for the best rabbit/bullet/g-spot stimulator that can be controlled no matter where I am in the world.

Please weigh in :)

Oooh! I would like to know this too!

Back