What's for dinner?

Spinach, boiled until extremely soft and soggy, drained and light olive oil added, along with leftover roasted turkey. Dessert was a little heavy cream mixed with leftover orange cranberry relish and chopped toasted pecans.

Tried a new twist on baked shrimp tonight.

I took a bag of frozen uncooked shrimp, defrosted, and placed it in a glass pan, 9 X 9. A glass pie plate will work too. Then I used an immersion blender to blend a quarter cup of light olive oil, four cloves of garlic and a tablespoon of lemon juice and poured it over the shrimp. I covered it with tin foil and baked at 400 for 20 minutes.

Served with a tossed salad and some baked French fries.

Peri-peri chicken with broccoli, mushrooms and yams and pasta. Using a tomato and basil sauce (thanks Costco) and mixed in Nando's peri-peri (medium) sauce. It smells divine.

Grilled ribeye, fire roasted corn, cut green beans and a nice wine. Yum.

Broiled NY strip steak. They were wonderful! I saw a show a couple years ago that claimed the best way to grill a steak is to let it come up to room temp first, brush both sides with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. I did that tonight and broiled for ten minutes on each side and let them rest for about ten minutes before cutting into them. Incredibly tender. Served with green beans almondine and mashed sweet potatoes.

Pacific Vegetable Pizza with thin crust, 1/2 the normal feta and provolone, double onions. The substitutions cut the calorie count almost in half.

Pacific Vegetable Pizza with thin crust, 1/2 the normal feta and provolone, double onions. The substitutions cut the calorie count almost in half.

I love their thin crust, but I'm too chicken to try their gluten free one. Have you ever??

I love their thin crust, but I'm too chicken to try their gluten free one. Have you ever??

I have no Celiac disease, "gluten allergies" or alleged "non-celiac gluten sensitivity" so I have absolutely no need to seek out, or desire to eat, gluten free products.

I also avoid products with the supposed "Non-GMO" (butterfly) seal, won't pay extra for "organic", and vaccinated my kids when they were little, vaccinate my dogs, and get annual flu and Pneumococcal Pneumonia vaccines for myself.

Sorry. "Gluten free" must be a trigger word for me.

I have no Celiac disease, "gluten allergies" or alleged "non-celiac gluten sensitivity" so I have absolutely no need to seek out, or desire to eat, gluten free products.

I also avoid products with the supposed "Non-GMO" (butterfly) seal, won't pay extra for "organic", and vaccinated my kids when they were little, vaccinate my dogs, and get annual flu and Pneumococcal Pneumonia vaccines for myself.

Sorry. "Gluten free" must be a trigger word for me.

I see that... didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. :rolleyes:

Flesh, sauce, starch, greens, meds, wine, fruit.

It seems generic after awhile.

But pizza for lunch.

Chicken tenders covered in a buffalo wing sauce and cheddar cheese with some bleu cheese, broccoli and a little leftover mashed sweet potatoes. Dessert was an almond flour sponge cake with homemade blueberry pie filling and whipped cream.

1. What type of flesh did you consume?
2. Meds? Was this for medical purposes or flavour?
1: Some questions should not be asked.
2: I'm told to slurp one certain pill with peanut butter after breakfast and supper. I don't argue.

My favorite flavorful drug doses are chocolate-coated coffee beans.

My partner should sear some whitefish and make a kale-feta salad soon. I forget what wine we'll pour. Something pale and cool, I'm sure.

Today was tough. We over-exerted and I'm ruined. Dinner was the last of the baked gourmet macaroni cheese, savory turkey with whole cranberry sauce, and a bottle or two of cheap Cook's champagne. That helps.

Now it's post-midnight-snack time. I'll go with wimpy quesadillas: two corn tortillas, each with a slice of lunchmeat, a few olives or an artichoke heart, and a slice of cheese, toasted. Wash those down with a Torpedo IPA and I'm sunk.

Today was tough. We over-exerted and I'm ruined. Dinner was the last of the baked gourmet macaroni cheese, savory turkey with whole cranberry sauce, and a bottle or two of cheap Cook's champagne. That helps.

Now it's post-midnight-snack time. I'll go with wimpy quesadillas: two corn tortillas, each with a slice of lunchmeat, a few olives or an artichoke heart, and a slice of cheese, toasted. Wash those down with a Torpedo IPA and I'm sunk.

At a bar?

Ahhhhhh, breakfast. Sausages, bacon, eggs, fried bread, pancakes, maple syrup, coffee with cream. Nothing remotely green passed my lips unless you classify maple syrup as a vegetable or fruit (tree sap? Hmmmm). We went out for breakfast. I am now about to go into a coma for the rest of the day and I'm not eating again until spring...

https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUPUfkbVWhMDiBu-uhLfoUq6DKX4tIWKQ4_5bJoBWBec2bjmS9

I'm jealous, seriously jealous.

Ahhhhhh, breakfast. Sausages, bacon, eggs, fried bread, pancakes, maple syrup, coffee with cream. Nothing remotely green passed my lips unless you classify maple syrup as a vegetable or fruit (tree sap? Hmmmm). We went out for breakfast. I am now about to go into a coma for the rest of the day and I'm not eating again until spring...

https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUPUfkbVWhMDiBu-uhLfoUq6DKX4tIWKQ4_5bJoBWBec2bjmS9

Back