What's for dinner?

Pan-fried tilapia filet on a cayenne-flavored mustard sauce, rosemary roast potatoes and a green salad.

I have a great teriyaki recipe for the king oyster mushrooms in the fridge but recent days have been busy and our sleep-and-eat patterns odd. I'll fix the 'shrooms (with jasmine rice) for tomorrow's grand lunch. Tonight it's ham and cheese melted on Irish oat bread, flowery beans leftover from above, kale salad, and strong wine. Easy-peasy.

Last night was Boeuf Bourguignon, German fried potatoes, Tempura onion-rings, and pineapple upside-down cake. Tonight is more of the same.

Last night was chicken noodle soup, with: celery, onions, carrots, egg noodles, chicken breast seasoned with a Cajun spice mix. Etc

Tonight was boring but last night was awesome - eggplant stacks at a restaurant. Fried eggplant with roasted red peppers, sauteed onions, tomatoes and cheese sauce.

I still lack energy to do the King Oyster Mushrooms Teriyaki so my partner made cinnamon-vanilla whole-wheat French toast with maple syrup and maple-cured bacon. I'll gnaw on some dry Coastal Cheddar cheese later.

Last night was rotisserie chicken picked up from Walmart (don't judge me I'm on a budget) I had it with a salad consisting of: lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots & cabbage.

Shrimp baked is butter and white wine with green salads. Made a gluten free reduced carb seven layer bar for dessert. Not bad but I'll be tweaking the recipe next time I make it.

I made that Teriyaki King Oyster Mushroom recipe but the technique didn't work out. Next time (if any) fry the mushroom slices thoroughly, then marinate. Black rice enhanced the meal's morbid aspect.

Last night was Indonesian Laksa with fried naan puri bread, Singapore Fried Rice Vermicelli with char sui pork, prawn, and squid, and mango ice cream with lychees for dessert

Spaghetti with organic four cheese sauce and ground beef for meat sauce. Unfortunately, the gluten free spaghetti turned into rice as soon as it hit the water. :eek: Still tasted good though. I don't do any pasta often anymore.

Stir-fried chicken and bok choy on rice. I was asleep again at dinnertime and so nuked a bowl later, splashed with Tamari. Should have had a white wine but only the Pra Vinera red was open. I'm a savage. We run down to the county seat today to vote and resupply while the house exterior is painted so we might have frozen pizza tonight. Oops, I'm almost out of canned fish chowders. Can't run out of those.

I think it's mushrooms and something with rice, black or white, I dunno. Mysteries abound.

We must have leftovers somewhere in the fridge. Everything easy is gone.

Ken's Light Italian, for some strange reason, makes for a great chicken and London Broil marinade.

I like Good Seasons, I make it with olive oil. Works great.

Leftover chicken tonight with a fry up of zucchini, sweet onion, red bell pepper and diced tomatoes plus Italian seasonings. One of my favorites.

Last edited:
Frozen pizza, chilled rosé, and yet more obnoxious medications. I should be weaned off some soon. Drugs, not pizza. Never abandon a good Neapolitan thin-crust Margherita pizza.

Back