What's for dinner?

Bangers & Mash.
There was something missing from the gravy, though.

Fry some onions until they're nicely sweated and stir them in, HP, it makes a world of difference; when I get to missing home, and the local food just won't do, Lori makes me sausages and buttery, cheesey mashed potatoes with garden peas and onion gravy, to my mind one of the all-time greats of English food, simple, but delectable.

Fry some onions until they're nicely sweated and stir them in, HP, it makes a world of difference; when I get to missing home, and the local food just won't do, Lori makes me sausages and buttery, cheesey mashed potatoes with garden peas and onion gravy, to my mind one of the all-time greats of English food, simple, but delectable.

Hello BB.
Now why the 'ell didn't I think of that ?
Big hugs to Lori

Barbecue ribs, baked potatoes & coleslaw. Sadly the ribs and potatoes were a little burnt.

I've been baking up a storm. I have mini cheese pizzas with extra sauce. The others will be having beef and vegetable stir fry with brown rice and asst. cookies if they want them.

I've been baking up a storm. I have mini cheese pizzas with extra sauce. The others will be having beef and vegetable stir fry with brown rice and asst. cookies if they want them.

Who are these others?

Who are these others?

My gardener, his partner and their cute little dog. Daughter stopped by for some pizza and cookies. She remarked that the rice smelled good but she doesn't actually eat brown rice.

I never know who might come to dinner. When daughter was living here, her friends often stopped by to eat. They actually still do once in a while. Just far less often than when she lived here. I guess they like my cooking!

My gardener, his partner and their cute little dog. Daughter stopped by for some pizza and cookies. She remarked that the rice smelled good but she doesn't actually eat brown rice.

I never know who might come to dinner. When daughter was living here, her friends often stopped by to eat. They actually still do once in a while. Just far less often than when she lived here. I guess they like my cooking!

What are they drinking? I saw no mention of drinks, I'm very very concerned that they might be dehydrated.

Kangaroo steak, mushrooms, and greens.
You sliced a 'roo? I recall the ancient joke of the guy who walks into a restaurant boasting WE SERVE ANY ANIMAL IN THE WORLD. Fellow orders an elephant steak. After some delay, the waiter apologizes. "I'm sorry, m'sieur, but for only one steak, we cannot cut up our elephant."

What is 'chicken parm'?
Sounds like chicken Parmesan. Or a chicken parameter. They get tight.

Meanwhile, I crockpotted a good soupy batch of red beans, vegs, hamhock, and leftover sauces. (And I invented a stinkless technique to carmelize onions.) That was meant for tomorrow; for dinner, my partner would sauté shrimp and toss an Asian salad. Alas, exhaustion intervened, so I threw in some super-low-calorie Andouelle sausages to bloat, microwaved leftover black and white rices, and lazily beaned out. Split a Foster's ale. Yum.

Grilled burgers with cheese and fresh sliced tomato, plus cucumber salad - sliced cucumbers salted, sweated and drained then tossed in a sauce of mayo, sour cream and cider vinegar.

Pulled pork, coleslaw, macaroni salad, homemade bread and butter pickles, and roasted cauliflower.

It was going to be fried shrimp and Asian salad but exhaustion won so it was easy quesadillas, bean soup, red wine, and hydrocodone.

What is 'chicken parm'?

Chicken Pamigiana - breaded chicken cutlet fried and then baked with tomato sauce and mozarella cheese on top, then sprinkled with grated parmesan or romano cheese. Originally made with veal cutlets, but now often with chicken or pork to cut the expense. The sauce is the cook's choice; I usually go for a fresh basil marinara.

Tonight: Chicken breasts in sour cream sauce with panko-crusted mushrooms on the side.

Leftover grilled burger with American cheese and roasted red pepper relish with a big tossed salad. A few fresh bluberries and pecan halves for dessert.

I made a nice mixed lunch. Four brown eggs scrambled with a chunk of dry white Coastal Cheddar. Two little avocados, a bunch of cherry tomatoes, and a dollop of basil pesto mashed into Italo-guacamole. Reheat my black rice and my partner's white rice. Then reheat the leftover fried shrimps. Washed down with Deschutes Black Butte Porter.

Life is hard.

Dinner? I think we'll fend. Or, if hungry then, Asian salad and grilled salmonburgers. And Stirling 2016 Chardonnay. Not stirred, not shaken. Urp.

Back