Who is Anonymous, and why does she hate me?

KillerMuffin said:
*shrugs* She probably still likes you. She's still around, just a new name. My money is on "obedientpet" though other gossip has it that she's also "Old Soul Reborn".

And, gee, all along I thought it was GoodLilPet. Sheesh! What do I know? :rolleyes:

From what I've heard, I think we should rather be looking out for screen names like "HumpingPet" or "BlowingPet"..?:rolleyes:

hey svenska dear, what the heck is that flashing thing in your sig saying? i can't read it, my eyes are spinning.

Ooops! Sorry! I've just foudn out how to use Jasc Animation Shop, and I'm playing around with it daily... It says:

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

which means "Never tickle a sleeping dragon".

Now, WHAT series of novels could that quote come from???:eek:

Draconis horribilis

Dear Svenska,
You should read Terry Pratchett. He does dragons, too.
MG

I finally gave a neg feedback... ooh, it was tough!

I found an interesting story at lit yesterday. It was so totally different, I couldn't figure out what it was doing here. I gave the author a feedback with my email address included. I told him I thought he was true to the era he was writing about, and did a great job at description, but I didn't catch the "erotic" part. Maybe it slipped in under my radar. I told him maybe I was too dense and asked him if I missed the point, and what was it.

It was hard to write that to somebody. I hope I wasn't too harsh. I was really curious to see what this guy was thinking when he wrote. I refrained from voting on his story because I didn't want to bring his score down, whatever it was.

Do you think I should have just kept my mouth shut, or was that okay? I was sincere, and I really do wish he'd email me and enlighten me.

(bracing for flames from lit gurugirls)

That wasn't negative feedback. That's called constructive criticism. Negative feedback is just hatemail. You told a guy what was good and what was bad about his story. He may or may not like it. I think you did a good job and should be commended. It takes a lot of courage to tell a perfect stranger what you think about his work.

I agree with KM. There is a huge difference between some one writing "You suck" and letting a writer know what points or issues you had problems with. It's a great way to let writers know how they touched readers and at the same time letting them know what areas needed some improvement.

Depending on how you worded your feedback (and it sounds fine to me), you shouldn't receive any flames from the writer. I've only had one reader write to me with a "need improvement" type of feedback. He left his email address, so I asked him to go into detail to help me out. He obliged nicely, and was surprised I didn't "attack" him. I guess most readers think writers can't or won't take any sort of criticism of their work. But, hey, if it's given in a constructive way, it's a huge help!

Darn!

I've been deleting feedback lately. I may have gotten a really good message like the one you got, but I haven't written a single poem.

Maybe the person who wrote it was afraid of snakes.

Unproductive comments are so sad.

BlackSnake said:
Darn!

I've been deleting feedback lately. I may have gotten a really good message like the one you got, but I haven't written a single poem.

Maybe the person who wrote it was afraid of snakes.

Unproductive comments are so sad.

Awww... who would be afraid of that widdle lizzy-poo???
*making baby-noises*

Re: Draconis horribilis

MathGirl said:
Dear Svenska,
You should read Terry Pratchett. He does dragons, too.
MG

Ooooh, I feel another story coming on! "Doing the Dragon"...:nana:

Re: I finally gave a neg feedback... ooh, it was tough!

TaffyJ said:
I found an interesting story at lit yesterday. It was so totally different, I couldn't figure out what it was doing here. I gave the author a feedback with my email address included. I told him I thought he was true to the era he was writing about, and did a great job at description, but I didn't catch the "erotic" part. Maybe it slipped in under my radar. I told him maybe I was too dense and asked him if I missed the point, and what was it.

It was hard to write that to somebody. I hope I wasn't too harsh. I was really curious to see what this guy was thinking when he wrote. I refrained from voting on his story because I didn't want to bring his score down, whatever it was.

Do you think I should have just kept my mouth shut, or was that okay? I was sincere, and I really do wish he'd email me and enlighten me.

(bracing for flames from lit gurugirls)

I'd be careful with that kind of thing Taffy. The last time someone sent me some really good constructive criticism, I roped her into being my full-time ediotr :D.

The Earl

Re: Re: I finally gave a neg feedback... ooh, it was tough!

TheEarl said:
I'd be careful with that kind of thing Taffy. The last time someone sent me some really good constructive criticism, I roped her into being my full-time ediotr :D.

The Earl

...should i mention the typo? *wicked wink*

Nah, I'll just stick with the AV in public. TheEarl, is that YOU doing the Morris dancing? I know it's not Mr Flibble. :rose:

ropes! that's how he did it! i'll know next time.

I think if it is the BlessedBe person, well I think everyone knows what feelings I have towards her. A long walk off a short pier would be good for starters.:D

I got the little Lit folder by winning the end of the year contest last year and the name addition was done by a friend. I can perhaps see if she may make one for you as well if you would like.

:D Ok it may take a day or so to get it back if she's not busy but I will do so Svenskaflicka. PM Me with a private email or something so that I can send it to you when I get it back please.

Back