Why are many Literotica poems so vague?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: well then, the next logical progression is...

WickedEve said:
It's worth leaving for a couple of hours so I can come back to all this. :)

it's a kick in the pants isn't it??

:D

Okay.. I have a problem with....

I have a huge problem with the following. I understand not all will understand each others poetry but..... when a poet posts something and allows voting and comments there is a reason.

I post to learn... not to be rewarded.. but to improve my work.. to have others say hey Du Lac yes I see it.. or no I don't. This may help to improve what you are getting at....

BUT I HATE WHEN SOMEONE LEAVES A 1.0 VOTE OR A LOW VOTE... AND DOES NOT TELL WHY THEY DON'T LIKE THE WORK!! OR NO NAME... WITH A RUDE COMMENT....I WILL NOT CUT THEIR HEAD OFF!!! hehehee!

I just think it is rude to vote like that and not expand on why they voted that way? But then again I can not expect others to line up to my values! But we are here to share and learn. If I don't like a poem strongly I will not vote poorly rather I will PM that person and try to understand why it is that I reacted so....

Most likely it is about me.. not the poet... so in doing so I reveal another side of myself... Oh du Lac the deep one! So ... I just had to state this.. for I find it rude and basically low handed! If you don't like something say why... help the other to learn... Plain old voting a low mark is mean... selfish and plain old nasty lol...

reminds me of the old saying ... if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it!!!!

So, if you don't have the guts to follow up your low vote with reasoning... then don't vote!!! it is very frustrating to one who is honest and wants to learn!

Well my rant is raved.. and I feel better .... that was good for me.. how about you :devil:

Du Lac:kiss:

WickedEve said:
Thanks to this thread, I've decided to write whatever in the hell I want (which I do ;)).

that's ok I still won't get it but I'll like it'

Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

Du Lac said:
I have a huge problem with the following. I understand not all will understand each others poetry but..... when a poet posts something and allows voting and comments there is a reason.

I post to learn... not to be rewarded.. but to improve my work.. to have others say hey Du Lac yes I see it.. or no I don't. This may help to improve what you are getting at....

BUT I HATE WHEN SOMEONE LEAVES A 1.0 VOTE OR A LOW VOTE... AND DOES NOT TELL WHY THEY DON'T LIKE THE WORK!! OR NO NAME... WITH A RUDE COMMENT....I WILL NOT CUT THEIR HEAD OFF!!! hehehee!

I just think it is rude to vote like that and not expand on why they voted that way? But then again I can not expect others to line up to my values! But we are here to share and learn. If I don't like a poem strongly I will not vote poorly rather I will PM that person and try to understand why it is that I reacted so....

Most likely it is about me.. not the poet... so in doing so I reveal another side of myself... Oh du Lac the deep one! So ... I just had to state this.. for I find it rude and basically low handed! If you don't like something say why... help the other to learn... Plain old voting a low mark is mean... selfish and plain old nasty lol...

reminds me of the old saying ... if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it!!!!

So, if you don't have the guts to follow up your low vote with reasoning... then don't vote!!! it is very frustrating to one who is honest and wants to learn!

Well my rant is raved.. and I feel better .... that was good for me.. how about you :devil:

Du Lac:kiss:
I've been getting low scores and rude comments lately. And when I read the comments, I really don't think it's all about the poems. It's me. I'm sure I failed to comment on someone's poem, or maybe I was getting too much attention for one of my own poems, or something pissed off someone and so... a one and a "you suck" comment. ;) Honestly, those mean nothing. I received one email recently, and someone said that he had read about 10% of my poetry and found some of it very good and some absolutely not good at all. He was honest. I didn't really enjoy hearing that at first, but then I had to agree. I reread some of poems, and I see how desperately they need revising. And I read some of my others, and I'm quite proud of them. I am glad this person was honest about my poetry and not simply trying to insult me.

Re: Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

WickedEve said:
I am glad this person was honest about my poetry and not simply trying to insult me.

Or get into your panties...you know...when you wear them...

Re: Re: Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

Tathagata said:
Or get into your panties...you know...when you wear them...
No, I don't think that was his goal. There are a few sickos out there who aren't interested in my panties or what's in them. Of course, if I'm not wearing them, then god only knows what's in them--lint?

Re: Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

WickedEve said:
I've been getting low scores and rude comments lately. And when I read the comments, I really don't think it's all about the poems. It's me. I'm sure I failed to comment on someone's poem, or maybe I was getting too much attention for one of my own poems, or something pissed off someone and so... a one and a "you suck" comment. ;) Honestly, those mean nothing. I received one email recently, and someone said that he had read about 10% of my poetry and found some of it very good and some absolutely not good at all. He was honest. I didn't really enjoy hearing that at first, but then I had to agree. I reread some of poems, and I see how desperately they need revising. And I read some of my others, and I'm quite proud of them. I am glad this person was honest about my poetry and not simply trying to insult me.

Eve, yes, some of your work takes me a while to absorb, but I have read you so much I know that if I let it set, and swirl around in my brain often enough, I will eventually get it :) like a Chinese finger puzzle, you grab me and wont let me rest until the understanding is there and that is part of what I love about your poems and also part of what bugs the crud outta me!! you are an artist!!

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

WickedEve said:
No, I don't think that was his goal. There are a few sickos out there who aren't interested in my panties or what's in them. Of course, if I'm not wearing them, then god only knows what's in them--lint?

you always go one step too far

Maria2394 said:
Eve, yes, some of your work takes me a while to absorb, but I have read you so much I know that if I let it set, and swirl around in my brain often enough, I will eventually get it :) like a Chinese finger puzzle, you grab me and wont let me rest until the understanding is there and that is part of what I love about your poems and also part of what bugs the crud outta me!! you are an artist!!

Du Lac, unfortunately, it always seems to come back to the votes, which is unfortunate. Doesnt anyone realize, ( okay, many of us do) that the voting system here doesnt count for much? example---I gave a very, VERY well loved poet here a 4 (GASP) yes a four, for what I thought was a rushed poem, without much thought, yet I happened to look at the top list and there it was with 11 votes and a perfect score, a 5.0. My offending 4 was removed, an insult I suppose.. it DID insult me that my vote was removed and now I have 0 respect for that writer, zero...It was obvious to me that this person could not, or would not accept anything less than perfect and the 4 vote was a mere annoyance to that poet, so I have stopped voting on that persons work.

What is the point if the poet doesnt like a 4? cannot accept a 4? Its not like I gave a low ball and left an anon "you suck" comment, which, by the way, I do not ever vote a 1, or leave "you suck" comments... what IM trying to say, you dont like your votes, do what others do and complain to laurel and have the offending vote removed and then everyone will have their poems wedged up at a 5 on the top list, in a 100 way tie ...which actually means very little nowadays

you can remove votes??
LOL
Now you tell me
:p

WickedEve said:
If you're not using them, can I have them?
:kiss:

RE: problem with..

what IM trying to say, you dont like your votes, do what others do and complain to laurel and have the offending vote removed and then everyone will have their poems wedged up at a 5 on the top list, in a 100 way tie ...which actually means very little nowadays

I think you missed my point. I don't care about the voting etc. I am not here to win a race or to be The Prom Queen....

My problem lies in someone voting without a voice. I am one who is a seeker... I have no problem with critque. That how we learn. Same with a 5.0 what was it that made you want to give that high vote... when I comment I leave my reasoning of what caught me in the work. I believe that we can not always see what is needed to be seen... our voice that we hear.... is so different than in the outside realm...

Ever listen to your voice on a recording.... and say HMMMM that is me? Really? that is what I am talking about... learning.. evolving... changing.. expanding... through the process of critquing...

I would not have a vote removed because then I am not being honest.... someone felt that way... so it is stated.. shown.. I just want to know why!

Du Lac:;)

Re: RE: problem with..

Du Lac said:
what IM trying to say, you dont like your votes, do what others do and complain to laurel and have the offending vote removed and then everyone will have their poems wedged up at a 5 on the top list, in a 100 way tie ...which actually means very little nowadays

I think you missed my point. I don't care about the voting etc. I am not here to win a race or to be The Prom Queen....

My problem lies in someone voting without a voice. I am one who is a seeker... I have no problem with critque. That how we learn. Same with a 5.0 what was it that made you want to give that high vote... when I comment I leave my reasoning of what caught me in the work. I believe that we can not always see what is needed to be seen... our voice that we hear.... is so different than in the outside realm...

Ever listen to your voice on a recording.... and say HMMMM that is me? Really? that is what I am talking about... learning.. evolving... changing.. expanding... through the process of critquing...

I would not have a vote removed because then I am not being honest.... someone felt that way... so it is stated.. shown.. I just want to know why!

Du Lac:;)

No, Du Lac, I didnt miss your point, in fact, I expressed the same thing as you months ago, we all go through this I think. At some point, we a ll attract trolls , for whatever reason. Yes, there are some times when a one vote is warranted, but I , like you, just wish, WISH wish that the ones and two votes came along with a rec of how to "fix" it, but that has never happened.

I didnt mean to suggest that you were in it for votes., many of us are not, and yet it enrages us to get low balled with no explanation, therefore, I have decided as so many others here, that low ball is hatefulness or something worse..

as for removing votes, yes it happens....too often, there are some here with egos that do not match their skill or ability yet, maybe I am one of them, but I always feel less than, not deserving of more and Lord forbid someone votes me a 5 just cuz they love me or whatver :D

so, just keep writing and put no stock in the votes, the feedback is what matters...always, ands not the anon you suck type FB, they are cowards :rose:

maria

ps, if you sit back and watch the voting, you can almost figure out who the trolls are ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

Tathagata said:
you always go one step too far
Hey, one step too far keeps me ahead of the rest of you perverts.

The Mutt said:
If you're not using them, can I have them?
:kiss:
Give back the pitchfork and you can have the linty panties. And don't be afraid of the snarling dust bunny living on the crotch of them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

WickedEve said:
Hey, one step too far keeps me ahead of the rest of you perverts.

which, of course, means we are all checking out your ass

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

Tathagata said:
which, of course, means we are all checking out your ass
Damn!

Maria2394 said:
like a Chinese finger puzzle, you grab me and wont let me rest
You swore you'd never tell!
:eek:

Maria2394 said:
Du Lac, unfortunately, it always seems to come back to the votes, which is unfortunate. Doesnt anyone realize, ( okay, many of us do) that the voting system here doesnt count for much? example---I gave a very, VERY well loved poet here a 4 (GASP) yes a four, for what I thought was a rushed poem, without much thought, yet I happened to look at the top list and there it was with 11 votes and a perfect score, a 5.0. My offending 4 was removed, an insult I suppose.. it DID insult me that my vote was removed and now I have 0 respect for that writer, zero...It was obvious to me that this person could not, or would not accept anything less than perfect and the 4 vote was a mere annoyance to that poet, so I have stopped voting on that persons work.
Maria, no one can remove votes except Laurel, and she doesn't do it on request, unless the vote was illegal or blatantly malicious by Laurel's standards. In all probability, what happened was that your vote was never accounted for in the first place, a temporary glitch, a connection hiccup... I've noticed that sort of thing happening once in a while, but it's only a software error, not a grand conspiracy. :)

Lauren Hynde said:
Maria, no one can remove votes except Laurel, and she doesn't do it on request, unless the vote was illegal or blatantly malicious by Laurel's standards. In all probability, what happened was that your vote was never accounted for in the first place, a temporary glitch, a connection hiccup... I've noticed that sort of thing happening once in a while, but it's only a software error, not a grand conspiracy. :)
Maria, start voting again. Lauren's right. There's no way Laurel is removing a 4. I know the software will remove a vote if there is more than one from the same isp address. Right, Lauren?

WickedEve said:
Maria, start voting again. Lauren's right. There's no way Laurel is removing a 4. I know the software will remove a vote if there is more than one from the same isp address. Right, Lauren?
Right. I think it may even remove all of them. :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

Lauren Hynde said:
Right. I think it may even remove all of them. :)
I knew you'd know the answer.

:)

I'd also like to know why my ex is an ass and why I'm allergic to sulfa drugs? And what can I do about this weird noise my computer makes?

WickedEve said:
I'd also like to know why my ex is an ass and why I'm allergic to sulfa drugs? And what can I do about this weird noise my computer makes?
Hint: those three are probably connected.

WickedEve said:
Primarily because of a recidivist gene accidentally triggered at birth, but also because of defective upbringing; you're allergic to sulfa drugs because they're not fun. I need additional data to respond to the weird noise question. :p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay.. I have a problem with....

Lauren Hynde said:
Primarily because of a recidivist gene accidentally triggered at birth, but also because of defective upbringing; you're allergic to sulfa drugs because they're not fun. I need additional data to respond to the weird noise question. :p
Never mind. I think the weird noise is a recording of the ex seizing on sulfa drugs.
Liar was right. They're all connected.

Back