Wishing Well

Hey Lauren!

I am sorry you are having health issues, and hope you are well soon, and am glad you still believe in the forum :)

all the best,
~as

Lauren Hynde said:
Just for the record, I haven't moved on - not really. I'm not referring only to the fact that I'm nearly always lurking and doing whatever needs to be done moderating-wise, but I haven't stopped believing in the forum and its potential. The simple reality is that I have been having some health problems in the last 6 months, and as a consequence, my mind has only occasionally been able to give to Poetry (capital P) the attention I believe it deserves always. That's why I have only posted (or written, in fact) a handful of poems during this period. I haven't posted any relevant (by my standards, anyway) comments either, but for the same reasons, and not because I think it's a waste of my time or because I wasn't being reciprocated. Neither of those things ever came into play when I was commenting on and reviewing the new poems weekly. It's an unfortunate coincidence that this is happening at the same time as other fundamental Poets (capital P) are or already have moved on. I would have much preferred that my creative hiatus had gone unnoticed.

I am always "up there" watching, though. Make no mistake. :D

"Friendship’s more lasting than love, and more legal than stalking."

sandspike said:
What you want to drink and what tunes do you like. If I ain't got it, I'll get it. :cool:

Bring some poems, yours and other you like.

I like Enya and wine coolers.

Just kidding!! Don't run off!! LOL

I like classic oldies from the mid 60's and sipping J W Dant. And we'll write brand new poems in the sand.

annaswirls said:
Hey Lauren!

I am sorry you are having health issues, and hope you are well soon, and am glad you still believe in the forum :)

all the best,
~as
Thanks. I'm getting there. :) :rose:

J. W. in on the way

BooMerengue said:
I like Enya and wine coolers.

Just kidding!! Don't run off!! LOL

I like classic oldies from the mid 60's and sipping J W Dant. And we'll write brand new poems in the sand.

I'll bring the Dant
my Southern Comfort,
tunes played low
to hear the sea.
Fingers used on
sands of our time
writing the wrongs
of turbulent days.
File the wonder
of such a time,
catalog the decade
in two floating pints.
:rolleyes:

Lauren Hynde said:
Just for the record, I haven't moved on - not really. I'm not referring only to the fact that I'm nearly always lurking and doing whatever needs to be done moderating-wise, but I haven't stopped believing in the forum and its potential. The simple reality is that I have been having some health problems in the last 6 months, and as a consequence, my mind has only occasionally been able to give to Poetry (capital P) the attention I believe it deserves always. That's why I have only posted (or written, in fact) a handful of poems during this period. I haven't posted any relevant (by my standards, anyway) comments either, but for the same reasons, and not because I think it's a waste of my time or because I wasn't being reciprocated. Neither of those things ever came into play when I was commenting on and reviewing the new poems weekly. It's an unfortunate coincidence that this is happening at the same time as other fundamental Poets (capital P) are or already have moved on. I would have much preferred that my creative hiatus had gone unnoticed.

I am always "up there" watching, though. Make no mistake. :D

"Friendship’s more lasting than love, and more legal than stalking."

Get well, and wishing you well. And sorry, your creative hiatus can not go unnoticed.

bluerains said:
We already have that thread..which by the way is a good one.

I believe its this a snail male attempt to poke fun at Art and others who try to encourage the mass of poets to post and have an enjoyable time doing so...and to say one poet is better than another is pompous and ego driven....much like the current government we have in office...my way all the way...HEIL HITLER...
sorry anna ...I think a huge number of poets are awesome...including you...Quiet poet just riled my feathers this morning on this Nazi thread...ty blue

to say one poet is better than another is easy, you do it; to make a distinction based on some objectivity and value, well that's tough, takes balls. BALLS.

What we do

not see

These fellows have Messages, and we haven't got time for anything in literature except a straight, hard-hitting, heart-throbbing Message!
Zero Hour, Berzelius Windrip.

sandspike said:
I'll bring the Dant
my Southern Comfort,
tunes played low
to hear the sea.
Fingers used on
sands of our time
writing the wrongs
of turbulent days.
File the wonder
of such a time,