Yay Angeline!

Angeline said:
oh yeah? ask him if *he* went to work today. :D
I live in a land where we laugh at snow. We tear off our shirts and paint taunting messages about snow on our bare chests.

Then we retreat to roadside bars and drink ourselves to death in depression.

flyguy69 said:
Probably watching the clock, thinking $6.99 a minute for this?

that was my thought. i mean for me. if i went. which i didn't. :p

Angeline said:
Um thanks. Does the UPS guy have four-wheel drive? If he does, trust me ee will be thrilled lol.

Love,
The Snow Queen
I can see the two of you fighting over who gets to kiss the ups guy. lol How deep it the snow there?

WickedEve said:
I can see the two of you fighting over who gets to kiss the ups guy. lol How deep it the snow there?
Don't rub it in, Eve.

Well, actually, do rub it in.

But don't laugh at us while you do it!

WickedEve said:

It started around 3 am and it's looks like there are six or seven inches of snow already. I think we're supposed to get over a foot of it. Sigh.

I told him what you said and he agreed that a UPS guy with 4-wheel drive would be welcome. But I'm pretty sure he won't kiss him. He's very persnickety about who he kisses. Especially if the kissee has five-o-clock shadow...

Angeline said:
It started around 3 am and it's looks like there are six or seven inches of snow already. I think we're supposed to get over a foot of it. Sigh.

I told him what you said and he agreed that a UPS guy with 4-wheel drive would be welcome. But I'm pretty sure he won't kiss him. He's very persnickety about who he kisses. Especially if the kissee has five-o-clock shadow...

how come it's not snowing at the jersey shore? :cool:

PatCarrington said:
Yeah, but how many, ummmm, moose do you get to see as you stroll along the beach? And how often do you uncover a beautiful hockey puck with your toes?

flyguy69 said:
Yeah, but how many, ummmm, moose do you get to see as you stroll along the beach? And how often do you uncover a beautiful hockey puck with your toes?

i knew there were reasons i was feeling deprived.

go ahead. rub it in. be that way. :cool:

PatCarrington said:

Theres only so much snow to go around.... I can give you a good rate on some exported from Scotland. We're currently experiencing a cold snap... weather from Siberia way (it's better than the Winter 2 years ago where we got winds from the North Pole... its not as cold and a lot prettier).

Well done Ange... Tis a good poem. I read it before you mentioned the similarity to Springsteen and must admit his name was first in my head when I was reading the first two stanzas... Maybe its just cos of the Boardwalk theme. After reading through though I think its a little more risque than most Springsteen...

I've just sent off a submission to Thieves Jargon, their manifesto struck a few chords with me... its not poetry, but fiction though, and its pretty rough so I don't see it getting accepted. I tried to submit it here once, but it got rejected because paragraphs where too large.

I am a little late to this thread, but it was still good to see poets I knew on Theives Jargon.

Keep writing beautiful work so that I can run across it more often.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks Neo and Trent. And Trent, good luck--the editor at thieves is a very nice guy.

Patrick you told on Tath! I'm glad you did. :)

Congratulations, Tath! Your talent has always stretched the seams of Lit-- I'm glad to see you sharing it with the world.

An excellent poem, imho.

:)

Back