Yeah, but can she/he clean the kitchen?

Ebonyfire said:
You will allow that there are many vanilla men out there that think of their wives as houseslaves, LOL. I I'll bet the women did not realize it when they said their "I dos",, if they had they would have said "I won't".

IMHO most marrages end up with the wife being a houseslave and she is reguired to work .........

and it was never negotiated or overtly concensual

Richard49 said:
IMHO most marrages end up with the wife being a houseslave and she is reguired to work .........

Thanks Richard, cause that was my point. It least there is a choice made in D/s.

Richard49 said:

lol I think this is one of the reasons I never took an interest in cooking. Nope, I'm not straight, I don't cook and I'm not your maid! Not wife material, thank you very much. ;)

But as I don't cook much at all, I have cleaned many kitchens, as beyond D/s, it's simply good manners to contribute.

Back to Ebony's original post. I have of course done domestic mundane tasks as you simply can't get away from them, and doing things for someone you care about can be a real pleasure, vanilla or D/s. However, I would not be interested in a simply service relationship or being a house slave. If the depth of my service or submission or the relationship itself was based on cooking and cleaning alone, I'd have to start charging. :D

lark sparrow said:
lol I think this is one of the reasons I never took an interest in cooking. Nope, I'm not straight, I don't cook and I'm not your maid! Not wife material, thank you very much. ;)

But as I don't cook much at all, I have cleaned many kitchens, as beyond D/s, it's simply good manners to contribute.

Back to Ebony's original post. I have of course done domestic mundane tasks as you simply can't get away from them, and doing things for someone you care about can be a real pleasure, vanilla or D/s. However, I would not be interested in a simply service relationship or being a house slave. If the depth of my service or submission or the relationship itself was based on cooking and cleaning alone, I'd have to start charging. :D

Maybe that is what some housewives should do.:D

Ebonyfire said:
Maybe that is what some housewives should do.:D

LOL yes. I have a married friend who's husband feels when he is off work it is time to relax, which I can't fault him for wishing. However, she also works fulltime, and they have two children, and a house with all the domestic chores and kid's needs waiting at the end of day. Things just don't get done if she doesn't do them and she gets tired of nagging him to do the smallest of tasks in contribution. It causes quite a bit of resentment.

lark sparrow said:
LOL yes. I have a married friend who's husband feels when he is off work it is time to relax, which I can't fault him for wishing. However, she also works fulltime, and they have two children, and a house with all the domestic chores and kid's needs waiting at the end of day. Things just don't get done if she doesn't do them and she gets tired of nagging him to do the smallest of tasks in contribution. It causes quite a bit of resentment.

And one day comes the explosion. It is a sad situation, but too often true.

I don't mind the rest of the housework...I just hate laundry. As for consentual? Hell, he works hard...and I get control of the check book. ::grin:: It's a fair trade. Besides, doing the dishes or cooking is fun...especially when he's behind me ;)

Iceyskye said:
I don't mind the rest of the housework...I just hate laundry. As for consentual? Hell, he works hard...and I get control of the check book. ::grin:: It's a fair trade. Besides, doing the dishes or cooking is fun...especially when he's behind me ;)

Most of the women I know have to work too. So it is a matter of perspective. Is a man's work more important than a woman's? Not in My world.

Interestingly, I've seen a lot of studies of young marrieds who consider the housework to be broken down 50/50. They observed the people in them and found that the husband does maybe 15-20 % of the housework as opposed to NONE, so both feel that the amount done is equally shared.

Whenever someone complains to me at work or says "you know how men do housework" or whatever, I quip that I actually have my fiancé very well trained. It's one of the few jokes I can slip under the radar and it's always good for a chuckle.

Netzach said:
Interestingly, I've seen a lot of studies of young marrieds who consider the housework to be broken down 50/50. They observed the people in them and found that the husband does maybe 15-20 % of the housework as opposed to NONE, so both feel that the amount done is equally shared.

Whenever someone complains to me at work or says "you know how men do housework" or whatever, I quip that I actually have my fiancé very well trained. It's one of the few jokes I can slip under the radar and it's always good for a chuckle.

Hell, some of the best cleaners I know are men. I am a slob personally. Since I am allergic to dust, I usually have the teenager do the cleaning. "You know how teenagers do housework"!!:D

Any other Dom/mes have anything to say on submissives and the mundane tasks of life?

* waves at Ebony *

I require a gardenslave as well as a houseslave. I think of yardwork as another part of housework. While I do not mind working in the garden, I do not enjoy the mundane tasks that must be carried out every week.

I am lucky enough to find pets who enjoy cooking, laundry, et certa and view those tasks as another chance to show their devotion to Me. I do not order or demand. A well trained pet will offer or step in and do what needs to be done. Simply because he knows it will please Me. And because a happy Domme is more likely to be a fun Domme. :devil:

Helena :rose:

Ebonyfire said:
You will allow that there are many vanilla men out there that think of their wives as houseslaves, LOL. I I'll bet the women did not realize it when they said their "I dos",, if they had they would have said "I won't".

I still would have said "I do"
Houseslave isn't a bad thing as long as the relationship is a fulfilling one.

Richard49 said:

Mine broke up because the relationship wasn't the least bit fulfilling.
But then again, I was raised in a very old fashion home where I was expected to play the part a maid to the males of the house. So the house bit was what I thought of as normal.

Last edited:
Aurora_Took said:
I still would have said "I do"
Houseslave isn't a bad thing as long as the relationship is a fulfilling one.

When I think houseslave, I always see a man in the position. I am way too important to do mere household chores.
:D

Cleaning the kitchen? How many realize that a thorough job involves periodically pulling the appliances out from their places (without tearing the vinyl floor) and cleaning their sides and rear and where they sit? Ick and pooh collect in the damnedest places in a kitchen. How many know that the tops of the wall cabinets need doing ever so often? Who knows to check the sink for leaks from time to time, and how to fix them without hiring a plumber or handyman? And the insides of refrigerators and cabinets get funky after a while, too.

A kitchen can be a veritable Augean stable. How many knowledgable Herculeses are there really?

My slave does a wonderful job of cleaning the kitchen.**** to bottom...he sees it as his domain...the place he gets to experiment with spices and cleaners I have never heard of.
This toy finds the kitchen and yes even cleaning it, to be a relaxing diversion from a complex career. I think the little beast enjoys his domain even more when I am completely out of the building and he knows there will be no diversions to impede his onward thrust.
Such as My onward thrust with the strap on.

If I thought having a temper tantrume (sp) would do it I would have one....... I am pouting.... I want a sub that is not just sexual but domistic and gardens and ..........

hell I can not find an occsional play partner

Shadowsdream said:
My slave does a wonderful job of cleaning the kitchen.**** to bottom...he sees it as his domain...the place he gets to experiment with spices and cleaners I have never heard of.
This toy finds the kitchen and yes even cleaning it, to be a relaxing diversion from a complex career. I think the little beast enjoys his domain even more when I am completely out of the building and he knows there will be no diversions to impede his onward thrust.
Such as My onward thrust with the strap on.

I just like you choice of words SD. I like onward thrusts!

mbb308 said:
Cleaning the kitchen? How many realize that a thorough job involves periodically pulling the appliances out from their places (without tearing the vinyl floor) and cleaning their sides and rear and where they sit? Ick and pooh collect in the damnedest places in a kitchen. How many know that the tops of the wall cabinets need doing ever so often? Who knows to check the sink for leaks from time to time, and how to fix them without hiring a plumber or handyman? And the insides of refrigerators and cabinets get funky after a while, too.

A kitchen can be a veritable Augean stable. How many knowledgable Herculeses are there really?

Precisely. I am not one to do any of that. An anal retentive sub with a cleaning fetish is my idea of heaven.

Back