Amber looked at the paper with a heavy heart. Another D, whatever would her mom say to her this time? How disappointed would she be when she had worked so hard to help Amber get to this point in school? Sure Amber was young, 20, but money was tight with her mom and her, even with Amber working part time.
She hated to do this but she would have to talk to Mr. Howard about her grades. There had to be a way to raise them! She just couldn't disappoint her mom again.
With determination, after class, Amber approached Mr. Howard her long brown hair still up in a bun, blue eyes reflecting a bit of her confidence, yet fear. Her shorter stature didn't help when approaching the teacher, standing at 5'3", and her frame was skinny. You'd think she'd attract a lot of attention but with her freckles and glasses perched on the end of her nose she appeared younger than she was, not exactly a go getter with the boys her age.
"Mr. Howard" she said, clearing her throat. "I need to speak with you about my grades sir, I wish to raise them and was wondering what I could possibly do?"
She hated to do this but she would have to talk to Mr. Howard about her grades. There had to be a way to raise them! She just couldn't disappoint her mom again.
With determination, after class, Amber approached Mr. Howard her long brown hair still up in a bun, blue eyes reflecting a bit of her confidence, yet fear. Her shorter stature didn't help when approaching the teacher, standing at 5'3", and her frame was skinny. You'd think she'd attract a lot of attention but with her freckles and glasses perched on the end of her nose she appeared younger than she was, not exactly a go getter with the boys her age.
"Mr. Howard" she said, clearing her throat. "I need to speak with you about my grades sir, I wish to raise them and was wondering what I could possibly do?"