AnthroQuest

UncleJunior

Sultan of Smut
Joined
Jul 19, 2022
Posts
337
A user challenged me with a story idea that I'd like to...workshop, if you will.

Humanoid-animal hybrids, monster girls, fantasy races, etc. are new ground for me but I'm seeing story potential in what I've seen. Because I'm approaching the idea from a fantasy perspective (less narrative "drag" in having to explain why these beastmen are so horny) I wanted to sort of flesh out the "rules" (or, at least the narrative conventions) of the genre by building the RPG this setting would live in.

Races, Classes, various quirks and kinks related to each fantasy "species", etc. Do we have humans, perhaps as a point of view character or are they part of this as well? What species do I have to have? What species would it be fun to have? What would make the game fun to play? What would make it fun to roleplay?

[I've moved this to the Lounge section of SRP, since it is not actively a roleplaying story at this point. - moderator]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And, since I've had some time to brainstorm, I think I can flesh out a barebones setting to play in, if anyone's interested. For now, I think I'll keep hashing out the broad strokes.

"Anthro Fantasy RPG Setting"

Two factions, one made of "anthro" races (catfolk, dogmen, etc.) and one made of "fantasy nonhumans" (succubi, slimes, etc.) coexist in a fantasy world filled with low-cut armor and tentacle monsters.

Each race has quirks and traits reflective of it's overall kink (dogs=knotting, cats=court intrigue, slimes=breath play, etc.) in addition to enough combat perks to staple a basic combat system on.

Anyway, it felt like there was enough meat on the bone to put forth the effort, any takers?
 
Interesting. But you're gonna have to give more specifics

Looks like the moderator placed the story where it needs to be for the moment.

I have a full-blown ruleset but was discouraged from dumping it here. I suppose I'd need to know what specific feature you're asking about.
 
Looks like the moderator placed the story where it needs to be for the moment.

I have a full-blown ruleset but was discouraged from dumping it here. I suppose I'd need to know what specific feature you're asking about.
Yes, I moved it here while you discuss it with others so it wouldn't get lost in the story area. Once you're ready, I look forward to seeing it over on the SRP. ☺️
 
Character Creation

Character creation in Tooth and Nail (oh, I did come up with a name) is deliberately open. You are not locked into a traditional class. Instead, you define yourself through Race, Attributes, Schools, Kinks, and a short Background. The system rewards specialization or broad competence equally.

Step 1: Choose Your Race​

Select one of the core Anthro or Monster races (or create a hybrid with GM approval).

Core Anthro Races
Lupari (Wolf) · Vulpari (Fox) · Felari (Big Cat) · Drakari (Dragon) · Lapini (Rabbit) · Ursari (Bear) · Avari (Avian) · Serpenti (Serpent) · Equari (Horse) · Cervari (Deer) · Rodenti · Chiroptera (Bat) · Mustelari · Procyoni (Raccoon) · Hyenari

Core Monster Races
Gelari (Slime) · Arachni · Succari · Sylphari (Plant) · Aquari · Minotari · Harpyi · Lamiai · Onigari · Vampyri · Gorgoni · Automata · Phoenixari · Mimicri · Undyri · Tentaculi

Each race grants:
  • Ability score bonuses
  • One or more racial traits (including erotic ones)
  • Starting affinity with certain Schools and Kinks
(Full racial write-ups appear in the Races chapter.)

Step 2: Determine Attributes​

The six standard attributes plus Libido:
  • Strength – Physical power, grappling, carrying
  • Dexterity – Agility, stealth, precision
  • Constitution – Endurance, Hit Points, resistance to exhaustion
  • Intelligence – Knowledge, analysis, certain magics
  • Wisdom – Perception, instinct, nature magic
  • Charisma – Presence, social influence, many Desire Weave effects
  • Libido – Seduction, pleasure endurance, resistance to (and power of) erotic effects
Generation Method: Point Buy

27 points (standard array costs apply; Libido starts at 10 and can be raised normally)
Apply racial bonuses after generation.

Step 3: Choose Starting Schools​

You begin with two Novice-level Schools of your choice (or one School at Novice and strong racial affinity in another).
The ten Schools are:
  1. Primal Fury
  2. Shadow Arts
  3. Desire Weave
  4. Verdant Bloom
  5. Silk & Coil
  6. Aerial Dominion
  7. Abyssal Embrace
  8. Blood & Soul
  9. Iron Hoard
  10. Swarm of the Matriarch
Races give a free Novice rank in one matching School.

Step 4: Select Starting Kinks​

Choose 3–5 Kinks from the Master Kink Chart. At least one should match your race’s common affinities.
Examples of strong starting combinations:
  • Lupari → Knotting, Scent Marking, Dominance, Predator/Prey
  • Arachni → Bondage, Venom Play, Oviposition
  • Gelari → Envelopment, Overstimulation, Cum Inflation
  • Succari → Corruption, Energy Drain, Exhibitionism
You may also define 1–2 Hard Limits.

Step 5: Background & Origin​

Write a short background (3–6 sentences) covering:
  • Where you come from
  • Why you are entering the wider conflicts of Karn
  • One significant past relationship, rivalry, or heat event
Optionally choose a Background Package that grants a skill proficiency, a minor item, or a social connection (Pack Member, Temple Acolyte, Border Scout, Exiled Broodling, Rift Wanderer, etc.).

Step 6: Finishing Details​

  • Hit Points: Constitution score + racial bonus (if any) at 1st tier
  • Speed & Size: As per race
  • Equipment: Starting gear appropriate to background + one personal item with mild sentimental or erotic significance
  • Appearance: Note distinctive physical traits (fur pattern, scale color, tail type, knot/ridge details, visible mutations, etc.) — for roleplay and scene description
  • Name & Concept: A clear one-line concept helps (e.g., “Exiled Lupari alpha seeking a new pack through dominance” or “Curious Gelari explorer tasting every heat she can find”)
Once these six steps are complete, your character is ready.
 
Had to condense a lot for word count. My bestiary got me kicked off the original thread.

Ask any questions. I wouldn't mind a playtest.

I haven't incurred any wrath in a bit.
Furries should do it.
 
Back
Top