Any birdwatchers?

I saw more cranes this morning. They flew lower than before so they were easy to see. There were probably about 40 or 50 of them, flying in a nearly perfect "V" shape.
 
Wild Geese honked their way through yesterday morning and again this morning. Moving like a bomber wing, dropping their loads as they go! Seriously, they shit as they go!
 
Wild Geese honked their way through yesterday morning and again this morning. Moving like a bomber wing, dropping their loads as they go! Seriously, they shit as they go!
If they had to land first every time, from 1000 to 5000 get up, it would take them about five years to get there. 😄

Odd though. In all the years I've lived in goose country (about 70) and all the migrating flocks I've watched overhead, I've never yet seen goose shit falling out of the sky. I wonder if it disintegrates of the way down... Becomes just that much more air pollution ...?
 
There's a pond near my folks' house. Believe me when I tell you, some of that shit finds the cars, sidewalks, and a lawn ornament or two, as they aren't all that high up when they do it.
If they had to land first every time, from 1000 to 5000 get up, it would take them about five years to get there. 😄

Odd though. In all the years I've lived in goose country (about 70) and all the migrating flocks I've watched overhead, I've never yet seen goose shit falling out of the sky. I wonder if it disintegrates of the way down... Becomes just that much more air pollution ...?
 
There's a pond near my folks' house. Believe me when I tell you, some of that shit finds the cars, sidewalks, and a lawn ornament or two, as they aren't all that high up when they do it.
Oh I believe you. I've seen the mess they can leave behind. I was just pondering the high elevation migratory flights...
 
Well, I don't know, they reach terminal velocity, so how much is left with the windshear ripping it to pieces. Wouldn't that spread it out as well? :unsure:
Oh I believe you. I've seen the mess they can leave behind. I was just pondering the high elevation migratory flights...
 
Back
Top