Are you serious?

I'm echoing Glynndah, Karma is a bitch, but she looks good in high heeled boots.
 
I think the only thing GG wants is to make sure he really is dead-- I doubt she cares much how. If he OD'd, his family will never admit it.


You're probably right. Still, the circumstances might change in the future, and it's a good idea to be prepared.
 
You're probably right. Still, the circumstances might change in the future, and it's a good idea to be prepared.

People faking their own deaths, you read about it all the time. But aren't large indemnities usually involved? And didn't he try to knock off GG after he'd taken out a policy on her to begin with?
 
People faking their own deaths, you read about it all the time. But aren't large indemnities usually involved? And didn't he try to knock off GG after he'd taken out a policy on her to begin with?

I read about such things now and then, but it's not all that common. Usually, it's an insurance fraud or somebody who wants to get out of a sticky situation. That last might apply here. If GG can show he did try to kill her to collect insurance, he would be in deep doodoo. Perhaps he could fake his own death to trick her into backing off. That would explain why his friends and family were unresponsive.
 
People faking their own deaths, you read about it all the time. But aren't large indemnities usually involved? And didn't he try to knock off GG after he'd taken out a policy on her to begin with?

He did. He had a policy that he would get $50,000 if I should die in a vehicle. Gotta love that puny amount for a human life.

And the only "assets" my ex had were debts. I'm actually most likely going to have to go into bancruptcy, because I still have my medical bills I was trying to get put on him in the divorce. The divorce was never finalized, just paperwork showing there was one going on.

honestly, if my math is right, our combined debts from the marriage and everything is around $100,000 or more.


The stupid ass probably thought they were going to just give him $50,000 and he not have to pay for my funeral expenses.
 
He did. He had a policy that he would get $50,000 if I should die in a vehicle. Gotta love that puny amount for a human life.

And the only "assets" my ex had were debts. I'm actually most likely going to have to go into bancruptcy, because I still have my medical bills I was trying to get put on him in the divorce. The divorce was never finalized, just paperwork showing there was one going on.

honestly, if my math is right, our combined debts from the marriage and everything is around $100,000 or more.


The stupid ass probably thought they were going to just give him $50,000 and he not have to pay for my funeral expenses.

There ought to be some legal way to get out from under all that.
 
go to legacy.com and enter his name. when they can't find an obit click on the social security tab and it will show if a death certificate was filed with ss.
 
go to legacy.com and enter his name. when they can't find an obit click on the social security tab and it will show if a death certificate was filed with ss.

This case does have some suspicious aspects. If anything funny is going on, might as well try to nip it in the bud.
 
go to legacy.com and enter his name. when they can't find an obit click on the social security tab and it will show if a death certificate was filed with ss.

wow, there it is!

dob, dod and name matches

thanks a lot!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxygoddess
He did. He had a policy that he would get $50,000 if I should die in a vehicle. Gotta love that puny amount for a human life.

And the only "assets" my ex had were debts. I'm actually most likely going to have to go into bancruptcy, because I still have my medical bills I was trying to get put on him in the divorce. The divorce was never finalized, just paperwork showing there was one going on.

honestly, if my math is right, our combined debts from the marriage and everything is around $100,000 or more.


The stupid ass probably thought they were going to just give him $50,000 and he not have to pay for my funeral expenses.


There ought to be some legal way to get out from under all that.

Bankruptcy is one way. The husband's debts that predated the marriage should also not be your obligation. If you are really broke and lacking insurance, you might be able to get Medicare to pay for the medical bills.

GG, he may not have had to pay your funeral expenses. I don't believe Potter's Field charges anything. :eek:
 
Yep. Good idea.

Call me suspicious, but if he's caused trouble for other people too it would be a great way for him to get out of town.

But can you get a copy? I've done that with historical research before, paid to get copies of birth/death certificates from the county, but the people died 60 years ago. Are more recent certificates available to just anyone?
It's a matter of pubic record, you pay a fee and they give you a copy. There are no laws in place to prevent anyone from obtaining a copy death, marriage, birth certificates, police reports, court procedings that are a matter of public record. Except where such records concern a minor.

So if anyone gives her trouble about a copy of the death certificate all she had to do is started waving the Freedom of Information Act in their face.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor
go to legacy.com and enter his name. when they can't find an obit click on the social security tab and it will show if a death certificate was filed with ss.


wow, there it is!

dob, dod and name matches

thanks a lot!

Don't take the accuracy of that too much for granted. If he's really trying to skip out, it could be bogus. I doubt if SS checks too carefully.

As still his legally married wife, you have every right to a death certificate and a report of autopsy and any other medical and/or legal or hospital records.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor
go to legacy.com and enter his name. when they can't find an obit click on the social security tab and it will show if a death certificate was filed with ss.




Don't take the accuracy of that too much for granted. If he's really trying to skip out, it could be bogus. I doubt if SS checks too carefully.

As still his legally married wife, you have every right to a death certificate and a report of autopsy and any other medical and/or legal or hospital records.

Some people, you can't be sure they're dead until the body starts to stink.
 
Some people, you can't be sure they're dead until the body starts to stink.

I know, I even said "I'll make sure it's him even if I have to exume the body myself.


and my bf joked "so you can stake him in the heart just for safe measure?"
 
You're still legally his wife and no one told you when he died?

That's pretty screwed up.
 
If in fact he is dead and that is his grave, drink a quart of Mountain Dew and go piss on it. ;)

Good riddance to bad rubbish. :mad:
 
I know, I even said "I'll make sure it's him even if I have to exume the body myself.


and my bf joked "so you can stake him in the heart just for safe measure?"

-chuckles- well if you're gonna go that route...the old Romanians recommend a stake through the heart, cut off the head, and stuff the mouth with garlic.
 
Amsterdam Dreams

Congratulations... I guess... Strange situation.... and the best of luck going forward.

I'm far from being a lawyer, but I would think that you have a chance at writing off some of this debt onto his estate(sic).... Any life insurance that wasn't on you? What about a Social Security Death benefit?

And... just curious.. what happened to his stuff your were trying to unload?

-KC
 
You're still legally his wife and no one told you when he died?

That's pretty screwed up.

yeah, the divorce proceedings were still being debated, and no one told me anything, I've been waiting to hear from his lawyer again to see where the case was.

If in fact he is dead and that is his grave, drink a quart of Mountain Dew and go piss on it. ;)

Good riddance to bad rubbish. :mad:

I told everyone I was going to get a jar of "apple juice" and "ceremoniously dump it on his grave" and I was told "while your at it, ceremoniously dump tootsie rolls on it" :devil:

-chuckles- well if you're gonna go that route...the old Romanians recommend a stake through the heart, cut off the head, and stuff the mouth with garlic.

exactly! never can be too careful!

Congratulations... I guess... Strange situation.... and the best of luck going forward.

I'm far from being a lawyer, but I would think that you have a chance at writing off some of this debt onto his estate(sic).... Any life insurance that wasn't on you? What about a Social Security Death benefit?

And... just curious.. what happened to his stuff your were trying to unload?

-KC

I don't know, all I know is that his only assets were debts. I know which debts were from the marriage (bills, the truck, etc) but other than that, I really don't know. ANd I will look into the social secuirty thing.

We gave it to his dad, who had us unload it in the driveway and then he started to pick though it without another word.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top