Attractive Words for Testicles (DON'T EXIST)

That's hilarious. So many old fairy tales, and even kid's cartoons back in the day, had hidden sexual innuendos in them.
Not to go too far into my lectures in the Anthropology of Sex, but it's frequently more than innuendo, though often metaphoric. Both Pinocchio and its gender-inversion, Little Red Riding Hood, are tales of youths learning to control their sexuality in order to become socially respected, responsible adults. For the boy, his nose is the metaphor for his penis - remember all those embarrassing erections as we males went through puberty, and for the girl, that organ of pure pleasure nestled away under a fold of flesh - the clitoris in its little red hood.

I'm sorely tempted to go on; I do miss my students and my course, and tend to lecture even in my retirement.
 
Last edited:
Balls mostly, or testes occasionally. Scrotum to my mind means something big and hanging down, like dog's balls, and the word is ugly to my eye. Besides, my balls don't do that, so I write what I know.
 
Well, just for the record, the Latin root (no pun intended) was ‘testis’, meaning ‘witness’ (think that through). Other English words following that include ‘testament’ and ‘testify’.

There you go, your UFI for the day.

Oh, did anybody mention the term ‘eggs’?
 
Last edited:
Testes is a bit medical but sounds better than testicles.
Nads is very laddish (where I am, anyhow).
Package is a nice euphemism. Someone's probably going to tell me that 'meat and two veg' isn't used outside Britain, but I rather like that one.
We use meat and two veg in Australia too...a fair slab of our slang is imported from the "mother country"...
 
We use meat and two veg in Australia too...a fair slab of our slang is imported from the "mother country"...
Also flange and lady curtains for female genitalia (there are worse expressions, but I won't go there). Well, I will, but not to see what's out the window ;).
 
Surprised not to see "knackers" yet. Australians occasionally use "Jatz crackers" as rhyming slang (it's a type of savory biscuit) but I don't think that one extends beyond these shores.
 
This is making me realize that "knackered" does not refer to the sort of exhaustion that I thought it did.

Might, though; an older use of "knacker" was "the person who scraps old ships," which was done at a knacker's yard. So to be knackered meant to be utterly used up.

OP, it depends on the narrator in my case. I've not yet used "goolies," but I've always intended to.
 
Not to go too far into my lectures in the Anthropology of Sex, but it's frequently more than innuendo, though often metaphoric. Both Pinocchio and its gender-inversion, Little Red Riding Hood, are tales of youths learning to control their sexuality in order to become socially respected, responsible adults. For the boy, his nose is the metaphor for his penis - remember all those embarrassing erections as we males went through puberty, and for the girl, that organ of pure pleasure nestled away under a fold of flesh - the clitoris in its little red hood.

I'm sorely tempted to go on; I do miss my students and my course, and tend to lecture even in my retirement.
@Tio_Narratore , it's something for "Reviews & Essays".
 
One of those things where it depends on who's talking, although I've never worried about making them sound cute or erotic. I'm not even sure if I even mention them like that.
 
Back
Top