Consentual Unbirth

Okay, I've been a little secretive about this since I wanted to get done before I bragged "I'm doing my own UB story!"

This way it wouldn't get hexed, sidetracked by something else.

So, I WAS doing my own UB story, and now it is done. Now I need a place to put the file because it is not edited AT ALL and is just a guide to what will be done with the main story line. (And the story line is fairly long and involved.) The characters in this morsel may not even be in the final story. It's certainly not intended as a Lit submission.
 
Just occurred to me- wouldn't the term more properly be "de-birth?"
Jaq, thank you for your in depth, haha, study of a truly unusual fetish!
 
Just occurred to me- wouldn't the term more properly be "de-birth?"
Jaq, thank you for your in depth, haha, study of a truly unusual fetish!
If someone can find me a temporary place to put my first UB story that doesn't call for a full blown Lit submission, I'll toss it there for people here to read. :)
 
If someone can find me a temporary place to put my first UB story that doesn't call for a full blown Lit submission, I'll toss it there for people here to read. :)

Post it on STORY - link in sig. There are 'private rooms' when readers can help edit/crit without the story being publically seen or searchable until you are ready to post.

I'm up for reading... but right now, it's dark here ;)
 
Did anyone mention the un-birthing scene in Neil Gaiman's American Gods? That usually gets brought up on any thread on unbirthing.

There was also a tale in an old (70's, early 80's?) horror film where a cowboy came across a pregnant girl wandering the plains. The girl turned out not to be pregnant, he made his advances... and the story ended up with newly pregnant girl wandering the plains. Can't remember the name of the film (Ghost stories from the prairie or something like that I think) though.
 
Last edited:
Post it on STORY - link in sig. There are 'private rooms' when readers can help edit/crit without the story being publically seen or searchable until you are ready to post.

I'm up for reading... but right now, it's dark here ;)
Bah, gotta wait for the admins to approve me. :(
 
Did anyone mention the un-birthing scene in Neil Gaiman's American Gods? That usually gets brought up on any thread on unbirthing.
Probably because that's the only one most of us has ever read.
 
I tread innocently into the light... or is it dark? Never realised this genre existed :rolleyes:
 
Eleusian mystagogia? What is that?
From the internet:
Mystagogia: a Greek word meaning "education in the mysteries". It describes the life of a Christian believer after baptism and the first initiation rites - that is, the growth of the mind and heart in the ancient Christian faith.

Mix that with Eleusian as in Eleusian mysteries which were the Greek mysteries revolving around Demeter and her daughter Kore's (or Persephone's) descent into the underworld and rebirth, and you have the idea here of "Walking the path" or learning the deeper myths and meanings of death/rebirth stories. That is, extending out from the Eleusian mystery to any story involving a journey into the land of the dead and subsequent return/rebirth.

In a way, all stories or death and resurrection are just tales of "unbirth." The tomb or grave or underworld become a womb for the adult who enters it, gestates there, and is "reborn" as something new and transformed.
 
The Unbirth/Rebirth myth explained by 3113 isn't confined to Greek civilisation. It has been found in Africa and parts of Polynesia as a coming-of-age ceremony sometimes only for males but also for both sexes to mark the transition from childhood to being a full member of the society.

One African tribe used to insist that the son be reborn into adulthood by emerging from under his mother's skirts. If his natural mother was dead he would consider the substitute as his "mother" for the rest of her life and would have to support her even before his own wife and children.

Og

PS: I found another Yahoo Adult group today:

Armpit & Pubic Hair Lovers of Indiana abbreviated to aphl.

I thought that fetish was confined to Southern India.
 
much thanks to 3113

The Unbirth/Rebirth myth explained by 3113 isn't confined to Greek civilisation. It has been found in Africa and parts of Polynesia as a coming-of-age ceremony sometimes only for males but also for both sexes to mark the transition from childhood to being a full member of the society.

One African tribe used to insist that the son be reborn into adulthood by emerging from under his mother's skirts. If his natural mother was dead he would consider the substitute as his "mother" for the rest of her life and would have to support her even before his own wife and children.

Og
That is definitely an unbirth-related ritual.

Unbirth can sometimes have an element of reincarnation/rebirth, especially where age regression is concerned. Ogg and I both seem to zero in on the transformation/restoration aspect. I'm not so much into age regression; but it is definitely a strong element of UB.

PS: I found another Yahoo Adult group today:

Armpit & Pubic Hair Lovers of Indiana abbreviated to aphl.

I thought that fetish was confined to Southern India.
Is that a subgroup of the hirsuite fetish?
 
Okiedokies. I'm putting up the rough draft there.

http://www.probablepossible.com/story/blog.php?u=90&b=21

I hope that one is private.

If the story has continuity issues or errors, please tell me so I can edit them. I already had some readers on another forum debate the oil hauling issue so I threw in helium-3 as well. :)

The link worked, though if you want to keep it 'private', posting a link here doesn't help :D

Your post cannot be searched in the normal sense of 'googling' but you have opened it to all of Lit to read. If that wasn't your intention... remove the link.

The 'private blogs' should be accessible only my STORY members, but you can lock them down to keep even that content private. The idea was to provide a forum where contentious issues might be discussed beyond the gaze of the merely curious or easily outraged.

The way STORY works is that either Stella or me (will amado) can grant access to your 'private blog' to any registered STORY member at your request. It may be cumbersome but there are good reasons for controlling access. For example, nothing any salacious nature can be posted on Lit involving under eighteen's, real life doesn't hold those boundaries, neither should some stories where past incident is crucial to the tale. We cannot discuss those issues on Lit, but we can on STORY as long as it is in the form of peer critique.

What ever you decide, I'll give it a read and add my thoughts.
 
The link worked, though if you want to keep it 'private', posting a link here doesn't help :D

Your post cannot be searched in the normal sense of 'googling' but you have opened it to all of Lit to read. If that wasn't your intention... remove the link.

The 'private blogs' should be accessible only my STORY members, but you can lock them down to keep even that content private. The idea was to provide a forum where contentious issues might be discussed beyond the gaze of the merely curious or easily outraged.

The way STORY works is that either Stella or me (will amado) can grant access to your 'private blog' to any registered STORY member at your request. It may be cumbersome but there are good reasons for controlling access. For example, nothing any salacious nature can be posted on Lit involving under eighteen's, real life doesn't hold those boundaries, neither should some stories where past incident is crucial to the tale. We cannot discuss those issues on Lit, but we can on STORY as long as it is in the form of peer critique.

What ever you decide, I'll give it a read and add my thoughts.
Actually I don't know what I was thinking when I said I hope that was private.

Please, by all means, give it a read, I know for sure another draft is coming though.
 
Man, one of the very first stories I read on the internet was a UB story, it was on alt.sex.stories, and I've been looking for it again all week but I can't seem to find it again.

It was pretty freaky, but kinda cool.
 
I've posted comments on the first part as I've read. (the good and the not so good ;))
I'm not sure how many people can see it, where it is. I might move it, if you agree, to 3 Chapters, open it to other STORY members.
I've read your commentaries and it's obvious I need to fix some things first before it goes to prime time. After that, yeah, I'm ready for it to move.
 
My current Earth Day entry Saving the Planet Tripletit includes some unbirthing.

Latest rating is 3.00. I'll win my own last place competition if that sort of voting continues. :rolleyes:

Og
You've got to be kidding me. The unbirth sub-genre itself has to be putting people off.

Sandra Sallysdaughter... does that suggest a matrilineal surnaming system? Awesome, and seamless, too. It slips right by the un-intellectual mind without ever making a statement.

This borders on world-building style writing. It's definitely worthy of being a top contender no matter what you're competing against.
 
I've got to wonder whether the whole unbirthing concept is actually erotic at all. It seems to me to qualify more as horror. There's very little of the pleasure principle involved
 
I've got to wonder whether the whole unbirthing concept is actually erotic at all. It seems to me to qualify more as horror. There's very little of the pleasure principle involved
That depends on how it's approached.

I make it where, physically speaking, people who like it can live to enjoy it (and recommend it to others :catroar: ) :D

Others make it so it's the end of someone's existence...
 
Back
Top