Consentual Unbirth

I've got to wonder whether the whole unbirthing concept is actually erotic at all. It seems to me to qualify more as horror. There's very little of the pleasure principle involved
What if people get off on the idea?
 
What if people get off on the idea?

Yeah, since I said that I've been trying to refine what I mean. I don't mean that it's not erotic, because of course it is. Even death is erotic. It's not erotic in a genital sense though. It's more erotic like death is, like ego submission is. I don't know that it has a physical or sensual dimension to it. Regular sex is the tension between autonomy and fusion, between dependence and independence. This goes all the way.

There's a theory that holds that, contrary to the usual idea of female meaning life and male meaning death, the female principle is ecstasy and obliteration and death and the male principle is logic and consciousness and life, and this seems to fit pretty well with that view. This is the willing plunge of the body back into female chaos and indifferentiation; the abdication of independence by returning to the mother. It's almost Kabbalistic or religious. Or maybe we should say anti-religious.
 
I think Campbell's first volume of The Masks of God agrees with your assessment.

About female to male symbology, I mean.
 
Yeah, since I said that I've been trying to refine what I mean. I don't mean that it's not erotic, because of course it is. Even death is erotic. It's not erotic in a genital sense though. It's more erotic like death is, like ego submission is. I don't know that it has a physical or sensual dimension to it. Regular sex is the tension between autonomy and fusion, between dependence and independence. This goes all the way.

There's a theory that holds that, contrary to the usual idea of female meaning life and male meaning death, the female principle is ecstasy and obliteration and death and the male principle is logic and consciousness and life, and this seems to fit pretty well with that view. This is the willing plunge of the body back into female chaos and indifferentiation; the abdication of independence by returning to the mother. It's almost Kabbalistic or religious. Or maybe we should say anti-religious.
And I say discard all of that; men and women both share in the life and death process. This is EXACTLY why I created a new unbirth scenario of rejuvenation and increased life span, not to mention mutual benefit.
 
I remember an old sci fi story where there's a planet with giant plants on it that suck humans inside and supply them with all the nutrients they need but slowly absorb them into the plant's system and then use their consciousness The story followed one astronaut who was slowly being absorbed as he fused with the plant.

I guess that was a form of this kind of fantasy. I remember he referred to the plant as "Mother".

I went and read that Claymore Mine of a story. For those who are curious, it's basically about a witch swallowing a little girl, told in very graphic sensual detail about swallowing her whole, of what the girl experiences as she passes through the witch's mouth and gullet and into her stomach. It's pretty disgusting and disturbing and wasn't what I expected, because she retains her consciousness as a separate entity. Is that usual for this type of story?
 
I remember an old sci fi story where there's a planet with giant plants on it that suck humans inside and supply them with all the nutrients they need but slowly absorb them into the plant's system and then use their consciousness The story followed one astronaut who was slowly being absorbed as he fused with the plant.

I guess that was a form of this kind of fantasy. I remember he referred to the plant as "Mother".

I went and read that Claymore Mine of a story. For those who are curious, it's basically about a witch swallowing a little girl, told in very graphic sensual detail about swallowing her whole, of what the girl experiences as she passes through the witch's mouth and gullet and into her stomach. It's pretty disgusting and disturbing and wasn't what I expected, because she retains her consciousness as a separate entity. Is that usual for this type of story?
Yes and no. She didn't retain her consciousness for long, from what I gathered. In that sense, it's quite common for this genre. Quite often the gruesome painful details are laid out. If you ever wanted to know where implied horror was most applicable - this screams for it.

And I'm betting that you have nooooo idea how far that particular rabbit hole goes. If you have the cojones to go see, go to www.felarya.com. This guy is an artist and does pictures here. But if that one with the witch disturbed you, beware, you ain't seen nothin yet.

This voreaphilia stuff was the OTHER major inspiration for my unbirth stories - to present unbirth as the opposite of this horrendous act, in fact the moral enemy thereof...
 
Tick tock tick tock.

The first five chapters of "Siluvara Files" - the "Reciprocity" chapters - are slowly coming here to Lit.

Just waiting for approval and posting of the first submission... :)
 
There is a French novel - Rosa by Maurice Pons, available in an English translation.

It is an interesting read.

Try searching abebooks for copies.

Og
 
There is a French novel - Rosa by Maurice Pons, available in an English translation.

It is an interesting read.

Try searching abebooks for copies.

Og
Please tell me it's in English... they don't even say what the book is about. :(

BTW "Siluvara Files" is up now. :D
 
Please tell me it's in English... they don't even say what the book is about. :(

BTW "Siluvara Files" is up now. :D

Hey, since I know you have knowledge of weird fetishes (no offense) check out my "Is This Erotic" thread. People have commented, but few really know much about it. Do you?
 
Hey, since I know you have knowledge of weird fetishes (no offense) check out my "Is This Erotic" thread. People have commented, but few really know much about it. Do you?
I've seen pics of guys splitting their willy open and putting piercings in there. I do not for the life of me understand what makes that erotic. That goes under "there's a fetish for everyone".

Unbirth, on the other hand, hits several metaphoric branches of the tree known religions, mythos and fantasy concepts, on its way down to the printed page.
 
Please tell me it's in English... they don't even say what the book is about. :(

BTW "Siluvara Files" is up now. :D

It is available in English translated by Richard Howard.

Beware of copies from Canada - most of them are in the original French.

Og

Edited for PS. The subtitle is: Rosa: A Faithful Chronicle of the Events which Occurred during the Last Century in the Principality of Waskelham, including Revelations as to the Strange Power of one Rosa, who Unknown to Herself made Happy the Most Miserable of Men,
Pons, Maurice
 
Back
Top