Doesn't Bush learn anything...ever!!

The Brits dull and boring?? Nawww, I personally loved reading about their election for the new Conservative leader. Portillo was a rather interesting figure I must say. And wasn't there a guy on trial for perjury?? I doubt p_p_man lacks leaders over in Britain who are interesting.

As to why he cares, I believe Chuckus said, Bush is the
Leader of the Free Frickin World
. Debate the reality of the statement, the US foreign policy and whatnot, but essentially, that's why p_p_man gives a damn.
 
Ok, SweetNick i'll buy that answer. but, i must say that considering the people we've had running for president in the last thirty years i could understand why the rest of the free world might not sleep to well at night!
 
fgarvb1 said:
why do you give a hoot and holler in hell about what bush says?

hell... i voted for him and i don't care as much as you do.

Because he is the type of politician I don't think should be in charge. Maggie Thatcher was our equivalent this side of the Atlantic. She was clearly not playing with a full deck of cards and grew to belive in her own invincibility. Exactly the route Bush is beginning to go down.

This is the best Bulletin Board I've come across and with a majority of American posters it gives me the opportunity to point out that there are other points of view in the world which may be at conflict with what people in America are thinking.

On my side I've also learned and have become closer to the "feel" of America and Americans through the political posts. As an aside, over here when I'm meeting my friends for a pint and a chat, my views are more sought after than others because I come here and see how you all feel. My British friends don'r have that advantage and usually just repeat what they read in the UK papers or see on TV. My outlook too has become more balanced.

LOL what makes you think I would cause trouble?? The only thing I would hope is that you do care enough to criticise those who we vote in as our representatives if they don't do what you think they should. Even if you voted for them.

Politicians are very quick to think that silence is agreement...


:)
 
p_p_man you have been known to light off a flame thrower before and i can be taken wrong real easy.

i must confess that i vote for who i think, of the people running for office that will not do the worst job. in this case this is the first time i ever or has anyone {as for as i know} in my family voted for a republican. some time ago i took a good long look at things and decieded to vote that way regardless of what party i belonged to.
 
What pp means -

Is that Bush is cheerleading too much. After all those months of nothing but shite, he's out in front of a big parade, and everybody loves him. Normally this would be an excellent thing. But: 1) His father had a 91% popularity rating about 1 1/2 years before he got whipped with a 37% rating at election time; 2) the economy was falling into recession 8 days ago, and now it's plummeting into global recession 3) His AVOWED task - finding and wholly eliminating this terrorist network - may well be impossible, and the expenditures it will involve will not remotely be sufficient to jazz the economy. Bush is sweating, which is appropriate.

When I imagine Gore in the same position, I don't see much, either. I think he'd be very popular, however. Americans really look for leadership at times like this. Why not?

Stylistically, Bush is repeating his best lines too much, playing to the converted, scaring the allies with his bloody minded talk. he looks too HAPPY when he's talking about stewardesses getting their throats cut. He's a lightweight trying to look heavy, and it won't fool the foreigners. He and crew had better come up with some serious proof and a damned good strategy.

Put another way, did FDR keep repeating his line about fearing only fear itself? Nah, he left it for the history books. Bush should drop the one-liners for a while.
 
p_p_man said:

Trouble is you can almost see his unconrolled glee at the ratings he's getting in the polls. :mad:

Now I'M mad. I don't think you can find a tape of Bush at any time in the last week showing him with an emotion of "unconrolled (sic) glee." Sorrow, determination, resolve. But NOT glee! We are in mourning over here, ppman. You won't find glee on too many faces, let alone the man who is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders right now.

Your comment is insulting, but I don't know why I am surprised. I should expect it from you by now.
 
lavender said:
I am supportive of Bush now. I think that I should be. I have faith in Powell.

But, today I heard something that bothered me from his mouth. It seemed infantile.

"these, these, these, these, evildoers."

It sounded a lot like, "You, you, you, scoundrel."


Have you seen this tape?
It is probably from when he arrived back at the White House Sunday afternoon, as he said something like that then.

I see it differently. I think Bush is going out of his way to emphasize the "evildoers" (terrorists) are who we are after, not all Muslims, etc. And isn't that what everyone has been complaining they want to hear from him?

Listen to Billy Graham again from Friday's prayer service in Washington. I believe he read a passage from the bible about "evildoers."
 
Cheyenne said:


Now I'M mad. I don't think you can find a tape of Bush at any time in the last week showing him with an emotion of "unconrolled (sic) glee."....But NOT glee! We are in mourning over here, ppman...You won't find glee on too many faces...


What I said:

"Trouble is you can almost see his unconrolled glee at the ratings he's getting in the polls."

Haven't you noticed a different Bush? One with more confidence in himself? One who holds himself more upright? That underlying smile that always seems on the point of breaking through at his press conferences?

I have.

:(

And we're not?


:(
 
Whatever Bush does he does too much. And things that go wrong are because he hasn't done enough. This is getting a little old. 99% of what is going on, the Bush bashers have no clue about. Not that they are really interested in anything but complaining.

He's speaking in an hour. Take notes PP.
 
I wasn't bashing him -

I think he's talking too much trash, which is unnecessary to rally the American people, who are extremely rallied. It's important not to spook partners in this venture: If they disagree with Washington's plans, that's one thing, but for them to lose faith because of some off-the-cuff remarks would be very unfortunate. He's had some good lines, and then he just repeats them in a shotgun way. He should speak softly and firmly and carry a big and well-directed stick.
 
p_p_man said:



And Chuckus and a few others...there is a distinct difference between being the Prime Suspect and being the Accused. What's Bush going to do next? Pass out white hats for the good guys and black hats for bad?

:mad:

Well in IMHO, Since it appears to be Bid Laden, Walks like Bin Laden, Talks like Bin Laden, hmmmmmmmmm it must be Bin Laden eh?

Unfortunately, given some of the statements that both the Taliban and Bin Laden have been quoted with as saying in the last week or so..........no I personally do not have any evidence that supports that Bin Laden did it, yet all the roads lead to him? Coincidence or not? I think not. Do I think he acted completely alone? No. Who else then helped him? Iraq for one.........not the people but the gov't.

If you want to see the statements I am refering to.......I will dig up the old posts and show it to you. It has to do with the Taliban Gov't saying that Bin Laden was notin Afghanastan yet when Bin Duke Head released and was quoted he said he was in Afghanastan and had "swore" allegiance to the Taliban......hmmmmmmm telling lies to cover lies?

and yes ppman, just because your a prime suspect does not always mean you did it, but in this case..........I see guilt written all over it.
 
SweetNick said:
As to why he cares, I believe Chuckus said,

I think Dubba is doing a fine job...........could be better could be worse but you know what? He is the Leader of the Free Frickin World..........ain't perfecct, he is human you know?

Debate the reality of the statement, the US foreign policy and whatnot, but essentially, that's why p_p_man gives a damn.

I dunno what you want to debate about it.........IMHO the President of the United States of America IS the Leader of the Free World.........what do you want to debate about it?
 
p_p_man said:

What I said:

"Trouble is you can almost see his unconrolled glee at the ratings he's getting in the polls."

Haven't you noticed a different Bush? One with more confidence in himself? One who holds himself more upright? That underlying smile that always seems on the point of breaking through at his press conferences?

I have.
:(

No, I haven't noticed an underlying smile that would indicate "uncontrolled glee at the ratings he's getting in the polls."

It is that phrase "uncontrolled glee" that I believe is insulting.
Bush is in mourning, just like the rest of us. I think he'd probably do almost anything if he could only ondo the tragedy from last Tuesday. That is what I see in his face.
 
As a PS to my last post.

Now the mayor of New York (Guilliano?) is a different man altogether.

He comes across as a politician who has been deeply affected by what's happened in his city, but he also comes across as a politician who is doing his damndest to get things moving again.

His press conferences are models of restraint and construction.

So I suppose there are politicians and politicians...


:(
 
96 bottles of beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer, Take one down pass it around, 95 bottles of beer on the wall




I just realized another song may be more appropriate......


This is the song that never ends,p_p_man's endless Bush bashing threads
Some people started reading it,
Not knowing what it was,
Now they'll go on reading it forever just because

This is the song that never ends, p_p_man's endless Bush bashing threads.........................
 
Chuckus said:


Debate the reality of the statement, the US foreign policy and whatnot, but essentially, that's why p_p_man gives a damn.

I dunno what you want to debate about it.........IMHO the President of the United States of America IS the Leader of the Free World.........what do you want to debate about it? [/B][/QUOTE]

I won't. Its not worth it right now.
 
94 bottles of beer on the wall, 94 bottles of beer, Take one down pass it around,

93 bottles of beer...


:)
 
Giuliani, pp -

p_p_man said:
His press conferences are models of restraint and construction.
So I suppose there are politicians and politicians...:(
Yes, he's been good this week. But you shoulda seen the presds conference where he dumped his wife on national TV without first informing her. Or the ones where he labelled a criminal a man who was shot by the police for angrily refusing to sell them drugs, which was not his profession. Or his refusal to meet with any black elected politicans for YEARS as mayor. He's one of the weirdest pols I've ever seen, and you have only seen him at his best. His worst is the darkest mirror image of this one.
 
Chuckus said:


I dunno what you want to debate about it.........IMHO the President of the United States of America IS the Leader of the Free World.........what do you want to debate about it?

Originally posted by Sweet Nick

I won't. Its not worth it right now.

So Nick you open a can of worms and appear to have this idea you want to debate and then when someone calls you on it, you walk? Sup with that............if you have something to say, say it.

IMHO whether it is Carter, Nixon, Ford, Bush, Reagan, Bush or FDR the President of the United States is the Leader of the Free World. IMHO political affiliation has nothing to do with it.

I don't get it, you open the can of worms and walk?
 
Last edited:
p_p_man said:
94 bottles of beer on the wall, 94 bottles of beer, Take one down pass it around,

93 bottles of beer...


:)

93 bottles of beer on the wall, 93 bottles of beer, Take one down, pass it around............. 92 bottles of beer on the wall.
 
I typically don't involve myself with political threads, however, upon reading this one I feel compelled to comment. For what it's worth, not once have I gotten the impression that Bush is exuding anything remotely close to what has been described as "glee".

What I see in Bush right now is a man who isn't battling Rep vs Dem as we saw awhile back during the election. The majority of Americans are backing him 100%...and with such an enormous amount of support, who wouldn't appear more confident? Americans have come together as a whole...there is no "us and them" within the US in that respect.

As far as the amount of time Bush has spent reiterating his points and keeping himself out in the public eye, my opinion is that he's trying to drive home the message that he isn't going into hiding in fear of his life, hence the terrorists have not intimidated him.

Of course this is just my lil' ol' opinion and more than likely the only post I'll make on the subject.



92 bottles of beer on the wall, 92 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around............. 91 bottles of beer on the wall.
 
91 bottles of beer on the wall, 91 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around....shit i lost count...
 
90 bottles of beer on the wall, 90 bottles of beer, Take one down, pass it around 89 bottles of beer on the wall


:p
 
Back
Top