Forget the commentary.

Comshaw I understand your fear to use your own brain and do your own research. Finding out the truth can be scary. You are much better off without factual presentation and verification. Let others do your thinking for you. When I do ask you to go look up something you come back and basically say "Sorry, but my head in buried in the sand and I can't do the grown up "thing" and do my own work." That is the kind of thinking or "unthinking" that makes dictators happy. I'm not asking you to take what I say or anyone else without you checking out the facts and figures yourself. You are not our slave. It's much easier for you to call people names and hide from the real world than to be a grown up and a free person and responsible for yourself. Maybe you want to be a slave, but that is stupid. I am sorry for that last statement, but who you are and what you are is your responsibility not mine or anyone else's.
 
Comshaw I understand your fear to use your own brain and do your own research. Finding out the truth can be scary. You are much better off without factual presentation and verification. Let others do your thinking for you. When I do ask you to go look up something you come back and basically say "Sorry, but my head in buried in the sand and I can't do the grown up "thing" and do my own work." That is the kind of thinking or "unthinking" that makes dictators happy. I'm not asking you to take what I say or anyone else without you checking out the facts and figures yourself. You are not our slave. It's much easier for you to call people names and hide from the real world than to be a grown up and a free person and responsible for yourself. Maybe you want to be a slave, but that is stupid. I am sorry for that last statement, but who you are and what you are is your responsibility not mine or anyone else's.
When people ask for your sources, it's so they can see information your used to make your conclusion. That way, they can read the source and agree with what you got from it or interpret that source differently.

Those who refuse to provide context are typically afraid that their sources don't mean the same to other people or believe their sources are above reproach.

In scientific method, scientists provide every single step they used to arrive at their conclusions so that other scientists can reproduce the same aspects of experiment precisely so the conclusions can be verified independently of the original experiments.

If you can't make a claim without providing sources to support that claim, then no one is required to accept that claim
 
Back
Top