Half Blood (Closed)

He felt Emily flinch, and turned to her. "You okay? Is something wrong?" he asked. before he could answer, he heard lightning, an dthen he saw a thunderbolt from the ceiling. Before it could hit anybody, a spell absorbed it, and changed the weather on the ceiling. When he looked to see who had done it, he saw Alester Moody, the new defense against the dark arts teacher.
 
She heard the lighting and didn't know what was going on, till she saw the professor behind it. Looking at Severus she sighed "I'll tell you later Severus" She said so only he could hear it. She noticed some kids looking at her, and she felt like a student all over again. A smile on her face as she picked her head up, her age easy to tell she wasn't close to thirty yet.
 
Albus then remembered something. "Also, teachers aren't allowed to enter their names into the Goblet of Fire." Everybody looked at Emily, but Severus was sure it wasn't directed towards her. The rest of the feast was quiet, and they all ate, talking to each other. Once they finished, all the students went to their dormitories. Severus and Emily had to share a room so there would be more rooms for the extra students, but he didn't mind. As they walked to their room, Severus brought up why Eily had flinched at dinner.
 
She felt the eyes on her but doubted that it was directed at her so she didn't mind, then Severus asked her what he did, and she stood up looking out the window and sighed. "I sensed something about Harry Potter, that's always been my main gift Severus. The ability to sense things from people, which is how I knew you had a secret before you told me. I think something is going to happen at this Tournament Severus, I hope to god I'm wrong but, Ive never been wrong before"
 
He heard her, and turned cold. "Well, let me share my secret. I had a dram one month ago, and the dream told me that the tournament would have very bad events. Very, very bad events. Involving Voldemort." he said, shaking from fear. "But don't worry. Harry Potter can't be chosen for the tournament. He is 14, to young to enter it." he reassured.
 
She listened to him and saw him shaking and realized just how badly he feared Voldemort. And she nodded to him "He really scares you doesn't he?" She said softly. And thought about it "Harry is special I felt it, but I hope your right" She said kindly. And hugged him "It will be alright, if your old boss comes knocking we will deal with it together alright" She stroked his cheek looking into his eyes.
 
He then realized his greater fear. "No, if Voldemort comes back, you mustn't appear to be my loved one, or else he will capture you and torture you to get to me. Let's just hope both of us are wrong, and this year won't go horribly wrong." He went to bed.
 
She looked at him "Severus we are pretty much doing that now, keeping a pure job related relationship for others to see. But I take it that you mean to pretend we are not friends just co-workers?" She watched him go to bed and she went to bed getting in beside him. Not really worrying about it now, but it was really the death eaters that she worried about.
 
Thursday, day of the choosing

"Emily, wake up! We have to go to breakfast!" When she didn't get up to that, Severus tried a different method. "Today is Thursday, the day where the Goblet chooses the champions." he waited for her to get up.
 
Emily didn't really hear him at first but then she started to open up her eyes hearing him the second time, slowly sitting up in bed she smiled at him. "Morning" She quickly got out of bed and dressed, brushing her black hair and got ready for the day. "Sorry I was so hard to wake up, happens sometimes don't know why"
 
"Oh, it's okay. You need all the sleep you can get. After all, you are gonna be a mom." Severus walked to the bathroom to get ready for breakfast. "So, any cravings or such and such lately?" he asked.
 
She smiled and then heard what he said "Yes Ive had cravings for Ice cream and chocolate, but Ive managed to control myself as I sound I could and would" She had a big smile on her face. "You seem really happy today, there something else going on today? besides the students being chosen for the triwizard tournament?"
 
"No, I'm just really excited. Come on, time fr breakfast!" He wrapped his arm into hers and waled to te feast hall. Severus sat, waiting to see f he had gotten any mail. As usual, he didn't get ny mail. But, he saw an owl drop an envelope to Emiy. "Were you expecting mail?" he asked her.
 
She watched an owl coming by and figured something would be there for Severus, but when the owl dropped it to her. She looked at him "No I don't have any more family, or friends so I have no idea" She looked at the envelop and didn't know who it was from, and she began to read it.
 
Severus didn't let it bother him, it could be just some junk mail. He, as usual, filled up hs pâté to the full, and began eating. He just hoped that today nothing would go wrong.
 
She smiled and read it "It's from Igor he wants to meet with me, catch up on things. Since we haven't talked in a very long time" Looking at him "Do you mind if I go Severus?" She wanted to ask him since she was engaged to him, she respected him she hoped he wouldn't mind since she really wanted to talk to him.
 
He was a bit reluctant to let her go see Igor, but he knew that she really wanted it, so he ace up his mind. "Oh, fine you can go see him. Just be careful. He was once a death eater, but that doesn't mean he isn't still one or something like that. When are you to meet him?"
 
She looked at him "I know about Igor's past Severus he told me when I met him, I will be able to tell if he is with them, trust me sweet heart" She whispered to him, making sure no one heard. "After breakfast talking over tea, and I'll tell you everything that is talked about and I will keep our relationship private as I always do alright?"
 
"Don't be long, we have class at 10:30." he reminded her. The rest of breakfast was un eventful, but Severus got to talk to 'Mad Eye', and found him different than he was 13 years ago. Then again, 13 years is a long time. He then remembered that some ingredients had been stolen from his closet, ingredients for Polyjuice potion.
 
She finished with her breakfast and she went to Igor's room and knocked on the door, when he opened her she smiled at him. And walked into his room and looked at him "It's been a long time Igor, I am not really surprised that your school was picked for Hogwarts to do the tournament. But tell me honestly, how are you doing my friend?" She sat down and smiled at him.
 
Severus sighed. He didn't trust Igor; there was something odd about him. Same with Mad Eye, he was different than last met. In fact, he had developed this habit with his tongue that reminded him of someone else, but he couldn't remember who.
 
She had a lot of fun with Igor and when she left she was heading for the class room to get ready. She grabbed the wall and felt really sick to her stomach, she got a flash into her head. She saw Mad Eye in her head but the mark of the death eater on his arm, she looked up "Severus..." High tailing it but stopped seeing Severus and she looked at him. She pressed herself against the wall to steady herself.
 
Severus saw Emily fall against the wall. He rushed towards her. "What? what's wrong?" He brought her into the classroom and layed her down on the couch. "What happened? Are you alright?" he asked her. He had a feeling that this involved death eaters.
 
She looked up at Severus and took a deep breath "That isn't the man you think it is Severus, it's not Mad Eye." She said looking up at him making sure no one could hear them, sighing softly she looked down. "I think I know who it is to" She said softly looking back up at him.
 
He was shocked. "What do you mean he is not Mad Eye? You haven't ever met him, so how can you tell! I bet he is just a bit different, that's all! And if it's your powers, than you must be wrong!" he cried. He just didn't want to believe that something had happened to Mad Eye. But, if it was true, he would have to believe it.
 
Back
Top