Having Second Thoughts (closed for salty_sailor)

I look down at you tentatively, wondering when and if you will begin working the magic I recalled so vividly on me with your lips. I reach down, grasping a nipple between two fingers and tweaking it lightly. Then I continue stroking my strong hands along your neck with light caresses and further down your back with stronger massages. I'm bending low over you now, and I whisper in what I hope is a comforting manner:
"Don't be shy now, it hasn't been so long."
 
Even though I have taken my sweet time, breathing in your scent, I'm now ready to taste your cock once more. Thinking back to that fateful night, I remember how much you enjoyed the way I took you down my throat. Luke never fully appreciated my skill in the blowjob department, for whatever reason. He wasn't much for that sort of intimacy, I suppose.

"Sorry... just needed a moment to take all of it in...."

Smiling up at you, I lock my eyes on yours as I lean forward to run my tongue along the underside of the head of your cock. I flick upwards to probe along the tip, tasting a few drops of precum and sighing happily. This is what I have been waiting for. Reaching my hand up to cup your balls, I squeeze ever so gently before sliding my lips over your cock, taking it down my throat in one swift movement. In a matter of seconds, you're buried in my mouth, the head of your cock pushing against the back of my throat. I gag softly, but regain my composure and hold there, letting my throat squeeze you. After a few more seconds of this, I pull off slowly, a trail of saliva connecting my lips to your cock.
 
I back slowly towards the edge of the bed, trailing you still mounded on my cock, like a leash leading a pet. I can tell that you are loath to let go, and I have no doubt that you will continue sucking and drawing closer.

Leaning backwards, I half sit, half stumble into a reclining position on the edge of the bed. There I kick off my shoes and clinging pants, spreading my legs wide for you, giving you complete access and total control.

You continue taking me deeply, pulling me all the way down your throat to have your muscles there massage my dick. If it were up to me, and not the laws of physics, I would let you swallow me entire just to have my whole body experience the feelings currently coursing through my cock. It was an uncanny skill of yours, and I had no business telling you how to work your trade.

Moaning low in my own throat, I bent over you, kissing the top of your head, down the side of your neck, nibbling on your shoulder. My hands run up and down your sides, squeezing your ribs, brushing your nipples with my thumbs, caressing your thighs.

With my mouth so close to your ear, I take it gently between my teeth and then whisper. "I will give you all of myself tonight, if that is what you wish of me."
 
Closing my eyes as you plant gentle kisses along my body, I shudder, continuing to take your cock in and out of my mouth. I go slowly now, but let you go as deep down my throat as possible, practically swallowing the head of your cock every time. For the most part, I'm okay, but every so often I gag quietly on your cock, my throat trying to eject the large intrusion. I love the feeling though, and I continue to punish myself on your dick, my mouth stretching to accomodate something so big. When you whisper in my ear, I feel my body shiver again, your words shooting straight down to my heart. What is it I feel for you that leaves me so thrilled when you show affection toward me?

Pulling slowly off your cock, the length of your member slick and shiny with my saliva, I smile up at you, biting my lip. "All of yourself?"

Standing up, I immediately straddle your lap, my pussy soaked with my own arousal. I slide up your body, the weight of my torso pushing you back onto the bed. I don't dare let you inside me yet; my pussy rests directly above your cock, your lower abdomen becoming slick with my juices. My hair hangs down around my face, framing it as I look down at you. Leaning forward, I kiss you gently, my breasts pressed tightly against your smooth chest as we lay there, horizontal on the bed. Perks of having your wedding at a nice hotel, I guess. There are beds in all the rooms, even though this one is supposed to be just a dressing room for me.

After a few more seconds lost in your lips, I pull back. "You already have all of me. I'm yours...." These are dangerous words, especially coming from a soon-to-be bride. But I can't help them. I'm enthralled with you, and everything that you are.
 
I draw away from your kiss, eyes closed and still slightly hazy from the tingling in my cock leftover from your intense kisses there too. Inhaling your scent, I open my eyes, seeing your glowing face hovering inches above me, staring into me lovingly. Other parts of you too, I feel hovering over me, ready to collapse into me, giving in to a desperate need.

My hands run up and down your back, caressing and massaging, grabbing your ass and kneading. As I do, I start kissing you again, starting at your face but working my way south. I cover your neck, your shoulder and collarbone. As I slide my body down between your thighs, my lips find your breasts and I kiss a small circle around your nipples before taking them into my mouth and swirling my tongue around the little pert knob of flesh.

I keep going down, kissing across your stomach and turning my head sideways to kiss your thighs. You sit up straight, still kneeling over me and I run my hands over your front. My head now rests directly between your legs and your pussy is staring me dead in the face. I can smell you deeply, just inches away and I want so badly to taste. My lips draw closer to their goal and desire.
 
As you kiss your way down my body, I know exactly where this is headed. I can feel your warm breath on my skin and I shudder as you traverse farther and farther. Eventually, I have to sit up, and as such am now practically sitting on your face. Looking down at you, I bite my lip, running my fingers through your soft hair.

"Mmm... Luke never... ever...."

My sex life has been drab since that night with you. Perhaps that's precisely why I haven't been able to let it all go. You and I had such a spark, such chemistry, such passion for each other. Luke and I have never had anything that resembled what you and I shared. Swallowing hard, I adjust myself on my knees, trying not to crush you. Your mouth is mere inches from my swollen, wet pussy lips. I've been becoming wetter and wetter ever since you kissed me a little while ago, before we were even undressed.

Now, it's all I can do to not smash my pussy against your lips, forcing you to part me with your wet, eager tongue. Instead, I wait, letting you take your time. I know how fond you are of teasing me, and I'm more than happy to let you, if I finally get to have you like I did before.
 
My mind wavers between lust for you, for your body, for the passion I alone know how to unleash---and my friend, who for all I know is downstairs twiddling his thumbs and waiting for his bride to make her grand entrance. But with your cunt above me, waiting deliciously for my tongue to part your lips and give you some very intimate kisses, I can't think about the consequences all that fervently. My lips are totally busy and there are no words worth speaking anyway.

Turning my head completely to one side, I bite playfully at your inner thigh, working my way up with kisses and nibbles until I reach your pussy and I kiss the outer lips, my tongue reaches out, probing gingerly. My hands play across your breasts, fingering your tits.

I open my mouth onto you, my tongue sticking further out and I run it all the way along your slit, starting in the rear and coming up to meet your clit where I swirl it around and around, teasing you. I start doing laps, running down your length, pausing to kiss, shoving my tongue deep inside you and returning to your clit twisting in complex maneuvers that no cock ever dreamt of attempting. I haven't yet decided if I will make you cum this way or with my dick inside you, but I soon forget the dilemma and figure that time will tell. My hands run down your back, clutching your ass, and holding you solidly against my mouth as I start to get down to proper business of pleasuring you.
 
As you bite at my inner thigh, I shudder again, my body unaccustomed to such gentle foreplay. Groaning softly, I grip harder at your hair, trying not to hurt you. As your lips finally brush across my pussy, I moan out louder than I intended, shaking above you. I haven't had someone touch me like this in a long, long time.

Before I know it, your tongue has probed past my lips, parting me and tasting me for the first time. I'm soaked, and I'm almost embarrassed by it. It's as if my pussy is intent on giving away just how turned on you can make me. I lean my head back as you run the length of my slit, whimpering as you give my clit extra attention. I can feel that tiny hooded nub swelling and tingling as you lick at it, coaxing it out of hiding. When you grip my ass hard, the pleasure welling up inside of me grows ten fold. I don't think I can hold out very long, especially with you being so adept at all of this.

"Oh, David... fuck... suck on it. Suck on my clit...."

I don't want to give too many orders, because I know you have enough knowledge about what feels good to go without my advising. But I can't help giving you a little input, mainly because I know that I'm already so close. Moaning again, my back arching a bit, I'm grateful for your strong hands holding me steadily against your mouth. I'm pretty positive that I'll be cumming soon, my pussy squirting all over your lips. I want to warn you of the impending climax, and try my best to get the words out at an audible level.

"I'm very close... if you don't stop, I'll be drenching you in a few moments...." My words come out as a breathy whisper, but I'm sure you know what I'm saying, due to the sense of urgency in my tone.
 
Clutching at your ass, pulling you down into my mouth, I can feel your juices flowing. I can remember the last time I did this, how you spurting cum all over my face, and I lapped it up happily.

I want you to cum for me, perhaps then you will be satiated, perhaps you can go through with the wedding with a somewhat clearer head, if not clearer conscience. I feel somewhat bad, knowing that you are struggling to hold yourself upright, and I remember the last time with you bucking and moaning while safely laying on your back--without the opportunity to topple over under the strain.

My tongue was still doing laps, still kissing you deeply, probing into your pussy and tickling your clit, wrapping my lips around the swelling knob and sucking gently. I can feel your body above me start to shudder and I know what is about to happen. I welcome it.
 
Groaning and shuddering, I can feel my orgasm building, just the way it did so many nights ago. I grip at your hair harder than I have before, pulling as you suck on my clit hard. I want to cum so badly for you.... and I do. Biting down hard on my lip in an attempt to muffle my moans and screams, I feel myself release, my pussy contracting hard as I begin to cum.

"David... yes... yes, David... fuck fuck fuck..."

I shake, my chest heaving, my breath coming in short shallow bursts. I grind down a bit, unconsciously, just trying to get more of your mouth on me. I'm filled with ecstasy, barely coming down from my orgasm, even after a few minutes have passed. I'm sure that your face is covered in my juices and I look down at you to check, blushing a bit. I don't think I was nearly as quiet as I had hoped, but I'm still pretty positive that no one downstairs heard anything.

Now, however, I'm wondering how much time we have left before the wedding is supposed to begin. Do I even want to go through with it? Do I want to marry Luke? Before I do anything, I should probably dismount.
 
As you swing your thighs off of my, and collapse backwards, I rise and head to the bathroom where I splash water on my face, rinsing my beard, and trying hard not to think about what might have been heard outside the room. You're screams surely carried.

I come back to the room, my cock still swollen and swinging free, bobbing slightly as I stand in the doorway. I look at you, still smiling stupidly and breathing hard. I look at you quizzically, tilting my head to the side slightly and smiling back at you with compassion and a bit of lust still lingering in my eyes.
 
From where I'm sprawled out on the bed, I can see you head for the bathroom, wondering what you're thinking. You haven't said anything since you started your assault on my pussy, and I ponder that fact while I catch my breath once more. When I hear you padding back into the room, I glance over at you, smiling like a complete idiot. I can see in your eyes that you still want me, but I don't know exactly what to do about that. I probably should put my dress on, head downstairs, marry my fiancee and ride off into the sunset. But I don't want to, at least not yet.

"Come here...."

I prop myself up on my side, resting my head on my elbow as I watch you. Your cock is still hard and swollen, standing at full attention. I know what it is that I really want to happen, but I want to gauge what your feelings are first. I pat the spot on the bed next to me, my hair draped down across the arm that is holding my head up.
 
Taking my seat next to you, where you had indicated, I lean my back against the wall and position myself so that you can lay your head in my lap, rather than contorting your arm to support yourself.

My cock is still raging hard, and still longing for a proper release. Your naked body curls and conforms to my hip and I tangle my fingers in your hair. I stroke your back and admire your naked body.

Out loud I say: "What is it that we're doing? Is there any kind of redemption in this afternoon? My offer still stands you know...I could be climbing out that window with you across my shoulder in a matter of minutes." I sigh heavily, my cock bobbing slightly as my chest heaves, still at least half hard.

I smile somewhat ruefully. "We still have a couple of more chances...right up until the pastor asks for objections I guess." My cock yearns to be engulfed in your lips once more, or perhaps buried to the hilt in your sweet pussy. "What we are doing doesn't seem quite right to me...this sneaking around behind closed doors. If you go through with this I don't know if I can still see you."

"God I hate playing the bastard, and I am about as far as I can be from wanting to offer an ultimatum---but do you want to do the sneaking around behind Luke's back? Do you feel like this has concluded some things for you? Settled some inner turmoil? Or are you more in doubt than ever?"

"I do love you." Saying this out loud almost sticks in my throat, until I realize the truth in the words.
 
I curl in next to you, taking in your scent, breathing it into my lungs. All I can do is listen now as you speak, revealing your feelings. I knew all of this already, and I've been dreading the moment when you'll tell me how you really feel.

I chew on my lip in deep thought, wondering what it is that we're doing too... I know that this is what I've wanted for months. I know that the feeling of your hands on my skin soothed an ache that I had been suffering from for a long time. But it's more than just a physical itch that needed to be scratched. What I wanted, more than anything, was to look into your eyes again. You and I have spent so long avoiding each other and doing this insane dance to keep our feelings hidden. Releasing all of those emotions has felt so wonderful, that I'm not sure myself if I can go downstairs and pretend like nothing's changed.

I turn to look up at you as you speak your last few sentences, questions mostly about what we should do now. Then you say it. The words that I had been holding in, unsure of, ever since that night. I never expected you to tell me that... or anything like it. Shocked, my mouth wide open, I lock my eyes on yours. Then I push myself to sit up, scooting right up next to you so that we're eye level.

"You love me? I... I love you." It sounds strange coming from my mouth, and I realize it's because I added inflection, as if it was a question I was posing. I clear my throat, swallow hard and try again. "I love you. I really really love you." It feels good to get those feelings out, and I want to smile because I'm so thrilled. But the fact of the matter is, I have decisions to make.

"I don't want to hurt Luke. Sneaking around can be fun and erotic, but in the end it's wrong... I know that. But all this has done for me is show me how much I truly care about you. I want you... for more than just your beautiful cock." I chuckle, trying to lighten the mood, trying to do anything that will make this easier.

"What can we do? Do you want me? If I leave Luke, don't go through with this, run away with you... will you pass me up for something better in a month?" I'm genuinely afraid. You've never settled down, and you're wild... which is something I love about you. But Luke is safe. I know I won't ever worry about him running off with someone else. Although, I suppose he should have been worried about me.
 
I look into your eyes with an intensity that I know you haven't seen in a long while. I reach out, and cupping your face in my hand I draw you to me, my mouth finds yours and I dive into your lips, kissing you with abandon. Pulling back, I keep my eyes locked on yours, though my dick wants me to be focusing on your body instead.

My tone is quiet, frank. "Anything we decide today doesn't need to be forever. While there is a certain eroticism to an affair, I don't see that as a long term solution. If you're having second thoughts, call Luke, tell him you need to think some things through. We can disappear for a while, head down to Mexico for a couple of weeks. I can pretend as though I'm leading another expedition and won't be around. Luke might not ever have to know that we were together during that time."

I reach out and draw your sitting form to me, holding you close. "I don't know what promises I can make to you, but I will agree that we both have some things that need finding out about the other person...and that I love you. ---There, I said it again, without even blinking. This is me, not running from you, but perhaps, running with you."
 
I blush, my mouth unable to keep from spreading into a wide smile. As horrible as it is, I'm happier in this moment than I was the night Luke proposed to me. I think that thought alone is enough to secure my actions. Leaning forward to kiss you once more, I let my hand drift down to graze along your hard shaft. I murmur softly against your lips.

"I'll do it. I love you. I love you too..."

Pulling back, I bite my lip, taking one last lingering glance at you, your cock, your body... then I stand from the bed and head right over to the vanity mirror in the corner of the room. The clothing I was wearing when I arrived here -- a pair of tight, blue jeans and a black tank top -- sit in a pile on the dresser. I retrieve those and then head back to the center of the room to retrieve my silk panties from the floor. Definitely need those.

"Get dressed. Quickly. We'll head out the window and then I'll call Luke. I don't want to be around when he hears from me..."

I feel bad, sort of. There's a big part of me that really loves Luke, and doesn't want to see him hurt. But I can't pretend that my feelings for you don't exist. If anything, that would be worse. It'd be as if I was lying to Luke every single day of my life. Setting my clothes down on the bed, I put them all on, one by one. I don't have a bra to wear with my tank top, I wasn't wearing one today. But that's all right. I'm sure you won't object to the sight of my hard nipples poking through my top.
 
There's a part of me that can't believe this is really happening, a part of my brain that is still clicking through the gears, waiting for them to mesh properly before engaging the rest of my body. You are fully dressed and standing by the door before I am even upright.

I look to where my clothing is bunched up on the floor and tossed over the back of a chair. A tux doesn't make a particularly convenient escape outfit, but perhaps an elegant one. I shrug back into my shirt, buttoning it up as I ask: "You sure this is what you want to do? Perhaps it would be best to talk to him in person? I know that he'll try to pressure you into staying, but at least you could make yourself heard, and maybe feel a little better about it in the morning. Just tell him you have some things that you need to think about."

As I clasp my tie, I look at you. I'm smiling, scrutinizing you. And I've never seen you so definite, so decided or so ready. Gone was the woman just going along with Luke. He was wont to have a following, and used to people going along with his schemes, and suddenly you were out!

I start thinking of ways that I can make it back to the car without raising suspicions, and where I could conveniently meet you that wouldn't be too much of a hike for you, nor to obvious for the other guests. I fret that I will run in to Luke on my way out of the building. There must be a dozen back stairs in a complex this big. Looking myself up and down in the mirror, I started feeling like some kind of secret agent, getting the girl to safety whilst wearing my tuxedo. My other clothes, I knew, were down in the car and it would take some doing to get to them.

I walk over to you, and wrap my arms around you. "My god," I say. "You don't take shit from anyone. Have I ever told you how sexy you are in my eyes?" Holding you close I kiss the top of your head. I'm shaking slightly, wondering what I have just gotten myself into, and whether or not we will really be on a plane together in a few hours.
 
I can hear you objecting again, obviously concerned with how fast I made the decision to run away from all of this. But it isn't that quick of a decision, not really. This is something I've been pondering ever since we first laid eyes on each other. I never mentioned it, but it was you I was after when I first became acquainted with your group of friends. Luke was the obvious choice, I suppose, because he showed the most interest in me right off the bat. But I had always had a thing for you, from the very beginning.

Gathering up some things in my purse, I make sure that I've packed my phone and the keys to the apartment Luke and I share, so I can get in and out of there without any assistance from him. Then I throw the make-up I had with me in my bag too, just in case. I'm hoping we can get out of the country as soon as possible, but I know I'll need to stop by my place to get a few more things first.

Surveying the room, I make sure that I've gotten everything important and also check to see that there are no traces of you lying around. I don't want anyone to know what happened in here, especially not right after I've postponed or maybe even cancelled my wedding. Heading for the door, I look up to see that you're back in your tux now. Fuck, you look good. It almost makes me want to put on that beautiful wedding dress in the corner -- and at that thought, I glance over at it -- and marry you instead. But no. This is about figuring out our feelings, not jumping into anything too crazy.

As you head over to me, I bite my lip, smiling brightly in spite of myself. I'm trying not to reveal how excited I am about this, trying to keep my feelings mostly to myself. But they're shining through, mainly because you're so damn good at making me melt into you. Closing my eyes, I accept the kiss on the top of my head and breathe in your scent. "You haven't really explicitly mentioned it, no... but I'm glad you are now...."

Pulling back, I adjust my bag over my shoulder and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, putting my game face on. This is going to be quite the maneuver, making our way out of the venue. "How are we doing this?"
 
"On a sunny day in the spring, the apple trees in bloom, and the weather finally turning nice...this place is packed out. There must be a half dozen weddings happening today. To everyone here, I'm just another tux. You on the otherhand are going to be a bit trickier. Plenty of folks are looking for you, and expecting to see you." I'm still holding you against me, and my chin bobs slightly with each word against the top of your head.

"I know you're game, and I'm proud of you for it, but I really can't see you scrambling across the roofs and shinnying down a drainpipe. Besides: I'm pretty sure that will attract more attention than simply walking out." I take a small step back, one hand still resting on your hip while the other combs through your hair.

"We know what directions you gave everyone to get here, all we have to do is avoid that route. The biggest trick is going to be getting to my car without being seen. Surely all our friends are now parking over there too...but it is a big lot, with lots of cars to duck behind. I say we just go for it, take the back way, and keep our eyes open for familiar faces."
 
I bite my lip and listen to you plan, admiring how resourceful you are. You really do want to get out of here with me, and it's nice to know you no longer object to this. Your fingers in my hair and your hand on my hip make me feel close to you. Such affection is something I never expected you to show to me again.

"All right... you already know I'm down. Let's head out the door and then down the back staircase, near the kitchen. I doubt there will be anyone back there except waitstaff, and they don't know what I look like. Besides... I'm dressed pretty casually, I think I'll be less recognizable."

I've taken out my elaborate hairdo, making it even easier to blend into the crowd. Taking one last look at my wedding dress, I sigh, realizing how truly beautiful it was and how wonderful I would have felt in it. But this is better. I slip my fingers into yours and squeeze your hand once before maneuvering us out the doorway and around to the back staircase. I keep my eyes peeled for any members of my or Luke's families and then slip through the door next to the kitchen. We're now outside at the back of the building, and if you parked where everyone else did, we're a mere few feet from the edge of the lot.
 
Before slipping out together, you keep eyeing your wedding dress, draped over the back of a chair. I can see how important it is to you. In the hall, I let go of you hand slipping back into the room for a moment. An instant later I'm with you again, a pillow under my arm. You look at me questioningly, but I whisper a simple "you'll see." I wink, taking your hand in mine and disappearing down the stairs and outside.

There are a few distant people all heading vaguely in the direction of the entry hall, but I do not recognize any of them. This is good I think. Looking that way I can see a mass of people lining up for photographs, no one was going to notice a random guy in a tux walking across the parking lot.

"Wait here. I'll get the car." I walk between the rows of vehicles to my own, fit the key to the lock and get in. I drive through the lot to the back corner of the building, where I can see you standing, trying to appear inconspicuous. Stopping, you open the door and slip into the passenger seat and suddenly we are on the gravel road leading away.

It feels good to be doing something, to be moving again, to have some purpose. I let out a gust of breath.

"That feels better." Reaching behind the seat, I drop the white pillowcase in your lap. You curiously look at it, until I flip open the end and you see the satin and lace of your dress neatly bundled up inside.

I smile crookedly. "Wouldn't want to forget anything important, now would we?"
 
I'm just as nervous as you seem, escaping from the building. When you go to get the car and I'm left there, unprotected, I attempt to shrink into myself. I don't see anyone recognizable, though, so I think we're safe. When you pull up, I throw myself into the car and before I know it, we're speeding away. I'm curious about the pillow you grabbed from my room before we left, and just as I'm thinking about it, you drop it into my lap.

Glancing down, I'm confused, but then you flip back a corner. My wedding dress! It's not just a pillow after all.... seeing it, I bite my lip, smiling to myself. I didn't want to lose something I had grown so attached to. No matter if I ever got to wear this dress, I didn't want it sitting in a dusty bridal shop again after being sold by an angry ex-fiancee.

Looking up at you, I smile, leaning in to plant a few soft kisses on your cheek. "How did you know? ...oh, no matter. You're fantastic." I reach over to squeeze your hand where it sits on the gear shift, then reach into my purse to pull out my phone. Part of me never wants to make this phone call, but I know I have to. I can't just leave Luke hanging, wondering where I've run off to. I have to let him know that I need time to think, and that I'll contact him in a week or so. Swallowing, I let go of your hand as I hit his speed dial number. Then I raise the phone to my ear and glance out the window.

The phone rings once, twice, three times before going straight to voicemail. There was little to no service in that building, so it's possible that he can't pick up at this moment. I think about him standing there in his dressing room with the other groomsmen (everyone but his missing best man) and I feel a pang of guilt run through me. But would it really be better for me to lie to him about my feelings? As the beep sounds, I begin to talk. My message to him is short, but sweet. I try to be honest about my feelings (although I mention nothing of wanting to be with another man) and then I tell him that I love him and I'll talk to him soon. It's hard, but what else can I do?

After swiftly hanging up the phone, I rub at my temples slowly. Then I turn back to you, the expression on your face a bit strained. I'm sure it wasn't easy for you to hear me breaking such sad news to one of your best friends. However, I also see a bit of victory shining on your face. Clearly, you're just a little bit proud of yourself for securing me, if only for a while. Grinning again, I look out at the road ahead of us. We're close to my apartment now.

"If we stop at my place now, we'll definitely make it out in time, maybe before he even gets the message..."
 
I pull onto your street, thought not into your drive, and park several yards down the road. You hop out, dress under your arm, and run up the front walk---taking the steps two at a time.

I keep waiting for my phone to ring and keep wondering what I will say when it's Luke on the other end. Surely they would have noticed by now, surely they will have realized that the bride is missing. Surely they will have noticed that the best man was nowhere to be found as well. Surely there would be talk. I thought about going back, about the explanations and apologies that would be made, about the fallout. But I realized, there was no turning back. We were past that point.

We were past that point, and we didn't even know what direction we were going.

You got back into the car after shutting the hatch on a small suitcase. "My place next, how about?" I ask this in a tone that suggests you might have some better idea, though none seems to be forthcoming.
 
I pack a lot of underwear and bras mostly, realizing that no matter where I go, I'll need at least those. Then I throw shorts and t-shirts and dresses, plus a few sweatshirts, into the mix. Even so, I've packed light, and I applaud myself for being able to do so. Honestly, Luke may not even notice that I've taken anything. Even so, I leave him a short note, one that he won't miss, on the counter in the kitchen. It's to the point, but I try to be as nice as possible. Signing it, I drop the pen and take a final look around this apartment. Memories made, but none too spectacular, if I'm being honest. Shaking thoughts of Luke away for now, I head back out to your car and put my suitcase in the trunk. Then I get in and immediately put my hand on your thigh, squeezing it gently, mainly to reassure myself.

"Your place? Well, yeah... I suppose we should plan this a bit better. Go somewhere to do it... right?"

I smile, eager to see your place, as I haven't seen it before. Not that I can remember anyway. I hope no one will come running to your place when they discover that the two of us are missing. Yeah, you're the best man, so maybe Luke will want to head over there to get to the bottom of this. But it hasn't been that long since we left, and perhaps no one even realizes I'm gone yet.
 
As we pull away from the curb, with your hand on my thigh, I am having difficulty imagining how we've come so far without any repercussions. I can see Luke, knocking at your door, then the housekeeping called to get a key, and finally the vacant room opened to discover not even so much as your scent hanging in the air. No sign at all to indicate that you had ever even been there.

I'm surprised that no phone messages have come up yet. For either of us. Perhaps, as you mentioned, there is no cell coverage at the complex.

We pull up in front of the old fire station, and you look at me quizzically. "This is it," and I motion you to get out of the car.

Inside I drop some things on the couch that marks the boundary of the living, and workshop spaces on the ground floor. I disappear into the office and you hear some rustling and return a moment later with a world map I'd just pulled off the wall and a laptop.

"Decision time," I say and I let you look over the map. "We'll take a few minutes to think about where to go, do a little research. We've already been hasty enough today. Make yourself at home, I'm going to take off this monkey suit." I head up the steps to the balcony and the loft that runs the length of the building, feeling my phone in my pocket, and wondering at what point I should make the call."
 
Back
Top