Help! Halloween 2026 contest

Madisonn3

Novice explorer
Joined
Sep 17, 2026
Posts
46
I am pretty new to writing stories here. But want to submit a story to the Halloween contest. I'm not going to win but it would be fun just to be a part of it.

I have an idea for a story. Got most of the plot and the basic premise figured out. But I don't know how to start the story.
The premise is that a young woman owes her first born to a supernatural being. She is currently child free, but promised to give her first born to this being when they are born. The child will not be in any danger, but she will have to give it up.
But I struggle to come up with how she ends up in this situation, that haven't been done a million times already.
Anyone have any good ideas?

The story is set in our current time. And is somewhat of a comedy story.
 
Last edited:
I am pretty new to writing stories here. But want to submit a story to the Halloween contest. I'm not going to win but it would be fun just to be a part of it.

I have an idea for a story. Got most of the plot and the basic premise figured out. But I don't know how to start the story.
The premise is that a young woman owes her first born to a supernatural being.
But I struggle to come up with how she ends up in this situation, that haven't been done a million times already.
Anyone have any good ideas?

The story is set in our current time. And is somewhat of a comedy story.
She's an influencer on social media and in order to get a million followers or whatever would get her career into the stratosphere, she made a pact with a supernatural being, possibly when she had no thought of having children. I've no idea if this is a new idea or not but your comment about current times and comedy inspired this for me.
 
Don't worry about repeating a theme. We've all been there. Once you put your own spin on it, it'll be fine.

Options - a deaf genie in a bottle who mishears her wish
My Halloween date is an alien
The haunted bidet...
 
Fun idea for another story. But it doesn't fit this plot.
A big part of the plot is that she owe her first born to a supernatural entity. The unpaid debt is a big part of the plot.
Vampire master and werewolf alpha both lay claim to the child? Kinda looking more at the comedy angle. She’s pregnant(lots of fun on how it happens with a threesome), but they don’t know which one is the father.
 
Vampire master and werewolf alpha both lay claim to the child? Kinda looking more at the comedy angle. She’s pregnant(lots of fun on how it happens with a threesome), but they don’t know which one is the father.
I love your idea. Half considering rewriting it hehe.
I already have who she owes the debt to figure out. What I'm looking for is the event that triggers the dept. Why she owes her first born. Not to whom.
 
@Madisonn3, I think people read "owes her child to" the being as meaning, the being helped her get the child so she owes a debt to the being, not that she has to turn the child over to the being.

Rapunzel retelling springs to my mind, now that I get your meaning.

Does your woman try to cheat by just never having a child, so a demon arranges to have her seduced on Halloween (when its power is greatest)?
 
@Madisonn3, I think people read "owes her child to" the being as meaning, the being helped her get the child so she owes a debt to the being, not that she has to turn the child over to the being.

Rapunzel retelling springs to my mind, now that I get your meaning.

Does your woman try to cheat by just never having a child, so a demon arranges to have her seduced on Halloween (when its power is greatest)?
Not trying to cheat, but it just doesn't happen. Much to the demons frustration. And will try all kinds of solutions, love potions, counseling, coaching, being a wingman, and so on
 
She made a deal with a devil for Taylor Swift tickets.

She said "I'd sell my firstborn for a man who likes to eat a girl out/can make me orgasm/my sister hasn't already slept with."

She's the "seventh child of a seventh child" and fulfills an ancient prophecy.

She's a cult leader (probably less comedic)

She said "I wish the Goblin King would come and take you away right now" and then Davie Bowie appears with that giant frontal bulge in his tights.
 
I am pretty new to writing stories here. But want to submit a story to the Halloween contest. I'm not going to win but it would be fun just to be a part of it.

I have an idea for a story. Got most of the plot and the basic premise figured out. But I don't know how to start the story.
The premise is that a young woman owes her first born to a supernatural being. She is currently child free, but promised to give her first born to this being when they are born. The child will not be in any danger, but she will have to give it up.
But I struggle to come up with how she ends up in this situation, that haven't been done a million times already.
Anyone have any good ideas?

The story is set in our current time. And is somewhat of a comedy story.
She a writer of erotic fiction and is so stuck about how to start a story that she summons Mephistopheles and cuts a deal.
 
She a writer of erotic fiction and is so stuck about how to start a story that she summons Mephistopheles and cuts a deal.
And then the author submits the story to the Lit 2026 Halloween contest, and if she wins she owes AH her first kid.

Edit: For bonus satire points say this isn't the first time this has happened and that's how we find moderators for the forums
 
I love the idea that the supernatural being is AH itself. It's the hive mind we all exist within, obsessed with ratings and the merits of various narrative voices and dialogue tags.
AH is The Dread Goddess of Darkness! Muhaha muhaha MUHAHA!

OP, remember every possible plot/storyline/trope has been done before somewhere and Shakespeare only had two truly unique plays (bonus points for those who know which they are).
 
Shakespeare only had two truly unique plays (bonus points for those who know which they are).
"Twelfth Night" and "Deck the Whores with Balls of Rayleigh" - the second was in one of the lost Folios which was found, recently. Apparently, Gloriana loved it.
 
Back
Top