I Will Not Give In!!!

Ope, Andy and Aunt Bee were make-believe.. it was TV.. of course it had a happy ending. :rolleyes:

So now it's a game of who's bigger and badder.. whose got all the right weapons to wipe out the others' nation..

Even if we scare them off.. eventually they will get even & then it's "Goodbye US of A"

Oh yeah, I feel safer already.
 
Ambrosious said:


Beat harder, beat longer, make them REMEMBER the beating. And don't charge them for it.

the harder you hit a piece of iron the stronger it becomes
you will never make a blacksmith either
wher did the idea come to fly aircraft into buildings
what ?
you dont know?
an american author
really ?
yeah
he has good cia connections as well
guess what, his books always show the best way to beat the opponent is to be clever and incisive
you just sit on your porch screaming abuse at the neighbours dog waving your big stick in the air
 
Myst

My China Doll will be three next week. Sadly, I have to send her to a sitter during day.
For the first year, every day, one of boys would bite her.
Each day, I teach her, curl, fold. lock, hit with the two big knuckles and then we work on the heavy bag...

The little fucker stopped biting her.

Any theories as to why?
 
lickerish said:


So now it's a game of who's bigger and badder.. whose got all the right weapons to wipe out the others' nation..

Even if we scare them off.. eventually they will get even & then it's "Goodbye US of A"

Oh yeah, I feel safer already.

No, now it's time to throw out the rule book we've been faithfully following and meet these vermin on their terms. No more worrying about the loss of innocent lives in their countries when we strike.

The only communication they understand is war, and they've brought that communication to us.

We have two choices, the same two choices you face whenever you're in danger. Fight or Flight.

Fight and fight just as dirty as they do is our only option. This isn't about scaring them off. This is about destroying them and searing into the minds of anyone who would plot to attack our citizens ever again that doing so will bring about swift, brutal, and total destruction.

Opting for flight is what will destroy us.
 
Myst, I get what you're saying. And I think that the "let's bomb em off the map!" ranting I've been hearing all over the Net is a little off. These things need to be handled intelligently - force properly applied. But force MUST be applied.

What you have to realize is that these terrorists are fanatics. They would kill you where you stood if it suited their purposes. They don't value life, not even their own. They're soldiers to a cause. Sitting them down for tea and explaining to them that killing is wrong ain't gonna change their minds. Neither, btw, is bombing the living crap out of them. Like I said, they don't value life - they're dedicated to their beliefs, like McVeigh, like Kaczynski. But what needs to happen is that we need to make life a little harder for those countries that give them support. This will involve weapons and killing, possibly sanctions. Who knows? I sure as hell don't, but I'm sure our government and our allies have a plan.

More importantly, we need to send out a signal to any other cults and terrorists across the world that there are major repercussions to acts of terrorism. If We Don't - If we turn the other cheek - we clear the way for every unhappy loony group in the world to terrorize all of us. More innocent people around the world will die at the hands of terrorists. We - meaning all freedom-loving people in all countries across the world - need to make it known that terrorism WILL be punished, and that nations who support terrorism WILL be held accountable for acts of violence.

It's not about revenge. It's about your safety, and mine. It's about our children's safety. It's about being able to get on a plane or go to work in a skyscraper without fear. Yes, it sucks that more innocents will have to die if we bomb, but more will die if we do not.
 
Laurel said:

But what needs to happen is that we need to make life a little harder for those countries that give them support. This will involve weapons and killing, possibly sanctions. Who knows? I sure as hell don't, but I'm sure our government and our allies have a plan.


Sanctions won't be part of the solution. We've had sanctions in place against the Taliban for years because of their continued support of Bin Laden. Sanctions don't work long term because our humanitarianism eventually comes to the front and we cannot bring ourselves to continue to harm the people of a country.
 
What Laurel said- ditto!

I don't want to live in fear for the rest of my life. I want the terrorists of the world to fear US instead.
 
these people have fighting wars for centuries , look at the lebanon ,
christians jews and muslims have been fighting for control of jerusalem for thousands of years .
the point many of you are missing is this:
you are not fighting an army as in the gulf
you are fighting guerillas as in vietnam , people that dont fight organised battles but launch sneak attacks , the israelis have been trying to bomb the palestians into submission since 1973
the ira and udf/uvf have been staging covert boming raids even longer . now that you have experienced the devastation caused by 20 men your whole way of life will change , and apart from closing your borders to all foreign nationals [not an option] you are going to have dialogue and negotiate .
doesnt mean a few bombs dont get dropped first though
 
morninggirl5 said:
No more worrying about the loss of innocent lives in their countries when we strike.

This isn't about scaring them off. This is about destroying them and searing into the minds of anyone who would plot to attack our citizens ever again that doing so will bring about swift, brutal, and total destruction.

Opting for flight is what will destroy us.

What about the loss of more innocent American life when they strike? How will you feel when that innocent is life is your family, or even you? Still up for a good fight? (not you personally Morninggirl5, i'm just scared and angry))

Why do we have to destroy innocent citizens in a country.. it's not their fault that they have a fucked up evil man living in their midst.. they have to die for his actions?

Opting for fight will kill more of us.
 
lickerish said:


What about the loss of more innocent American life when they strike? How will you feel when that innocent is life is your family, or even you? Still up for a good fight? (not you personally Morninggirl5, i'm just scared and angry))

Why do we have to destroy innocent citizens in a country.. it's not their fault that they have a fucked up evil man living in their midst.. they have to die for his actions?

Opting for fight will kill more of us.

We're all scared and angry lickerish.

I'll continue to support military action to fight terrorism until we have won. I see two choices for us now, fight to win or surrender to terror and the destruction of our country.

We have been more than humanitarian to the people in Afghanistan. Their government has continued its policies that put them at risk. It's hardhearted, but we're at the point that we have to be hardhearted. We are making a choice between innocents there or many, many more innocents here. That choice is easy for me.

Todd's sig line says something to the effect that freedom isn't free, it comes at a cost. The bill for our freedom is due, are we going to pay it?
 
But will nuking the country, and all those innocent people that don't believe in Osama, stop the evilness? Are we going to disinigrate every single country that is against us, for one reason or another, until it is the U.S. standing alone?
 
A_Jacks said:
My China Doll will be three next week. Sadly, I have to send her to a sitter during day.
For the first year, every day, one of boys would bite her.
Each day, I teach her, curl, fold. lock, hit with the two big knuckles and then we work on the heavy bag...

The little fucker stopped biting her.

Any theories as to why?

You must be FUCKED in the head. I have ever come across anything so patently idiotic in all my life!
 
I wish everybody would stop being so damn melodramatic.

Nobody is going to "nuke" anybody.

cripes.
 
Well fuck me.

If that's the case I'm gonna watch the cartoon network.
 
I don't want innocent people to die, either. :(

Hell, I didn't want the innocent people who died Tuesday to die, now that we're on the topic of what I want. In my ideal world, this never happened. In my ideal world, now that it has happened, it'll all just go away if I close my eyes and pray hard enough for peace on Earth.

But then I open my eyes and look around and, nope, I'm still here, and this is still real. God, what an awful feeling, that we might be to blame for further violence and further death. It makes me sick to my stomach.

But we've got to understand something: the violence and death is coming one way or another. The people who did this will keep coming, and keep coming, and keep coming. These are fanatics who are dedicated to nothing less than the death of all Americans and the collapse of the free world.

It's not like we're deciding to go to war for shits and giggles. The war is here. The war is happening. The war started on Tuesday, September 11, 2001, at 08:45 EST. The war will continue until those making war with us are made to stop. God, I hope we can do this without nukes. If we nip this thing in the bud, here and now, we might just be spared that horrible option.

This isn't an easy for me. I've always been a pacifist, but I haven't seen the nay-sayers offer up an alternative that doesn't result in the end of the USA, sooner if not later. She may have her faults, but I'm not ready to say good-bye to her just yet. So if not violence, then what? Seriously: if you know the way to go, share it with the class, because I for one would love a viable option to more bloodshed - our innocents or theirs.
 
Problem Child said:
I wish everybody would stop being so damn melodramatic.

Nobody is going to "nuke" anybody.

cripes.

Amen.

This is gonna be one where we have to get our hands dirty. To use the "cockroach" analogy, we have to get in there and find the nest. Burning down the house won't get rid of them. We have to search through all the darkened nooks and crannys until we find them all.

Turning the Middle East into a sheet of glass won't solve the problem. Nor will curling up in a ball and waiting for it all to go away.

Hope you're all in this one for the long haul, folks. I am.
 
I have made a point to stay out of these discussions on what's right and wrong here. I just can't anymore. I've got te speak my mind.

I cried when I watched this all happening. I cried even harder each time I think of the innocent children who were murdered for some terrorist's fanatical policies. I cried for all the children who have to be told that they mama or daddy didn't make it home, but that nobody knows if they are dead or alive. I cried for those who WERE abale to tell their children that their loved ones were dead. I continue to cry for them.

I also cry at the thought of the US going to war/retalliating the peoiple responsible. I ache with the knowledge that there will be more deaths. I fear for the lives of even more children. But I also know in the grand scheme of things, if we sit back and take this shit from the assholes of the world, that it's gonna happen again and again.

These pricks came into OUR sandbox and knocked down the biggest and best candcastle we ever built and it's time to get them back. They killed our people and hurt our children and for that they must pay. I can almost-note I say ALMOST- forgive when it's not involving kids. But anytime a child is hurt, I want to rip the throat out of anyonew who made one child shed a tear. I can't forgive that.

If it were possible, I would be willing to die for this one. I would go and blow some asshole to hades where he should be. I would make him suffer before he had the luxury of death. I would love to see those jerks horsewhipped in public, 20 lashes for each person they killed, for each child they orphaned. Unfortunately, I'm not fit for service and I feel that in this case, the best thing I can do is stay here and protect my OWN children.

We alll need to stand together on this. If we sit and bicker and fight, then the terrorists will be winning. They will be driving a wedge between people and what are we doing that's good? In this case, take an example of the government. Right now, all political parties are basically non-exisatant. We aren't Democrats or Republicans or Independants or anything else. We are Americans. We are also human.

I love my country! God bless Her and keep her safe!
 
Back
Top