If I was in charge

Biggs_Darklighter

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 9, 2019
Posts
5,159
We'd go back to one hardwired house phone. Black, heavy, dial that hurts your fingers after too many numbers. Maybe even party lines so you can get your gossip fix if you really need to.
Fuck I hate phones. I hate the sound it makes when I get a text I don't want from a person I don't like. I hate when it rings while I'm trying to chillax. I hate seeing other people with their heads down staring at a phone instead of paying attention to shit that no matter what's on that phone is far more important.
I could go on but I'll spare you. Go back to your phone.
 
I don't have a landline anymore. However, I've always believed that the correct place for a phone is on a hall table and that it should stay there. My own phone (1st generation iPhone) does this. It stays there if I leave the house, never take it with me. I keep the volume of the ringer turned down to zero and check it maybe 2 or 3 times a day for missed calls, texts and messages. I pick and chose the ones I reply to and I make calls and texts when it suits me.
The change to mobile technology, in so far as the phone is concerned has made no difference to me from the old days of the landline.
 
I've been collecting early telephones. I've got a heavy black one from about 1937 and I've got a couple of Slimline phones from right about the time they broke up the baby bells.

One of the funniest new in the package pieces of vintage technology that I have is a 25-foot coiled extension cord for a traditional phone.

Last time that I had something that resembled a landline that I actually used was 20 years ago. It was VOIP.

Probably about 8 years ago when I was working in the company town I wanted internet access and the best way to get it at the time I was through the cable company which also provided a VoIP phone and phone number together with a listing in the local phone book.

I never dialed out on it and no one ever dialed me even though I got a semi vanity phone number it was really easy to give out.
 
I got one of those obnoxious sales calls yesterday, with a twist.


Ni Hau!

Followed by a lot of fast-talking Mandarin...
 
Back in the day houses had a phone nook in the hallway for the black rotary dial.

So get offa my lawn!
 
The phone my family had when I was a youth was black and had no dial and no buttons. When you picked it up, you heard a female voice saying "Number please" and you told her the phone number you were calling. She thanked you and the next thing you heard was the same voice telling you the line was busy or the phone ringing. After that, somebody picked up the phone on the other end or the operator said they weren't answering. In case of the latter, you thanked her and either tried calling later or went about your business.
 
We'd go back to one hardwired house phone. Black, heavy, dial that hurts your fingers after too many numbers. Maybe even party lines so you can get your gossip fix if you really need to.
Fuck I hate phones. I hate the sound it makes when I get a text I don't want from a person I don't like. I hate when it rings while I'm trying to chillax. I hate seeing other people with their heads down staring at a phone instead of paying attention to shit that no matter what's on that phone is far more important.
I could go on but I'll spare you. Go back to your phone.

My husband passed away unexpectedly and having a cell phone made it much worse. Constant texts checking in, asking if there was anything they could do. Not many calls because that's too personal and awkward. I got to the point I let my cell phone die or leave it in another part of the house just to not to deal. I've reached a point where I no longer avoid my phone but I am not glued to it like I was "before". I didn't realize how much of a distraction it had become until it became a constant reminder of the worst time in my life.
 
My husband passed away unexpectedly and having a cell phone made it much worse. Constant texts checking in, asking if there was anything they could do. Not many calls because that's too personal and awkward. I got to the point I let my cell phone die or leave it in another part of the house just to not to deal. I've reached a point where I no longer avoid my phone but I am not glued to it like I was "before". I didn't realize how much of a distraction it had become until it became a constant reminder of the worst time in my life.

Your husband ghosted you because you're a dumb cunt.
 
Your husband ghosted you because you're a dumb cunt.

You are one of those trolls I read about. The ones who enjoy being hateful. I don't understand the appeal behind being cruel to others but there must be. You must not have ever lost anyone close to you.
 
You are one of those trolls I read about. The ones who enjoy being hateful. I don't understand the appeal behind being cruel to others but there must be. You must not have ever lost anyone close to you.

Luk's entire purpose in life is to act like a stupid fuck in public.

Well, that and being a disappointment to the dog catcher who finally snared his mom.
 
Last edited:
No, that's Japanese.

And the response is pronounced "moshi-moshi."

"Mushi" means bug/insect. So you would sound like an idiot saying that as a response.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3o6Zti5eheDfoNxYQM/giphy.gif

The appropriate, or one of the appropriate responses to ni hao in Mandarin Chinese would be Wo xíng hao.


Unless the point would be to say "bug or insect" to the caller. You ever stop to think about things like that before you engage your auto-gif program?

No, of course not. That would prevent you from posting your laugh gif.

<insert 'zumi type laugh gif here>
 
Last edited:
You are one of those trolls I read about. The ones who enjoy being hateful. I don't understand the appeal behind being cruel to others but there must be. You must not have ever lost anyone close to you.

Luk's entire purpose in life is to act like a stupid fuck in public.

Well, that and being a disappointment to the dog catcher who finally snared his mom.

The idiot attacked Luk right when he got here. Learn your shit before you pop off, Chunk.
 
The idiot attacked Luk right when he got here. Learn your shit before you pop off, Chunk.

I have not said an unkind word to anyone here. I had to go back and look to see if I even spoke to you and I saw where I asked if you and another username were the same person or dating. Both had similar slang use of spelling and interacting with/against the same person.

I don't understand how you perceived it that way but I am sorry you took that to be an attack on you.
 
I have not said an unkind word to anyone here. I had to go back and look to see if I even spoke to you and I saw where I asked if you and another username were the same person or dating. Both had similar slang use of spelling and interacting with/against the same person.

I don't understand how you perceived it that way but I am sorry you took that to be an attack on you.

Don't be sorry for Luk. Be sorry for the rest of us that the poor little multi-banned boi won't take the hint and GTFO.
 
I have not said an unkind word to anyone here. I had to go back and look to see if I even spoke to you and I saw where I asked if you and another username were the same person or dating. Both had similar slang use of spelling and interacting with/against the same person.

I don't understand how you perceived it that way but I am sorry you took that to be an attack on you.

You being a moron is offensive.
 
My pet hate is when you go out for a night and everyone is fucking around on their phones, or updating Facebook they are out for the night...fucking around on their phones.

It's very rude. I always want to push my plate away and get a book out. No difference.
 
Back
Top