Ike Yikes!

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/LisaLustaLot/Untitled-1aaa.jpg



WTF?

Again?

I am bein attacked by killer hurricanes.

Did I slap a nun and don't remember or sompthing?

Me and Scooter are used to tornadoes, not hurricanes. He hides under the bed when it thunders, if a hurricane comes through he will prolly dig a hole under my bed.

I have 3 oil lamps and a big ice chest. So if the power goes off I can still see and have cold ice tea. Also lots of ritz crackers, peanut butter and pancake syrup.

I think that is all the essentials, food, drink, and lights.

I don't understand how come these hurricanes aren't all goin to Seacat's house like usual, don't hurricanes like florida more than texas?

:rose:
 
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/LisaLustaLot/Untitled-1aaa.jpg



WTF?

Again?

I am bein attacked by killer hurricanes.

Did I slap a nun and don't remember or sompthing?

Me and Scooter are used to tornadoes, not hurricanes. He hides under the bed when it thunders, if a hurricane comes through he will prolly dig a hole under my bed.

I have 3 oil lamps and a big ice chest. So if the power goes off I can still see and have cold ice tea. Also lots of ritz crackers, peanut butter and pancake syrup.

I think that is all the essentials, food, drink, and lights.

I don't understand how come these hurricanes aren't all goin to Seacat's house like usual, don't hurricanes like florida more than texas?

:rose:

We had it all planned for the danged thing to go to Corpus but it keeps edging closer to my house. Somebody over in New Mexico needs to turn the vacuum cleaner back on. :rolleyes:

Latest projections have it going through the West side of Houston. If ya live in Katy, ya might get ready to duck or bug out.
 
Be safe all. Tx-you're not in the path of this one, are you?

And can I just say a big thank fucking god I moved north. Hurricanes still scare the bejeezus out of me.
 
Be safe all. Tx-you're not in the path of this one, are you?

And can I just say a big thank fucking god I moved north. Hurricanes still scare the bejeezus out of me.

The Line keeps edging this way. This morning it was to pass 60 miles to the west. That down to 35 miles now. I made it through Rita with minimal damage. 117 mph winds. This one is only project to be around 90 mph this go around.

Good to see ya SJ :rose: :kiss: :heart:

It looks like it will come ashore SW of Houston, go inland to Rosenberg and then hook a right my way. They have increased the storm surge up to 20 to 22 feet for the coast along Galveston and into Galveston Bay. Mandatory evacuations for 30 miles inland. and the back areas of Galveston Bay.

I didn't realize that Houston had grown to around 5.6 Million people.
 
The Line keeps edging this way. This morning it was to pass 60 miles to the west. That down to 35 miles now. I made it through Rita with minimal damage. 117 mph winds. This one is only project to be around 90 mph this go around.

Good to see ya SJ :rose: :kiss: :heart:

It looks like it will come ashore SW of Houston, go inland to Rosenberg and then hook a right my way. They have increased the storm surge up to 20 to 22 feet for the coast along Galveston and into Galveston Bay. Mandatory evacuations for 30 miles inland. and the back areas of Galveston Bay.

I didn't realize that Houston had grown to around 5.6 Million people.

Well you know you're always welcome to evacuate to Milwaukee. :)
 
Well you know you're always welcome to evacuate to Milwaukee. :)

:D :devil:

If only I could. :heart::kiss:

Google maps has a Hurricane page now with a tracker map. It's updated through NOAA. Look at Lake Livingston on the blowup and you'll see a funny bulb shaped point on the northeast shore of the lake. i Live in the middle of that bulb.
 
Looks like this weekend would be an ideal time to burn that huge pile of brush in my meadow, since by Monday night, it will be raining buckets.

Twitters from Texans in the path are reporting insanity at gas stations & grocery stores.
 
Twitters from Texans in the path are reporting insanity at gas stations & grocery stores.

If any Literotica people are anywhere NEAR at least the early path, GET BUSY! You may be able to get supplies now, later not. Also, anything that might turn into an unguided (except by Ike) missile needs to be brought inside. Oh yeah, don't forget to check the roof rain gutters, drains, stuff like that. Ike will bring wind and RAIN!
 
Latest from big bro in Alvin, 6 hours ago:

"The landfall prediction has been slowly moving Eastwards with each update (they update at 10 & 4, morning and evening). Now on the border of Matagorda and Brazoria counties, Alvin is in Brazoria about 40 miles from the coast. Houston is supposed to get 100mph winds."

I so hope he's going to be ok, cos I know for sure he ain't going to run. :(
 
Latest from big bro in Alvin, 6 hours ago:

"The landfall prediction has been slowly moving Eastwards with each update (they update at 10 & 4, morning and evening). Now on the border of Matagorda and Brazoria counties, Alvin is in Brazoria about 40 miles from the coast. Houston is supposed to get 100mph winds."

I so hope he's going to be ok, cos I know for sure he ain't going to run. :(

Best wishes, but the map predicts that Ike will still be a hurricane until pretty far North into Texas. It looks like a rough day or two.
 
Latest report from hundreds of miles inland:

Wierd, on the highways all the flashing signs say call 211 for evacuation info's.

Peoples driving crazy, which isn't unusual, but they are driving crazier than usual.

WTF? Are they expecting it to not downgrade? I would expect severe storms, possible flooding, and high winds in a storm track. Even possible tornadoes spinning off a storm track of a hurricane, but they have never had signs about evacuation info for a hurricane hitting the coast this far inland before.

Supermarkets and gas stations all busier than usual.

Glad I got my ice tea and ritz crackers, I'm good.

:rose:
 
Galveston is evacuated, along with much of the coast, it's a big ass spread out storm.

Gov Perry told Houston to stand up tall and spit into the wind.

Its a long story, but lots of people died the last time Houston was evacuated. They are not like regular texans. They're crazy. They drive 90 miles an hour when they go out for a movie. Truck drivers will drive hours out of the way to miss Houston traffic. I been there, drove though three times, and almost died three times.

:rose:
 
Just spoke to bro.....he's at home, where the whole neighbourhood have been advised to stay. He's boarded all the windows, staked up his trees, moved the truck into the garage, moved inside anything moveable from the garden, and is about to go on the roof and nail down a few tiles.....he laughingly suggested after this is over, they'll probably be the only ones left! He has gallon bottles of water, mountains of batteries, tarpaulins, ropes, and last night he cooked up a huge pot of beef stew. He has wine, chocolate, and he's going to be sleeping in his hallway, which is in the centre of the house.

He's around 40 miles from Galveston, and it's expected to hit Alvin around 1am tomorrow morning, and will take 25 hours to pass...and they're expecting around 10-12 inches of rain.

Galvaston is already flooding, but there are people driving along the sea wall!!! They have been told to get out, or they will die, but many of people are saying, no way, it's no different to Katrina and we survived that. EEjiots !!! Authorities are going round getting information on these people, names, social security numbers, because they know that when it's over, those people won't be there, nor will their houses.

I can't imagine there'll be any phone connection once it hits, not even sure there'll be cell connection. He has a short wave radio which he uses for connecting his team at work...where quite a few of them are holing up.

I just want it over, for everyone.

Praying for everyone to come out of this safely, even though I know there's going to be a lot of sadness at the end.
 
I hope the folks on that disabled tanker (engine trouble or something) somewhere out in the gulf make it through. The coast guard can't get to them because it's too dangerous.
 
Prayers for all...

I saw on the news, one guy who was talking about the "original roof on his house." He said, "I don't think it's going anywhere." And apparently, he was ready to hang out on the roof with a surfboard?

Dude! :eek:

I'd have been outta dodge so fast I wouldn't have even heard the words "hunker down."

<---big wus! :eek:
 
The latest storm surge data for Galveston is 14.7 feet at the sea wall and 16 feet in the inner harbor. It looks like there may be some hope for Galveston.
 
With Ike still at least 10 hours from "eye landing", the water is pushing over the sea wall and onto Sea Wall Blvd. Much of downtown Galveston is already experiencing flooding, and the western end of the island is well on its way to being submerged.

Galvestonians are a strange bunch. I grew up in Houston, and we spent a lot of time on the Island. It doesn't surprise me to learn that a large number of people have not left the island. They always hold "hurricane parties" on the sea wall and others tie themselves to the pier for the "great fishing". As always, there is a group at the "Poop Deck" bar, ready to party til the sheriff closes them down.

Officials are asking those staying behind to write their social security numbers on their arm in permanent ink.

My brother is on a flight to San Antonio now, where they are staging medical personnel for incoming, if necessary. Let's pray they have to send him home early.
 
Back
Top