Just deleted another hateful comment

There aren't nearly enough toxic story comments. The NFL and MLB sign more newbs than make it as newb writers. Quality writing is unknown here, and competent writing is rare.
 
toxic comments actually aren't helpful at all. If you don't like how a story is written, or think it has too many grammar errors then get out ms word and become a volunteer editor. The best way to improve someone's skill is to teach, and the best way to teach is to show them what they're doing wrong.

high light the misspelled words in red, add comments on things you think should be said differently etc.

just telling them it's crap isn't going to do anything except maybe raise your own ego a notch.
 
For any newbies around or anyone who has been hiding under a rock as of late, NOIRTRASH is JBJ the AH's pet troll. Since the new rules about playing nice in the AH, he's had to take his show on the road but he still can resist trying to be "Toxi" in here.

Anyway, troll or people who leave toxic comment or bullies are more or less after the same thing. A reaction out of their target. If the comment has any merit, cherish it. If it doesn't have any merit, delete it. The choice is yours.

Write what you want and then go to the Editors forum to find someone to edit or at least proof read what you wrote.The basics of grammar and punctuation are easy to fix but you have to learn to fix them yourself.

As for the content of the story. That's a whole other war. If you screw something up that's one thing but you can't please everyone so please yourself.

<Puts soapbox away>
 
toxic comments actually aren't helpful at all. If you don't like how a story is written, or think it has too many grammar errors then get out ms word and become a volunteer editor. The best way to improve someone's skill is to teach, and the best way to teach is to show them what they're doing wrong.

high light the misspelled words in red, add comments on things you think should be said differently etc.

just telling them it's crap isn't going to do anything except maybe raise your own ego a notch.

I hadda grilled cheese sandwich made with rye bread yesterday. I didn't make it but it totally tasted like shit. My opinion wasn't welcome but was asked for. If you don't want SHIT! turn OFF comments.
 
Is that why you turn off voting and comments on all your stories, JBJ?

Turn it off and you miss the real comments that mean something and/or are helpful.
 
Is that why you turn off voting and comments on all your stories, JBJ?

Turn it off and you miss the real comments that mean something and/or are helpful.

You don't keep up ole Winosaurus Tex.
 
Last edited:
I find it odd that so many seem to have trouble with hateful comments. I'm fairly new to Lit, though I lurked for a good while, and I've never had anyone posting random BS in my comments. Is that weird? I mean I've had comments about how my MC is a loser/coward/wimp/too weak, is that qualified as a hate comment? I sort of just considered it unhelpful criticism. Maybe I just haven't been around long enough. Idk, I still have yet to feel the need to delete any comments. Not that I'm complaining, I quite enjoy the general positivity.
 
I have two stories now (working slowly on a series) and one of the comments really stands out. The commenter hopes that someone will break my arms and legs and gang rape another commenter. Seemed a wee bit excessive to me. ;).
 
I have two stories now (working slowly on a series) and one of the comments really stands out. The commenter hopes that someone will break my arms and legs and gang rape another commenter. Seemed a wee bit excessive to me. ;).

I assume you're writing in Lovin Wives. Those people are nuts. Death threats are a way of life. :rolleyes:
 
Got it in one. Being someone who has never bothered reading comments before, I have to confess that a few of the comments have caught me by surprise. It's the Internet, so I know there are heaping piles of hate and filth out there, but why bother commenting and reading a topic you don't like? So many better things to do with life.
 
I find it odd that so many seem to have trouble with hateful comments. I'm fairly new to Lit, though I lurked for a good while, and I've never had anyone posting random BS in my comments. Is that weird? I mean I've had comments about how my MC is a loser/coward/wimp/too weak, is that qualified as a hate comment? I sort of just considered it unhelpful criticism. Maybe I just haven't been around long enough. Idk, I still have yet to feel the need to delete any comments. Not that I'm complaining, I quite enjoy the general positivity.

Fanboys and girls can be brutal. Imagine Leonard and Sheldon critiquing a movie they don't like... They get locked up when the characters don't behave just exactly like they themselves would. The fanboys mean well, they just care soooo much.

Thank them for reading. Thank them for their opinions. Then ignore them and write your own story.
 
Got it in one. Being someone who has never bothered reading comments before, I have to confess that a few of the comments have caught me by surprise. It's the Internet, so I know there are heaping piles of hate and filth out there, but why bother commenting and reading a topic you don't like? So many better things to do with life.

It's just hypocrites revealing themselves. I mean if you comment about how immoral someone is when reading a story on a porn site, that takes the cake. It makes me laugh so hard when I read that stuff.
 
i got one to share which made me chuckle for a number of reasons.

by Anonymous
10/07/15
sick sad ashole you do not hit a woman .& I did not finish this story. I wonder weather it reflects on the aorther
 
i got one to share which made me chuckle for a number of reasons.

by Anonymous
10/07/15
sick sad ashole you do not hit a woman .& I did not finish this story. I wonder weather it reflects on the aorther

Here's one more

by you know who
10/08/15
sick sad faggot cunt. & I did not read the story. Youre a sick faggot cunt arthur
 
I've never understood why people just don't read, watch or listen to content that they don't like or don't approve of. Why purposely look for and spend time on things that are just going to put you in a bad mood?

Maybe people need something to use as a segway into lecturing and attacking others.

There's a ton of stuff on here that I'd most likely find repugnant, as my interests are rather vanilla.

I ignore what repulses me and look for what is enjoyable.

My recommendation is that the trolls and haters do the same.
 
I've never understood why people just don't read, watch or listen to content that they don't like or don't approve of. Why purposely look for and spend time on things that are just going to put you in a bad mood?

Maybe people need something to use as a segway into lecturing and attacking others.

There's a ton of stuff on here that I'd most likely find repugnant, as my interests are rather vanilla.

I ignore what repulses me and look for what is enjoyable.

My recommendation is that the trolls and haters do the same.

you're new; you'll learn. :D
 
Back
Top