LW FASCINATING "FACT"

bmeyem8

Virgin
Joined
Feb 25, 2024
Posts
72
https://www.literotica.com/s/bullsh-t-ride-me-cowboy-mature

https://www.literotica.com/s/bullsh-t-ride-me-cowboy-lw

Just for the fun of it I published 4 near-identical stories in 4 different categories. The two listed above are in Mature and Loving Wives. The Mature version rated a decent 4.36, even after the usual 1-bomb barrage all my stories get.
THE LW VERSION MAY SET A RECORD FOR LOWEST RATING ON LITEROTICA.COM . It is at 1.61.
This is due to a last minute addition I made to the story whereby I close it with the cheating wife praising her lothario for helping her through a failed marriage (even the husband says their marriage is kaput already due to his lack of interest).
What i get from this are 1. LW readers hate unrepentant wives and vociferously let their feelings known, and 2. The low rating reflects not the writing ability of the author but the reader's opinion of the storyline per se.
So just as @26thNC alluded to in a post a while back: if an LW reader is BTB (or RAAC) and your story is the opposite, then it will get a low rating. Don’t take it personally as a writer.
 
You probably would have had the same experience if, for example, you’d posted it in the I/T. The readership in certain categories can be quite picky. In the Mature section, stories about cheating (which the authors don’t want to post in LW because of the votes) have now become the majority. While there’s an ongoing debate here about what LW was originally intended for, life is turning Fetish, IR, and Mature into an alternative LW. This isn’t good for anyone; LW should be officially split up.
 
It depends on whether or not he is clapping one-handed at the time.
Would fisting a bear with his other hand meaningfully impact the probability distribution of the result?

What if the bear was a lesbian bear?

Edit: now I've got to know whether lesbian bears exist, and if so, whether there's a collective noun for them...

Edit 2: before anyone asks, no, I don't know what's wrong with me either!
 
Dear @bmeyem8

These things we know to be true:

  1. Much as us authors have literary aspirations, not all (or maybe even the majority) of readers do, and that’s totally fine
  2. Ratings are only broadly indicative of quality, what might be viewed as good stories in an EngLit class do badly, those that would have an English Professor reaching for his seppuku sword do well (and some stories get exactly what they deserve)
  3. LW readership is full of bitter men, ones who make it obvious every day why their wives left them
 
You probably would have had the same experience if, for example, you’d posted it in the I/T. The readership in certain categories can be quite picky. In the Mature section, stories about cheating (which the authors don’t want to post in LW because of the votes) have now become the majority. While there’s an ongoing debate here about what LW was originally intended for, life is turning Fetish, IR, and Mature into an alternative LW. This isn’t good for anyone; LW should be officially split up.
You are correct. The other two similar stories were in I/T and LES. They both also did well.
 
And in other news, the Pontiff defecates in the afforested area.
Emily: I have the greatest respect for you as an extremely talented author and as a vital poster on AH. I have participated in your weekly challenges and have thanked you for instigating and continuing them.
I am discouraged that you derailed this thread. I mean no offense, and I will continue to read and appreciate everything you do for us at Lit. You are a beloved powerhouse here. Thank you
 
Emily: I have the greatest respect for you as an extremely talented author and as a vital poster on AH. I have participated in your weekly challenges and have thanked you for instigating and continuing them.
I am discouraged that you derailed this thread. I mean no offense, and I will continue to read and appreciate everything you do for us at Lit. You are a beloved powerhouse here. Thank you
I didn’t derail anything. I pointed out (obliquely) that there is no new information here. Most know what LW is like already.

I’ll go delete my posts as they bother you.
 
I didn’t derail anything. I pointed out (obliquely) that there is no new information here. Most know what LW is like already.

I’ll go delete my posts as they bother you.
All deleted - save where directly answering your original post. Enjoy your thread.
 
Not too long ago, I suggested a very similar project.


The AH as a whole wasn't fond of it. I never really figured out why.
Many in the AH adamantly believe that the LW audience is a bunch of misogynistic incels, and that's "the truth"! They admit to never reading any of the stories in that category, but they know what they know.

If you were to find anything which objectively contradicts that belief, then you are wrong.
 
https://www.literotica.com/s/bullsh-t-ride-me-cowboy-mature

https://www.literotica.com/s/bullsh-t-ride-me-cowboy-lw

Just for the fun of it I published 4 near-identical stories in 4 different categories. The two listed above are in Mature and Loving Wives. The Mature version rated a decent 4.36, even after the usual 1-bomb barrage all my stories get.
THE LW VERSION MAY SET A RECORD FOR LOWEST RATING ON LITEROTICA.COM . It is at 1.61.
This is due to a last minute addition I made to the story whereby I close it with the cheating wife praising her lothario for helping her through a failed marriage (even the husband says their marriage is kaput already due to his lack of interest).
What i get from this are 1. LW readers hate unrepentant wives and vociferously let their feelings known, and 2. The low rating reflects not the writing ability of the author but the reader's opinion of the storyline per se.
So just as @26thNC alluded to in a post a while back: if an LW reader is BTB (or RAAC) and your story is the opposite, then it will get a low rating. Don’t take it personally as a writer.
Any story in which the wife "cheats" receives a 1 (or at most a 2) from about 40% of the LW audience.

It doesn't matter WHY she has extra-marital sex, it's just wrong in their minds and you can't give any acceptable reason for it. Extra-marital sex in their opinion deserves that the offender gets burned.
 
Not too long ago, I suggested a very similar project.


The AH as a whole wasn't fond of it. I never really figured out why.
Mine's still on the backburner. I plan to get around to it someday, honest. Male/female version of the same story, possibly a human version just for shits 'n giggles to see what happens.
 
Mine's still on the backburner. I plan to get around to it someday, honest. Male/female version of the same story, possibly a human version just for shits 'n giggles to see what happens.
I've tried the same with my "A New Game over Time..." His & her sides of the story.

In LW, there's no excuse for that 40% of the haters. Just accept 3.0 is the average.
 
Back
Top