Marvel: Middle Ages (OOC)

The Jeffinator

Captain Manbeard
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
This takes place in an alternate version of our world where most of the characters from Marvel exist centuries earlier. The year is 1245, and the story starts in London as many refugees come to the British Isles to escape the great war going on in Eastern Europe between the invading Mongol Empire and the defending Asgard (Asgard comprises the three countries we know as Denmark, Norway, and Sweden).

King Odin leads the frontlines of the battle in Poland, and while his son, Prince Thor, had been there as well, an argument between the two saw Thor reassigned to oversee the evacuation of civilians from the warzone. At the start of the story, Thor arrives in London to help aid the city in handling all the new refugees. A rich professor, alchemist, and land owner named Charles Xavier opens some of his properties to the refugees, but he selects the mutants among them to come and stay at his personal mansion.

Xavier then reveals to the mutants that two if his old aquaintances and fellow alchemists, Eric Magnus and Victor Von Doom, are trying to spark tensions to make the war last longer so that they continue to profit from it. He asks the refugees to help him stop Magnus and Von Doom, and in return, he will make sure they are financially secure for the rest of their lives.

So, whatcha guys think? These characters mentioned I will be playing as NPCs, and my PCs will be Wolverine and Gambit. I may also bring in Tony Stark as a weapon's developer for the war effort and a talented alchemist who creates a suit of magical armor or something.
 
Interesting concept......So can one pick nearly any Marvel character to be, so long as its translated to the Time Period?
 
In that case.....

Thou wishes to know what I am? The story of my life, is not one for the faint-hearted, nor the craven cowardice of those men who would flee at the first sight of my face.

I know not why, as I hath known their mothers.

Such rank stupidity ill-suits thee.

Silence yellow thoughts! Do not think to interrupt the flow of my monologue! Now....What manner of thoughts was I cut off?

Mothers

Thank ye. Now from the womb was I bred for war, a soldier for every country fighting the Amazons to the Turks.

From thine craven mouth shall spout thine own doom. Thou hast never fought the Amazons, and was it not yesterday that thou wast soundly kicked in thy manhood by the serving wench at that last inn?

But I hath fought the Turks! And having caught the eye of my Superior(whom I hath always suspected to be more for Ganymede then Helen, if you take my meaning), I was then volunteered for a project. To test to whit, an experimental version of the Fountain of Youth! That from my first taste would spring an army of invincible, immortal men.

Twas unfortunate we neglected to read the contract.

Bah, we cannot read anyway. Tis an art for old farty monks and prissy boys in dresses. It disfigured us greatly, ruining our looks as a sharpie pen scribbled over Ryan Renolds.

Who is this Ryan you speak of?

To that, I cannot say. Seeing as he hath betrayed us, in going over to DC! But belay that twaddle, as I reveal what manner of being I am! I am that terror that flaps in the night! I am that man, whose daughter I run off with! I....AM....


DEADPOOL!

And I am his little yellow thoughts.

Ooo, mine own thoughts....What fun shall we have together. :D
 
Bah! All my favorites is taken.

How about my own twist on things, the bad guy being a good guy, oh yeah.

The assassin who never misses, who gives every superhero (unless they are invulnerable) a run for their money. Oh yes I am talking about...Bullseye :D
 
Bah! All my favorites is taken.

How about my own twist on things, the bad guy being a good guy, oh yeah.

The assassin who never misses, who gives every superhero (unless they are invulnerable) a run for their money. Oh yes I am talking about...Bullseye :D

Bullseye from Daredevil? Cool.
 
Wanted to go for Trickshot/Deadshot, but Bullseye is just so much cooler and even crazier than the other nemeses of Daredevil. Yup that THAT Bullseye ;)
 
Back
Top